Valley of Fire and Crown of Comand

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 The Hunter

The Hunter

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

I'm sure some have raised this question but I just like some clarity.

You land on the Valley of Fire with a Talisman, do you automatically land of the Crown of Command (like you do on Prologue) or wait until your next turn to land on the CoC (as implied by the FAQs pdf document)?

When you land on the CoC, do you instantly cast the Command Spell for your curent turn, or wait until your next turn?

#2 The Hunter

The Hunter

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:13 AM

Sorry, thought I'd posted this in the Rules section.

Any mods who can move this thread to the Rules section, feel free to do so.

#3 Tiggurix

Tiggurix

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

You must use one turn to move from the Valley of Fire onto the Crown of Command and then you must wait until your next turn to begin casting the Command Spell. That's how my group's always done it, at least.

#4 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

On the turn that you move onto the Crown of Command, you cast the Command Spell; you do not wait until the next turn!

Ell.

#5 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

Tiggurix said:

You must use one turn to move from the Valley of Fire onto the Crown of Command and then you must wait until your next turn to begin casting the Command Spell. That's how my group's always done it, at least.

Then if a character is on the Crown of Command and a second character moves from Valley of Fire to Crown of Command, then the 2nd character has to wait one turn before attacking the first one? Do you really play like this, when you did it another way over the entire game?

When you land on a space you follow instructions for that space. Instructions for the Crown of Command are detailed on page 20 of the basic Rulebook and nowhere is said that you have to wait one turn before casting the Command Spell. On the contrary, it is said that a character who is alone on the Crown during his turn (not at the start of his turn) must cast the Command Spell.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS