Any SE Michigan games?

• Please log in to reply
1442 replies to this topic

#961 MrHello

MrHello

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:51 PM

Anyone going to Imdaar Alpha at Gamer's Sanctuary in Flint MI?

I'd like to go to this one, but I don't know what day it is on, Fri, Sat, or Sunday. If they do Friday, I'm for sure there.

Yeah, if it was Friday, I'd be in as well.  I think I'm likely sticking with my current schedule, so if it's Saturday or Sunday, I'm definitely out.

Edited by MrHello, 14 May 2014 - 12:52 PM.

#962 a4rino

a4rino

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:59 AM

I know lots of people will be at Regionals this weekend, but for anyone who isn't:

Does anyone want to get some games in at RIW this Sunday afternoon?

#963 dpbohr

dpbohr

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:23 AM

A4rino, I wouldn't mind getting some time in on Sunday to Play.  Just let me know what time at RIW.

As for tonight, who is going to be there....and when...I don't know what time I will be there tonight (probably closer to 7pm tonight)...but if people are leaving before I get there...don't want to waste the gas.  Let me know.

• a4rino likes this

#964 Khyros

Khyros

Advocate of A & E Wings Everywhere

• Members
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:36 AM

A4rino, I wouldn't mind getting some time in on Sunday to Play.  Just let me know what time at RIW.

As for tonight, who is going to be there....and when...I don't know what time I will be there tonight (probably closer to 7pm tonight)...but if people are leaving before I get there...don't want to waste the gas.  Let me know.

I'm probably going to be there like 5:30-9... I need to leave abit early so I can pack up for Regionals.  I know Johdo said he'd be there like 5, so I'll try to show up a bit early to squeeze in another game.  No clue when he's planning on leaving, but I'd be down playing at least one game with you before I leave for the night.

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#965 Johdo

Johdo

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:44 AM

Im going to get there between 5 and 5:30. I need to quit playing @ 9.

My Current Fleet...

Spoiler

For a list of SE MI games = http://community.fan...games/?p=795971

#966 a4rino

a4rino

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:58 AM

I was thinking 2pm on Sunday if that works for you.

#967 dpbohr

dpbohr

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

A4rino, that can work for me.  

Khyros and Johndo...see you tonight

• Johdo and Khyros like this

#968 MrHello

MrHello

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

Looks like I'm going to miss tonight.  Have fun, and hopefully I'll see you next week.

#969 dpbohr

dpbohr

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

Guys,

Had fun tonight!  Good luck this weekend on the regionals!

Talk to you later

• Johdo and Khyros like this

#970 Johdo

Johdo

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:53 AM

Guys,

Talk to you later

Thanks...i think i'm gonna need it!

My Current Fleet...

Spoiler

#971 Khyros

Khyros

• Members
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:43 AM

Guys,

Talk to you later

Thanks...i think i'm gonna need it!

Booommmmmbbbeerrrs.... BOOOOOMMMMMBBBBBBEEEEERRRSSSSSS (x5)!!! </eerie ghost voice>

• Johdo likes this

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#972 a4rino

a4rino

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:18 AM

I have a question about RIW for Sunday.

I've only ever been to RIW for a scheduled event (tourney or Thursday game night), so I always go into the room with the sign on it that says it's for scheduled events.

On Sunday we won't be a scheduled event. Where's the room for that?

#973 Johdo

Johdo

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:19 AM

More than likely the same room.  Unless there is an actual event going on, in which case you'll be next door in the other play area.

• a4rino likes this

My Current Fleet...

Spoiler

#974 DesignerNinja

DesignerNinja

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:11 AM

Is anyone up for some games at Eternal Monday night this week? 

#975 Basementcuts

Basementcuts

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:15 AM

I will be at eternal Monday.

#976 DesignerNinja

DesignerNinja

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:49 AM

Awesome, I have a new list I'm excited to try out.

#977 a4rino

a4rino

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

dpbohr: Just checking to make sure we're still on for today at 2pm!

Khyros: Where is our Regionals report?

Edited by a4rino, 18 May 2014 - 10:47 AM.

#978 a4rino

a4rino

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:07 PM

dpbohr: Just checking to make sure we're still on for today at 2pm!

Well hopefully we are still on because I'm here at RIW now!

EDIT: Good games today, dpbohr!

Edited by a4rino, 18 May 2014 - 04:59 PM.

#979 Khyros

Khyros

• Members
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

I just got home, so I can't do a full report now, but 1st round I used my second and final store bye for... 2nd round was against phildo, which was kinda annoying that I drove 4 hrs to play against someone I play locally.  When time was called, he had the win, but it was still open as far as who should win (though in the detailed report, i'll explain why it shouldn't have been).  3rd round I played against a complete noob that had no clue wtf he was doing... but that didn't seem to matter since i couldn't roll to save my life... Literally... To reiterate how bad this guy is... he was the first and only win that Toresse's girlfriend has had now in the past two weeks of playing, and she's doesn't really like the game and has only played in the two regionals.  But again, doesn't matter if dice are cold.

4th round my dice continued to be cold, I was playing a dual shuttle + Firespray w/ HLC list... And at the end of turn 1 I lost both X wings (Firespray HLC 1 shotted Biggs at range 3... hit hit hit blank, krassis reroll = direct hit... biggs = blank blank... and dual shuttles both rolled 3 hits, and I rolled 6 blanks on Hobbie)... so there was no way that I was going to come back from that, but the poor little a wing tried his best... got a shuttle down to 2 hull and the firespray down to 3 (with the occasional help of roark) ... when I realized that he had both engine upgrade and anti-pursuit lasers on both of his shuttles, so the TO disqualified him and I got a win out of it anyways.  Then I played a 6 named TIE swarm, and my dice decided that they were okay rolling hits every now and then, so I slowly whittled him down, I did lose Biggs, Roark and Hobbie were rather injured, but I walked away with the win.  I think they guy started pouting there at the end because I was only giving him shots on my A wing, and he couldn't hit the damn thing to save his life (I mean, when you're throwing 2v3/4 and I have F+E... you're not going to do much damage).  After that win, I was in 12th, with an outside chance of making top 8.

I got matched up against Rinehart, whom I've never played in person, but we've played online quite a bit against each other, so we were both familiar with each others lists and strategies... And while I outmaneuvered him in the beginning (A wing caused his Garven and Red to bump, and then the red was ionized and plopped on an asteroid) and so I had the advantage, my dice were on fire!!  So it wasn't really a fair match... He had 2 rounds of 4 ships shooting at Biggs, and a 3rd of 2 shooting him, and Biggs lived through it all.  There were back to back R3 through an asteroid that I rolled 4 evades each time.  Given the first time he only had 1 hit, and the 2nd he only had 2... but that's not the point... my dice were brutal that game that I could have been the most incompetent player and still won (See round 3 for an example).

And some how, winning in round 6 dropped me from 12th to 14th.  No one else I played won that round, so I didn't gain any SoS, and was dropped to the bottom of the 4-2 folks (where as I was rather high compared to the 3-2 entering the final round).  I'll do a more detailed one later, but there's the run down.  Phildo went on and snuck into 8th because I won that final game though, so I guess it was worth winning :)

• a4rino and MrHello like this

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#980 gminor7

gminor7

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:43 PM

Awesome, I have a new list I'm excited to try out.

I should be there as well. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS