Divine Shot + Missile Launcher

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Flail-Bot

Flail-Bot

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

Build a psyker as normal. At rank 4, grab Divine Shot. At this point, you should have the cash to get a missile launch and some missiles.

Shoot tough enemies with krak missile flawlessly. Shoot groups of enemies with frag missiles flawlessly. Be this cool: http://i.imgur.com/g1CB9L8.jpg

I thoroughly enjoy the idea of rocketing guy in the face from 800 meters. I imagine just sort of pointing the launcher into the air, completely at random, and firing. A trail of comically whirling gray, puffy smoke follows the missile as it follows a completely non-ballistic trajectory before striking the target with unerring precision.

Now, someone might point out, "but FlailBot, psykers don't get Heavy Weapon Training (Launchers)" and I'd appreciate their excellent capitalization and then say, "Yes, but Divine Shot is total bollocks and that's irrelevant."

Comments? Criticism? You'll find Divine Shot on page 171 of the Core rulebook.

#2 InquisitorAlexel

InquisitorAlexel

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

If a person like uninteresting concept, that's good. Psykers can already do better (and less ridiculous) things with their powers…

#3 Phi6891

Phi6891

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

Hey if your GM allows it great for you, but I feel that no one is going to like it in the group, but that is my opinion based off how my group would feel about it. I believe someone e-mailed the FFG and asked stuff about Divine Shot and that the power was suppose to work with a personal weapon of the character pistol or basic weapon or something and it's not suppose to be used with a rocket launcher per se though.

I think it's over kill but it's all based off of your groups dynamic and game play, if you don't use it ever single second of the game it shouldn't be too bad then, but if thats all you use all the time then good luck. I think someone is going to say somethin if the psyker is always carrying around a rocket launcher everywhere he goes.

#4 Angel of Death

Angel of Death

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

Flail-Bot said:

I have to say, I will be stealing that picture for a game NPC…

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS