#1542 skins1924

skins1924

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:56 PM

12:00 at eternal in warren
2:00 at flat land in wixom

Both tourneys are 120point Saturday, November 29th
Imperials: 2 ties, tie advanced, fire spray, interceptors, aces, phantom, defender, decimator
Rebels: x-wing, y-wing, a-wing, yt1300, hwk, b-wing, z-95, e-wing, aces

#1543 Khyros

Khyros

Advocate of A & E Wings Everywhere

• Members
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:18 PM

Who's going to what tourney?  I'm thinking I might stop by the Flat Land Games tourney.  Though I think I would prefer to make the Eternal Games one, but I doubt I'll be able to make noon.

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#1544 skins1924

skins1924

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:29 PM

I'll be at eternal. It's a little close to my inlaws. I looked at the Facebook page for the eternal and it said 10 people are going.
Imperials: 2 ties, tie advanced, fire spray, interceptors, aces, phantom, defender, decimator

#1545 Khyros

Khyros

• Members
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:26 PM

Fun games out at flat land games today.  Thanks to all 6 people that showed up.

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#1546 skins1924

skins1924

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:23 PM

Eternal was great too. I think we had 13. Maybe next time I'm in the area I can head out to flatland.

#1547 Khyros

Khyros

• Members
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:26 AM

Is Eternal running any tourney on Friday this week?

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#1548 ElTomo

ElTomo

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:50 PM

Is Eternal running any tourney on Friday this week?

Eternal runs $5 buy ins for store credit every Friday night. Number of people ranges anywhere from 4 to 10 for these regular nights.
Black Sun Radio

#1549 Khyros

Khyros

• Members
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:20 AM

Unless something happens that I'm not expecting, I'm planning on being at RIW tomorrow evening starting at like 5.  Anyone else planning to show up?

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#1550 phild0

phild0

• Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:55 PM

Don't forget 100pt tourney at Fun4all tomorrow! Prize is Winter kit. Looks like no cost to buy in, but if you need a new ship might as well use that $5-$10 you saved for some goodies.

#1551 mlbrogueone

mlbrogueone

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:22 AM

Just an FYI, I'll be meeting some people at Eternal Games on Wed. at about 6:30 PM to help them learn the game.

If anybody wants to swing by for a few games feel free.

#1552 Khyros

Khyros

• Members
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:19 PM

Hey guys, so I was just talking to some of my X wing buddies from the PA area, and they mentioned how they had a blast running their team event the other day.  (Link: http://teamcovenant....er-cup-results/) And that got me thinking - we should totally do something similar.  It seems like a good way to make epic play relevant in a tourney, without making it a full 12 hour day.  

For those that don't want to read the article, it basically goes like this:

Each team consists of the same number of players.  There are 2 regular rounds and 1 epic round in the tourney, and each player has a different list for all three rounds.  Each team is randomly assigned a draft position.  When your team picks from the draft, you select a list from your team to play against a list from another team (note, since a team cannot play themselves, there will be some restrictions as the draft continues to make sure everyone plays someone from a different team).  After all match ups are determined, the players reveal who controls what list, and they play their opponent like normal.  However, instead of getting 5 points for a personal victory, your team is awarded the points.  As such, it can be more beneficial to play two good match ups, and give your 3rd team member a match up that's highly unfavored, knowing that he's likely to lose that one (but you'll win the other two).  At the end of the round, a new draft process is started to choose what list plays what list.  And then the day concludes with the epic game, with the same draft rules.  Note that the draft would be constructed such that everyone has an overall fair experience.  For example, if there are three teams, each team would draft at all 3 places.  If there were 9 teams, a team might draft 1 5 9 and another 2 4 7 or something, such that it is as even as possible.

As for teams, we could break them up by region - East/West/North/South, or by Store, but personally, I would think it might be best if it was done by friends.  Anyone else think this is a cool idea?

• Johdo likes this

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#1553 Johdo

Johdo

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:55 PM

I do...now i just need to find some free time to participate.

My Current Fleet...

Spoiler

For a list of SE MI games = http://community.fan...games/?p=795971

#1554 phild0

phild0

• Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:11 AM

Thanks for bringing up the idea, Khyros. That sounds like fun to me. I am actually so interested that my brain is jumping to "how do we accomplish this". I think next steps could be, pick two possible days, see who could be available, probably make a new "SE MI *insert name of event*" thread to follow the event, then we can find some way to decide teams (random, draft, pick your team, location), and of course, find the best location to host the event.

#1555 Shimmy

Shimmy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:18 PM

Handful of us meeting up at eternal for $5 buy in for store credit. Everyone welcome.

O yeah, tonight. Start time 7.

Edited by Shimmy, 19 December 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#1556 mlbrogueone

mlbrogueone

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:06 AM

Hey guys, so I was just talking to some of my X wing buddies from the PA area, and they mentioned how they had a blast running their team event the other day.  (Link: http://teamcovenant....er-cup-results/) And that got me thinking - we should totally do something similar.  It seems like a good way to make epic play relevant in a tourney, without making it a full 12 hour day.  

For those that don't want to read the article, it basically goes like this:

Each team consists of the same number of players.  There are 2 regular rounds and 1 epic round in the tourney, and each player has a different list for all three rounds.  Each team is randomly assigned a draft position.  When your team picks from the draft, you select a list from your team to play against a list from another team (note, since a team cannot play themselves, there will be some restrictions as the draft continues to make sure everyone plays someone from a different team).  After all match ups are determined, the players reveal who controls what list, and they play their opponent like normal.  However, instead of getting 5 points for a personal victory, your team is awarded the points.  As such, it can be more beneficial to play two good match ups, and give your 3rd team member a match up that's highly unfavored, knowing that he's likely to lose that one (but you'll win the other two).  At the end of the round, a new draft process is started to choose what list plays what list.  And then the day concludes with the epic game, with the same draft rules.  Note that the draft would be constructed such that everyone has an overall fair experience.  For example, if there are three teams, each team would draft at all 3 places.  If there were 9 teams, a team might draft 1 5 9 and another 2 4 7 or something, such that it is as even as possible.

As for teams, we could break them up by region - East/West/North/South, or by Store, but personally, I would think it might be best if it was done by friends.  Anyone else think this is a cool idea?

I'd probably join up if it could be scheduled.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS