Characters on AH boxes.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Manishtusu

Manishtusu

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

I've always been wondering, have you been able to identify them all? Some certainly resemble well-known characters, but others… well, not so much. For example, the guy with the tommy gun on the base game's cover must be Michael, even though his other portrayals seem to be different. I also find it ironic how the very first monster (a dhole) is also the last one (on MH).

Another thing I just noticed: on all the big boxes, 2 out of 3 characters are doing something (casting spells, shooting tentacles), except for the Innsmouth expansion, where they all just panic. Pretty sure that's intended! :-D

#2 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

If they're following the rules on Spells, as written, I would panic too.

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#3 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,235 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:59 AM

Is it me, or the guy with the white mustache on the Kingsport Horror cover looks very similar to Stan Lee?

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#4 Wolfgar

Wolfgar

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

I was gonna say this. It's Stan Lee alright.

#5 subochre

subochre

• Members
  • 474 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

Man, that guy's cameos are just making less and less sense

#6 Wolfgar

Wolfgar

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

I'm pretty sure he's entered into some kind of dark pact for immortality, so it's entirely appropriate.

#7 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,235 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

subochre said:

Man, that guy's cameos are just making less and less sense

:laughter: probably you're right! But still, he's the only reason I keep watching Marvel movies…

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS