shub-niggurath's special

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 blackshirt

blackshirt

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:15 AM

So I am new to this game and will probably be asking many questions over the next few weeks so I hope people don't mind if I pick their brains a little bit. Well right now I am just curious if shub-niggurath's power that increases all monsters toughness by one will still affect the monster trophies that you gain. My group and I decided to allow it because if they were more difficult to kill there should be a greater rewards.

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,127 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:08 AM

Indeed, you and your group are playing the right way, trophies are worth +1 toughness when spent if Shub is the AO. Additionally, any Environment influencing the toughness of monsters, if active when you spend the trophy, influence the total toughness of the monster. For example, if The Chill of the Grave is in play when you spend some Undead monster trophies, they are all worth 1 extra toughness (even if the Environment was NOT in play when you collected the trophy)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 Wolfgar

Wolfgar

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

Shub-Nigurath can even make the game easier in a way, since you will can accrue more valuable monster trophies with far less effort.

#4 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

Blessings and Clue tokens for everyone!

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#5 Wolfgar

Wolfgar

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

Christmas in Arkham!

Don't look directly at Santa kids, your mind will break.

(Ia! Ia! The Fat Red Man of the North with a Thousand Elves!)

#6 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,127 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:30 AM

Ho Ho Ho Ho!

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#7 blackshirt

blackshirt

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:56 AM

Julia said:

Ho Ho Ho Ho!

I know this is changing the topic here but this picture, I just love haha. Does anyone have the Cthulhu Christmas calendar ios app? It does a count down for all of december with a christmas themed lovecraft picture. such as  

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS