First Win!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blackshirt

blackshirt

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:54 AM

After losing my first four games I was finally triumphant on my fifth attempt. We had Harvey Walters, Joe Diamond, Darrel Simmons and Vincent Lee. The game started off very slowly with Vincent and Darrel travelling to different shops to buy items to equip the team. While Joe Diamond focused on gathering clues and sealing a gates. Harvey was on monster killing duty. We stuck to this strategy nearly the whole game. Eventually Darrel jumped in to help Joe close and seal some gates. Vincent following Harvey to make sure his stamina would never drop too low and Harvey himself always focused on cleaning up the streets of arkham from it's supernatural threat. The sleeping ancient one was Ithaqua. Joe and Darrell managed to seal almost all of the gates except a single gate still open on the Unnamable, with the doom tracker nearly full. Our main monster killer Harvey was forced into the streets after an unpleasant encounter in the woods. With only a single stamina remaining the cold winds of Ithaqua finished him off and Harvey went to St.Marys for a well deserved rest. Although most of the items he was using were lost. I can explain to you the despair we felt when Harvey lost all most of his spells and weapons. With the doom tracker so close and with little to no way to combat Ithaqua we thought we were done…..for good. Darrel still had a Elder Sign and made for the gate. Joe Diamond and Vincent Lee cleared the way and Darrel was able to travel to the sunken city of r'lyeh, survive, and use his elder sign to seal the gate ending the threat of Ithaqua for good! It was my first victory in the game and it was incredibly exciting I can't wait for more play time whether we win or lose this game is simply great!

#2 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

Congratulations!  It's truly about the journey, not the destination when it comes to AH!

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS