Ithaqua Awakens

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Esto

Esto

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

If Ithaqua awakens because the Doom Track is full, do any Investigators still on the street suffer his "stirs in his slumber" effect (i.e. the loss of 1 stamina) which occurs at the "end of the Mythos Phase"?

#2 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:13 AM

I've taken final combats to be some place that is neither Arkham nor the Other Worlds, and is neither a Street nor a Location. So any effects that would operate on those (Claustrophobia) would not operate in final combat.

However, I consider all investigators to be in the same "location," so the Paranoia card still takes effect.

#3 Esto

Esto

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:11 AM

Tibs said:

I've taken final combats to be some place that is neither Arkham nor the Other Worlds, and is neither a Street nor a Location. So any effects that would operate on those (Claustrophobia) would not operate in final combat.

However, I consider all investigators to be in the same "location," so the Paranoia card still takes effect.

I was wondering if the "stirs in his slumber" effect would occur prior to Final Battle because one investigator was out on the street when the doom track filled up from a Mythos card immediately awakening Ithaqua?

#4 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:43 AM

The effect triggers at the end of the Mythos phase. When an AO awakens, the Mythos phase doesn't get a chance to conclude. So, Icy Winds would not apply.

#5 Wolfgar

Wolfgar

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

Yeah, I believe that "stirring in his/her slumber" effects would normally apply during the Ancient One Awakening, but the Final Battle doesn't take place in a true location and supersedes normal turn order so sometimes some effects get disrupted.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS