Photo

10 cost Epic Spells and discounts … what's up with End Times?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CLSMerc

CLSMerc

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

DE won our little regional but it was End of Times ( or whatever its called ) where we saw huge power hit the battlefield ( 2 Bloodthirsters usually ) . and for a cost of 0 ? come on . that card is messed up .

Here's my question . Why not limit that to one per deck and take the ' discard pile ' discount out ? It's brutal mid game .

Is there affiliation concerns with what gets dropped into the battlefield ? A DE playing high cost Chaos units without affiliation worries is nasty .

Sigmar's Brilliance , Your Will is Mine show no signs of a discount .. why does End Times have one?

First seek victory ... then seek battle !

#2 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

CLSMerc said:

Sigmar's Brilliance , Your Will is Mine show no signs of a discount .. why does End Times have one?

Because Epic Spells were unplayable so FFG figured out they have to give option to somehow lower their printed cost.

Also: First Snotlig Invasion, now NEUTRAL epic spell, what next? :P

#3 slick

slick

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

Next will be pleasure cults because it stops end times units cafe

#4 CLSMerc

CLSMerc

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:28 AM

I don't see how 10 is unplayable as there are a few sneaky ways of gaining extra resources here and there … and to commit 10 to a single spell is one hell of a gamble IF you can acheive the 10 and decide to have the spell taking up a spot in your deck . If End Times gets a discount then they all should , but I dont see any evidence of the ' discard pile discount ' applying to all epic 10 cost spells available .

There are quite a few killers to End Times and units ( Brainbustaz , Flames of the Pheonix etc. ) but I just dont see why this particular 10 Epic Spell gets a discount . Why not all Epic 10 Spells get a discount of total power points across some faction specific unit like mages or something . OR the 10 cost can be halved to 5 if and only if you have a Legend in play and he's damaged ( or some crazy thing ) .. just spitballin.

#5 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:09 AM

If it is so OP why don't you play it yourself? Or if you don't want to play it and still want to beat it just play HE, Mage of Loec laughs at End Times. 

#6 CLSMerc

CLSMerc

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:50 AM

I am only complaining about the discount . 10 is a lot to commit to an Epic Spell and it should stay that way . I'm not saying the effect is extremely OP as all the Epic 10's have their merit .. it's the discount . If one Epic Spell 10 gets a discound based on something so should all the others .

#7 slick

slick

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

All the previous 10 epic spells were one sided towards the player. This affects both, so if both players were playing end times deck it would be funny to see the amount of units coming into play

#8 Juzam66

Juzam66

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:16 AM

There is a 80% discount Epic Spell and there is no problem with it :

http://deckbox.org/w...ummons of Chaos

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS