H.T.C. Minotaurs?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Magus Black

Magus Black

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

After about an hour of running around and finding the Internet to be about as useful a Tau in close-combatatontado I finally settled on simply asking the forum myself.

I  noticed that the Minotaurs Successor Chapter has 3 +5 bonuses but I have yet to find any  Chapter that actually has 3 bonuses. Is this legal, or is it need of an errata? 

If it is legal then why is it not an option for creating Chapters? (I understand this may be a question of opinion but still, interested to hear others thoughts). 

Would  you, should you count this as legal, allow a Chapter to be created with 3 bonuses Characteristics modifiers if they were penalized appropriately (lots of Enemies and/or useless Zygotes)?

#2 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

I would recommend against it. Two +5 bonuses seems about right for a Chapter and while FFG did make an exception for the Minotaurs I think that it's not an example to be followed. Considering that the Kill-Team won't necessarily do alot of diplomacy and there will be other Marines present who can handle that, I would think that three +5 bonuses might actually become overpowering even with social drawbacks. 

#3 Magus Black

Magus Black

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

I thought the same as well but still its very strange that the sidebar says they're made with the same rules only for them to be 'exceptions of the rule'. Its fairly bizzare that they made 'just that chapter' and no others like it despite neither being a truly custom-built regiment nor being really a Seccessor Chapter (unless they're from one of the Lost Chapters).

I wonder why the did it without explaination, unless this is something they do commonly?pensativo

#4 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

If you are allowed to make up a Chapter with 3 +5 bonuses, why would anyone not do so? Even if you really like an established Chapter, it would be hard to resist the temptation to say "These guys are a Successor Chapter of _" and make everything else the same except the extra bonus. I think the Minotaurs' extra bonus should be regarded as a fluke, like the Imperial Fists' having one +10 instead of two +5s…

#5 vehzeel

vehzeel

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

Aren't they Rival/Enemy of basically every other imperial faction? No one likes the Space Marine internal affairs officers :) Three +5 stats is shyte compared to the drawbacks, IMO.

#6 Decessor

Decessor

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:45 PM

I'm with vehzeel on this one. No Minotaur should have an easy time getting along with others, since just about everyone they encounter hates them or is hated by them. I played a Minotaur assault marine Champion in a high level game and he was barely tolerated by the Deathwatch. If a Minotaur is winning over people left right and centre, it's not adhering to the Chapter's demeanour.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS