28 replies to this topic

#21 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

blackshirt said:

It helps a lot! Thank you for your prompt replies Julia! As time goes on I'm sure I will have more questions!

There is always someone to watch over the forum! So, feel free to ask about any doubts you might have!

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#22 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

we take turns…kind of like the Black Watch for the Forum…

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#23 kilrah

kilrah

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

There is at least one relationship that kinda allows for cooperative combat…

#24 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

kilrah said:

There is at least one relationship that kinda allows for cooperative combat…

Nope, there isn't any, sorry.

Some relationship cards allow you to gain bonuses if your partner is in the same area / neighborhood, but nothing saying you can fight together with your partner, using 4 hands, all the weapons of the two and combining skills (and I believe this was the original question). Hunters allows you to lower the toughness of one monster by one point (to a minimum of one), Skullcrackers gives you a +1 Combat, and finally Friendly rivals grants you another +1 in Combat if you have less trophies than your pal has.

There are some spells allowing some sort of interaction (Plague of locusts comes to mind, but probably there are other spells as well), but again, nothing really done to tag team a monster. Plus, the original question came from a person playing only with the core game, so needless to say, talking about expansions only adds confusion instead of helping him.

Additionally, please (don't take this as personal, nor rude, I'm not writing this with this intent), whenever answering a specific question, if you are not sure of the answer, start the sentence with "I believe that / I think that", or check the rules, check the FAQ, check www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com and add references to cards, rules, and so on, otherwise the risk is to create a huge confusion, not only in the original poster's mind (who hopefully will come and check the thread he asked info in more than once) but also in the mind of those who might pass and read and have a distorted image of the game

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#25 Wolfgar

Wolfgar

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:54 AM

Closest I have seen to team combat is one player summoning a monster to their location, evading it, and then having the second player in their location kill it.

#26 blackshirt

blackshirt

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:56 AM

Wolfgar said:

Closest I have seen to team combat is one player summoning a monster to their location, evading it, and then having the second player in their location kill it.

That's a clever little trick! Thanks for that! Seems like the best/only way to team up!

#27 Manishtusu

Manishtusu

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

Monster-moving spells can be very useful! Once I managed to pull a cultist from Devil's Reef (Innsmouth location, monsters appearing there are trouble) right on top of George, the lawyer, who managed to pass his personal story (to kill a cultist) because of that. The relationship card Kilrah mentioned (hunters) is not directly team-tagging, although you need to be in the same neighbourhood to get a powerful bonus (-1 toughness on a single monster for one of you). That's as far as co-op combat goes in Arkham. Then there's the final combat. ;-)

#28 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,582 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

The relationship Kilrah might have been thinking about is Hunters. If two investigators are in the same neighborhood, one of them can exhaust the card to reduce the monster's toughness by 1. That's pretty cooperative, if you ask me!

#29 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

The Relationship cards run hot and cold…Hunters, nicely done, while others…not so much.

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS