Upcoming Sets - What We Know (file)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

I'm curious why people think that Dash Rendar is not in a challenge deck.  As far as I can tell, there's nothing to indicate one way or the other from what we've seen.

It's a soft reason, but all of the confirmed Challenge Deck cards we've seen have been Navy or Rebel. Certainly they could be mixed faction decks, but it's at least a starting point for the assumption that the other cards are from the normal objective sets.

#22 doctormungmung

doctormungmung

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

Solid logic.  I can buy that.  Now I'd like to know your reasoning as to why you think Obiwan is not a challenge deck card. :)

#23 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

Solid logic.  I can buy that.  Now I'd like to know your reasoning as to why you think Obiwan is not a challenge deck card. :)

He's Jedi not Rebel like the rest of the Luke challenge deck.

#24 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

Same reasoning (he's a Jedi card, the LS challenge deck cards we've seen are Rebel). Plus, when I zoom in on the picture it looks like a regular set number instead of "L01"

#25 bobafett012

bobafett012

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

I think some of those cards you have listed in the limited sets are possibly part of the challenge decks.

Which ones do you think might be part of the challenge decks?  It looks good to me.

a price on their heads for 6 cost and 4 force icons seems really out there for standard play to me.  and the obi wan, i can't make out his number.  those were the only 2 cards i'm not %100 sold on.

also, what makes everyone think that the challenge decks will be of a single affiliation?  do we have any confirmation of this, or is this just speculation?

#26 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

The single affiliation challenge deck theory is extrapolated from the fact that all of the cards that we definitely know are in a challenge deck are from that respective affiliation. So not officially confirmed, but a little more than pure speculation.

#27 The Gas

The Gas

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

^Including ones that seem very much like they should belong to different affiliations if challenge decks aren't ignoring that issue, such as The Force Is Strong.

#28 Crouton

Crouton

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

Yeah, it's just my take. I think that all the challenge decks are made up of Rebel and Navy, so I figure that everything else is fair game. But that could be a wrong assumption.

I admit that the Scum card seems high, but it looks like you might capture at least 2 characters, with the possibility of some other ability too, for the cost of Captured x2. Seems like it could be a possibility.

#29 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

I admit that the Scum card seems high, but it looks like you might capture at least 2 characters, with the possibility of some other ability too, for the cost of Captured x2. Seems like it could be a possibility.

It definitely says "Target up to 2 units" and "different Light Side player."  I have a suspicion this will be one of the cards that's just edge fodder in 1v1 but fairly useful in 2v2.

#30 Embermore

Embermore

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:13 AM

It would be great if we knew when we are getting the next set of force packs.

So far we have had very little information after the last Hoth cycle pack and it seems like a looong time between FP6 and balance of the force.

Hmmm

#31 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

FP 6 is September. BotF is October. That is not a long time at all.

#32 Rob Martin

Rob Martin

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

I've been out of it for a while.  I'll be updating shortly.

#33 Rob Martin

Rob Martin

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

Updated.

• hundreds likes this

#34 Rob Martin

Rob Martin

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

Updated with H&L as well as Hero's Resolve.  I need the info from the Team Covenant video if anyone has that.

#35 hundreds

hundreds

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

Sorry if this has been asked, but, how did you find out about Jerec?

#36 hundreds

hundreds

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

Updated with H&L as well as Hero's Resolve.  I need the info from the Team Covenant video if anyone has that.

They spoiled 3 cards: Endless Reserves Objective card - oset 68.

There was a Neutral Event called Vast Resources - oset 68.

There was a Scum Vehicle unit, Kihraxz-class Assault Fighter - oset 67.

#37 Rob Martin

Rob Martin

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

On the Heroes and Legends product page, they specifically mention him:

...Will Imperial Inquisitor Jerec be able to use the chaos of the dark side against the last of the Jedi? Or can the heroes and legends of the light side successfully withstand him?...

• hundreds likes this

#38 AntaresCD

AntaresCD

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

Kyle Katarn is present twice in the Heroes and Legends objective set according to the announcement article (that will will the hole you have in that objective set).

They also updated the announcement article with new card links, giving us more information:

And finally, the last force pack of the Hoth cycle is spoiled here: http://boardgamegeek...s-pics-included

Edit: Forgot to add, thank you for compiling this and bringing the sheet back up to date!

Edited by AntaresCD, 18 September 2013 - 01:18 PM.

My code doesn't have bugs, it has undocumented features!

#39 Rob Martin

Rob Martin

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

Thank you.  I have added your updates; Escape from Hoth was updated this morning.

#40 Rob Martin

Rob Martin

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

I'm still keeping this updated. Have I missed anything?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS