Any SE Michigan games?

• Please log in to reply
1610 replies to this topic

#1601 mlbrogueone

mlbrogueone

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:24 PM

i'm thinking about entering into nationals at GenCon this year...if for nothing else to get the participation card.  Sacrificing what equates to an entire day at GenCon is tough for me, but i may just do it.  Even if i go 0-8 (or however many rounds there are), at least i'll have played X-Wing...against good players no less!

I would recommend going to a National tourney if you can.  A bunch of us went to Canadian Nationals and it was worth it just for the exclusive card and the chance to play some games against stronger opponents.  The fact that US Nationals is at Gencon makes it even better in that you could pickup early releases of stuff.  You should totally do it!  I know missing a day of "shopping" at Gencon is a bummer, but if you get knocked out early you can go back to shopping, if you're winning then you'll walk away with some good prizes.

Edited by mlbrogueone, 28 January 2015 - 01:28 PM.

#1602 Khyros

Khyros

Advocate of A & E Wings Everywhere

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:53 PM

I just realized that while I've compiled a full list of SCs in the FB group, I never cross posted it here.  So, direct copy/paste from there:

1/17 Big Kidz Games
-Winner: Joe Groves
---Chiraneau with VI, Engine, Jerjerrod, Isard
---Whisper with VI, ACD, FCS, Rebel Captive

1/31 Flat Land Games, 2pm (registration?), $5 entry, unknown reserve, FB event (https://www.facebook.com/events/877328558964030), should be unlimited capacity

2/07 AFK Games, 11am, $5 entry, reserve in store only, 22 capacity

2/15 Shenanigans Hobby and Game Center, 12pm registration, 12:30 start, $10 entry, Reserve on the FB Event (https://www.facebook.com/events/632802236843097/), ~20 Max Capacity

2/21 Eternal Games, 12pm start, $10 entry, unknown reserve, FB event (https://www.facebook.com/events/396522827190571/), 32+ capacity

2/22 Odyssey Games, 1pm start, $10 entry, unknown reserve, FB event (https://www.facebook.com/events/1524079417857300/), 19 player capacity

2/28 Gamer's Gauntlet, 12pm registration, 1pm start, $10, unknown reserve, FB event (https://www.facebook.com/events/780336365376049/), 32+ capacity

3/21 Fun 4 All Comics & Games

Some time in Feb Fanfare - trying not to schedule on the same day as another store (2/14 is the only Saturday still open, but it's probably open for a reason)

Evolution Games - Targeting late Feb

-----------------------------------
A few places in our southern neighbor Ohio

1/31 Checkmate Games, 12pm start, $10 entry, unknown reserve, 32 capacity

2/28 Toledo Game Room, 10am registration, 11am start, $8 entry, Call store to reserve, 32 player capacity

Edited by Khyros, 28 January 2015 - 01:53 PM.

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#1603 Johdo

Johdo

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:09 PM

i'm thinking about entering into nationals at GenCon this year...if for nothing else to get the participation card.  Sacrificing what equates to an entire day at GenCon is tough for me, but i may just do it.  Even if i go 0-8 (or however many rounds there are), at least i'll have played X-Wing...against good players no less!

I would recommend going to a National tourney if you can.  A bunch of us went to Canadian Nationals and it was worth it just for the exclusive card and the chance to play some games against stronger opponents.  The fact that US Nationals is at Gencon makes it even better in that you could pickup early releases of stuff.  You should totally do it!  I know missing a day of "shopping" at Gencon is a bummer, but if you get knocked out early you can go back to shopping, if you're winning then you'll walk away with some good prizes.

This year will be my 11th year at GenCon, so i'm no stranger to being there.  I am, however, a sucker for alternative art cards...

My Current Fleet...

Spoiler

For a list of SE MI games = http://community.fan...games/?p=795971

#1604 Khyros

Khyros

Advocate of A & E Wings Everywhere

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:13 PM

Anyone else planning to show up to RIW tonight?

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#1605 zefig

zefig

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:15 PM

Been a while since I've played, but I'll be there with my stuff and I'd be up for a game or two unless pathfinder needs me.

#1606 ViscerothSWG

ViscerothSWG

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:45 PM

I'm planning to be there.

#1607 Lifer4700

Lifer4700

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:43 PM

Hello all,

I apologize in advance for not reading through all 80+ pages of this thread!

Does anyone here play at Eternal Games or Gamers Gauntlet?

#1608 Hawkstrike

Hawkstrike

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:44 PM

I've played at Eternal a few times -- nice places and good folks.  I won't be back for a few weeks due to work commitments, though.

#1609 skins1924

skins1924

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:30 PM

I play there when I am at my in-laws. I'll be at the flatland store championship tomorrow.
Imperials: 2 ties, tie advanced, fire spray, interceptors, aces, phantom, defender, decimator
Rebels: x-wing, y-wing, a-wing, yt1300, hwk, b-wing, z-95, e-wing, aces

#1610 Shimmy

Shimmy

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:23 PM

Hello all,

Lots here play at gg and eternal. Eternal has regular tourneys every friday and gg has casual play every tuesday. Eternal is probably is the best place if your looking for some tournament style games. They had 12 there tonight.

#1611 mlbrogueone

mlbrogueone

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted Today, 06:53 AM

Hello all,

Lots here play at gg and eternal. Eternal has regular tourneys every friday and gg has casual play every tuesday. Eternal is probably is the best place if your looking for some tournament style games. They had 12 there tonight.

I go to Eternal maybe once or twice a month.  They have a pretty good crowd of between 6-12 who show up on Friday nights between 6:30-7 PM.  Eternal also does tournaments with larger prizes once or twice a month on Saturdays around noon or 1PM if Friday is dedicated exclusively to date night.

Gamer's Gauntlet I've heard has a decent group too, and there is some co-mingling of players between the two stores.

RIW also has a Thursday group, and there are some super knowledgeable players over there if the south side is closer to where you are.  The first post in this thread has a good summary of where in the greater Detroit area you can find games.

Edited by mlbrogueone, Today, 06:54 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS