• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 drechana

drechana

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:38 AM

Hello guys,

I was wondering if any of you knew if there was more than one official model of this? I finally managed to get my hands on a complete set, looks brand new, but the dragon has been put together and painted…but….it just doesnt seem right, little bits look different to the pictures. I have been after this last expansion for years and now I have finally managed to get one (at great cost) I need to know if I have been mugged off.

Any info on this would be great.

Regards

Drec

#2 BatHead

BatHead

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:11 AM

I have one, assembled but unpainted, if you can post a pic or two, I might be able to confirm if it's the right one, but I can tell you right now, I don't believe GW made any other all-plastic dragon kits. If yours is all plastic, it's likely the right one.

#3 BatHead

BatHead

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:16 AM

I have one, assembled but unpainted, if you can post a pic or two, I might be able to confirm if it's the right one, but I can tell you right now, I don't believe GW made any other all-plastic dragon kits. If yours is all plastic, it's likely the right one.

#4 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

GW did actually make a number of plastic dragon kits, but only one of them was used for Talisman 3rd Edition. If you post a picture of the one you have it will be possible to identify which one it is.

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#5 BatHead

BatHead

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

I wasn't sure if they did make all plastic dragons. I know they did make several metal ones with plastic components (like the wings). Anyway, if you can indeed  post a pic, I can at least tell you if it matches the one I got with the Dragon's Tower expansion.                                                                               BTW, sorry for the double post earlier, the forum was especially laggy that day, and I couldn't edit it out.

#6 BatHead

BatHead

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

Also, OP, it's possible it's the proper model, but, as you say it's assembled and painted already, if a few details look off, it could be the previous owner who put it together may have modified it. I know on mine I removed a couple of horns from the  head that were sort of in the way. Again posting a pic would clear it all up.

#7 drechana

drechana

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:56 PM

Hi there,

Thanks for the replys, here are the images.

I had to link them because this forum doesnt appear to host images, at least, i couldnt find a button for it.

As you can see the head seems very low but this is comparing it to pics i have seen on boardgamegeek.com

http://imageshack.us.../img0911cn.jpg/

http://imageshack.us.../img0912fa.jpg/

http://imageshack.us.../img0913gp.jpg/

http://imageshack.us...6/img0914q.jpg/

http://imageshack.us...7/img0915gq.jpg/

Many thanks all

Drechana

#8 BatHead

BatHead

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:16 AM

Werll, that is definitely the right model. What may be throwing you off, though is the  fact that the guy who assembled it put the right leg on the left side, and the left leg on the right. You're gonna have to swap them.

#9 Czev

Czev

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

This is the same model they used for the Dark Elf Witch King for Warhammer Fantasy…..I know it well….Oh the nights of skewering Bretonians with repeating crossbow fire and broad siding them with witch elves……Oh the carnage…..but I lament.

Yes ladies and gents, I really am highly concentrated WTF!!!!!!

#10 drechana

drechana

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

Would the legs being on wrong make the head go lower then? Because compared to the other models his head is really low and facing downwards, it almost touches the table!

#11 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:54 AM

After a bit of pondering I think I will have to disagree with the consensus here, as I don't believe that it is a Talisman 3rd Edition Dragon.

There are a couple of clues from you images.

a) The angle of the body is slightly off, which is due in part to the legs being askew.

b) The spines missing from the neck of the dragon suggest a missing rider.

c) The detail on the base, as a Talisman Dragon came with a plain base.

That said, the dragon you have is 99% right, and there is every possibility that it came with a boxed set of Talisman given that they substituted other miniatures for Talisman 2nd Edition, but I think the figure is Asarnil the Dragonlord from the Dogs of War Army.

Have a look at Orclord's fantastic resource for Citadel Dragons -

http://www.sodemons....agons/index.htm

Notably the Talisman Dragon -

http://www.sodemons....isman/index.htm

…and Arsanil the Dragonlord -

http://www.sodemons....arnil/index.htm

#12 BatHead

BatHead

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:17 AM

Didn't notice the missing spines or the base detailing, The base details could have easily been added by the same guy that screwed up the legs, and he could have removed those spines with intentions of adding a rider that he never got around to. Either way, for all intents and purposes, it is the same model. All the OP needs do is swap the legs, and if he has the skills, add the spikes back. If he still feels ripped off, he can go back to the seller with what he's learned here, and see if he can't get some portion of his money back.

#13 BatHead

BatHead

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:18 AM

Again with the double post. They really need to do something about this freaking lag.

#14 drechana

drechana

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

Hmmmm

Well the spines look to be polished down but done very well so it could be that other dragon and like that from mould, also the base details have been added by the looks of things. The legs were the wrong way round and I have taken them off as I am trying to clean it all up…. Im not sure what to do now because I have been waiting 5 years to find this expansion complete with the dragon and now I find it might not be the actual dragon.

Im pretty Pi**ed right now!

Drec

#15 BatHead

BatHead

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

I understand your frustration. One way you can look at it is, it may not be the actual model that came with the expansion originally, but, other than the missing spikes on the back, it is essentially the same model from the same mold. Then again, I can do that because I am a fairly forgiving guy in these kinda situations to a fault. Can you try to comtact tjhe guy what sold it to you and see if he can at least give you a partial refund considering he basically substituted a version of the figure that did not come with the expansion? Even though, as I said, it's essentially the same figure minus the spikes? The only possible excuse he could give would be that he removed the spikes himself as part of a plan to mount a rider which he never got around to.

#16 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

Indeed. Even if the dragon is the model I linked to (which is not 100% anyway - it is hard to tell just from pics), it is still effectively the same model. The positioning of the head/neck can probably be altered depending on how the legs are positioned, so no worries there. The spikes can be replaced with a bit of green stuff, or even left as is and it will be fine. (New paragraph but my browser hates this forum software) Don't forget, some years ago after 3rd Edition was given up by GW, all old stocks of the game and expansions were sold in The Works stores for £5 a piece. That makes for a cheap Dragon mini for your Warhammer army and probably a lot were bought and separated from the game.

#17 drechana

drechana

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

Yeah I guess so, just grinds my gears a bit. I am one of those people that likes to have originals of things when it comes to things like this.

I have contacted him a couple days back but heard nothing back yet. I will email him again on Monday. It is a business so its not like it was a private seller. I dont know if it was even his, it might have been picked up from somewhere else which is more than likely. I should of known really. It looks to be bits from different areas all put together to form the complete. The cards are intact, the box looks like its just come out of the factory, the tower is a bit ripped on the folds, the dragon…well we knwo the status of the dragon, the mins dont look as though they have been touched and the assembling sheet and rule sheet look crisper than a new bank note.

Ah well, I suppose the collection is now complete, I should be happy after 5 years if waiting for it to be.

Cheers All

Drec

#18 BatHead

BatHead

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:59 AM

Yes, it's nice to know you have the ecomplete collection. Let me ask you, though, do you also have the extra character cards that appeared in White Dwarf magazine? I was lucky enough to get in touch with some very nice people who, not only were kind enough to photocopy some of the cards, one guy even sent me the actual pages!! All at no cost to me! The actual miniatures that I had to hunt down that matched them weren't so cheap, however.LOL.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS