Photo

Does dreadfleet POD have something extra?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:36 AM

Why is it $9.95 when the others are 6.95?

jh

#2 Tamhas

Tamhas

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

It has a quota of action cards (with some dark magic in it, i believe), location cards (as deck, below deck and crow´s nest location), some villians/npc, and stand-ups(made of soft cardboard, not the same as the one in the vaults or core box).

#3 r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

Emirikol said:

It has more cards than the others. 

Most of the PODs come with 15 actions and 2 items.  At $6.95, that's about 41 cents per usable card.

Dreadfleet has 10 creatures, 10 actions, 6 locations, and 10 folding character standups.  At $9.95 that's 38 cents per usable card -- and a mere 28 cents per card if you count the standups as usable cards, which I wouldn't.

#4 jackdays

jackdays

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:01 AM

r_b_bergstrom said:

Emirikol said:

It has more cards than the others. 

Most of the PODs come with 15 actions and 2 items.  At $6.95, that's about 41 cents per usable card.

Dreadfleet has 10 creatures, 10 actions, 6 locations, and 10 folding character standups.  At $9.95 that's 38 cents per usable card -- and a mere 28 cents per card if you count the standups as usable cards, which I wouldn't.

By the way - What creatures are presented there? And if you have energy - even better if you can list all the cards…

Welcome to grim and perilous Norsca. Welcome to www.kalevalahammer.com

Enter freely and of your own free will, and leave some of your happiness...

kalevalahammer@gmail.com

#5 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:08 AM

Here's the rpg listing complete:  http://boardgamegeek...dfleet-captains

#6 r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

jackdays said:

By the way - What creatures are presented there? And if you have energy - even better if you can list all the cards…

All 10 Creatures are actually named ship Captains. They are a good mix of races, and most of them could with nothing more than a name-change be used for non-naval NPCs. There's a three humans, a high elf, a dwarf, a chaos dwarf, a skaven, and 3 undead. They've got high stats (the wizard from Araby has Int 7 +2 Fortune dice and 3 ranks of spellcraft), and would make good challenges for high-Rank parties.

Each NPC Captain has a corresponding action card that fits their theme, and the actions tend to be quite potent as well. I wouldn't recommend letting PCs have access to them.

The 6 locations are all parts of a ship - crow's nest, below decks, overboard etc. The  Captain's Quarters has a healing effect that puts all the existing Shallya temples and hospital locations to shame.

#7 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

I just got my copy.  I'm mixed on it.  On one hand, it's completely useless in the context of an Imperial campaign, and on the otherhand, it seems to inspire me a little.

What I really need is a way to integrate this into an Imperial campaign, such as activity on the Reik and other riverways and perhaps the north shore.  As I'm not going to re-create the Southlands Expedition of The Enemy Within, I'm just not seeing the point of this.

I've examined/obtained the fluff portions of Dreadfleet, so there's always that, but for the most part, this product needs some integration into the realities of what's been produced for this game.  

Anyone been using this product at all?

jh

#8 Tamhas

Tamhas

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

I believe it was Valvorik in his 1000 thrones campain who used the teleportation darh magic spell to cast away from a ship almost all his players. If you have to navigate one of the rivers in the Empire, you can use the POD.

#9 Tamhas

Tamhas

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

I believe it was Valvorik in his 1000 thrones campain who used the teleportation darh magic spell to cast away from a ship almost all his players. If you have to navigate one of the rivers in the Empire, you can use the POD.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS