Kasabilica Noble

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cymbel

Cymbel

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

I don't quite understand them or how to ideally play them, can anyone offer their advice or experience playing them?

#2 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

They are basically the Mafia of the Calixis Sector, so I would play to those sterotypes (minus the 'Joisey' accents, of course): feuding criminal families dominated by arrogant patriarchs who demand loyalty above all else (even though they don't hesitate to throw other people under the bus); scheming underlings eager to advance in rank but terrified of incurring the wrath of their superiors; a great emphasis played on arcane traditions but, when tradition becomes inconvienient, it gets chucked out the window in a heartbeat, etc…

#3 Cymbel

Cymbel

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

Thanks! What about the "noble" aspect and how does this apply being an acolyte?

#4 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

Cymbel said:

Thanks! What about the "noble" aspect and how does this apply being an acolyte?

I could be wrong (I don't have Book of Judgement handy), but it was my impression that noble titles within the Kasballica (sp?) were more indicators of rank within the organization (possibly hereditary but not necessarily) rather than true peerage/royal bloodline…? In which case, a PC 'noble' would basically be a mid-rank member, able to boss around lower-ranking members but expected to do the bidding of higher ranking members. Rather like being a 'made man' within the Mob.

#5 Cymbel

Cymbel

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

Would the PC with this BG be out of the Kasballica (I mispelled it earlier) or still in it in your mind? A friend said it is  more a mob man trying to blend in to high society and being cast out for bringing too much attention to them. I wish there was more info about them. I would write FFG, but it isn't really a rules question

#6 Saldre

Saldre

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:21 AM

I've had my players run into these on a number of occasions- and like Adeptus B has said, have run the Noble Aspect of it as a title- with Barons being local gang leaders, and indicating the presence of Princes at the top. 

As a noble, The player would be a "known player' or at least a 'player in the know'- much like Redemptionist PCs, the PC is simply a member of another Organisation that your going to have to detail to a local level at least. But this should be part of his Origins story- whether he's retired or not should be left up to him and the scope of the game, not to mention the nature of the Inquisitor which he's hiring. After all, not all Inquisitors would be willing to hire a Criminal or an Ex-criminal. 

So generally speaking, the PC would be an "Employee' Of the Inquisitor, which either owes something (is still part of, so has to either pay TIthe, manage employees, complete side-missions and work), has quit, or is on the run from Kasabilica.

There's quite a bit to work with, depending on which direction either you, or your player want to take this from. Generally, build it up from the 'Belonging to a cult' guidelines in the Inquisitors Handbook.  

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS