Any SE Michigan games?

• Please log in to reply
1390 replies to this topic

#1381 tigayo

tigayo

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:54 AM

There is a possibility that Cody and I will be taking a drive out to Zeeland, MI for a Saturday tournament on September 6th as they are doing a season 2 OP kit, just curious if anyone here wanted to tag along for a day of Xwing

1 Falcon, 2 B-Wings, 4 X-Wings, 2 E-Wings, 1 Z-95, 1 A-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 HWK-290, 1 CR-90 Corvette, 1 GR-75

#1382 Imperial Captain Cody

Imperial Captain Cody

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:05 AM

Hey dudes, I finally got around to making an account for the forums (this is Cody). 

If anyone would mind getting me up to speed, are there any casual meet ups or anything going on next week? 

#1383 Core101x

Core101x

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

An update to my previous post. Get Your Game On is hosting Xwing league nights on Tuesday nights starting on September 2nd.

#1384 tigayo

tigayo

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:44 PM

An update to my previous post. Get Your Game On is hosting Xwing league nights on Tuesday nights starting on September 2nd.

Please give me more details as I am interested in this...

1 Falcon, 2 B-Wings, 4 X-Wings, 2 E-Wings, 1 Z-95, 1 A-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 HWK-290, 1 CR-90 Corvette, 1 GR-75

#1385 Basementcuts

Basementcuts

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:28 AM

All I had heard before the tournament was that they were "using a summer tournament kit." I never felt the need to clarify any further than that. I'm slightly miffed about how it turned out but I'm not bent out of shape about it or anything.

I think you got hosed. The op kits come with like ten cards, plus promo cards, medals and tokens for winners, boxes for cards,mall that.

Yup... there are the 17 generic cards to make sure everyone walks away with something.  (17 generic by the standard rules should be top 16, and 1 for the TO, 2 named alt art for #1 and #2, 2 sets of acrylics for #1 and #2, and recently they've added card boxes for #1 and #2, and a medal for #1) And while the OP kits don't specifically call out how to distribute the prizes, all other kits (SC, Reg, Nats, Worlds, AIA) clearly state that basically 1st gets 1 of everything, 2nd gets 1 of everything remaining, 3rd gets 1 of everything remaining... on down.  
You never give up your acrylic evade tokens in order to receive acrylic dice.  So it bugs me when stores make you choose (especially without announcing in advanced... if they say so in advanced (and I don't mean 5minutes before after you've shown up and paid your $$) then no one has a real right to complain) do you want the card box, the tokens, or the alt art... I want them all, and when I win everything, I want to get everything 1st place deserves.  

And yeah, I might just have that opinion because I place more often than not at local events, but even when I don't, it's $5 to play an afternoon of X wing... I'm still a winner!  But I feel like when the prizes are broken up, there's no real incentive to win (besides to win for fun) since I'm going to be getting 2 stress tokens if I win or lose, so whatever.

I don't disagree with you. Now that Eternal has a few tourney's under their belt and a decent community built I'm sure they will be able to better outline for players how the in store credit for ships will go based on attendance. Just growing pains I'm sure.

#1386 phild0

phild0

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:44 AM

Ill be at Eternal tonight? Should I expect to see anyone else???
  • Johdo likes this

#1387 mlbrogueone

mlbrogueone

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

Ill be at Eternal tonight? Should I expect to see anyone else???

Not I, I'm on my way to Toronto

#1388 Basementcuts

Basementcuts

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:32 AM

Not me. I really can't do Friday's.

#1389 gminor7

gminor7

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

Yeah fridays are out for me too.  

#1390 Imperial Captain Cody

Imperial Captain Cody

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:14 PM

There's a tournament at eternal this coming Friday correct? 

#1391 skins1924

skins1924

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:07 PM

Friday the 5th?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS