Ascension : Rivals/Enemies

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 alemander

alemander

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

Can only one each of the Rival and Enemy Talents be taken at a time?  I could have sworn I read that somewhere in the Ascension book but cannot find it now for the life of me.  The example of Glavius Wroth makes it seem that you can have more than one of each at any time, but I was just certain I read somewhere that only one of each at a time.

~alemander

#2 MADDOGmjb

MADDOGmjb

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:44 AM

It's been a while since I had a copy of Ascension, so I'm a bit shaky on the rules, but I always interpreted it as you could have multiple Enemies, but only one Rival.

Don't quote me on that being official, but that was my take on it.

#3 dharkus

dharkus

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:49 AM

From Ascension pg9 under the negative value advances heading is the following:

"Only one such advance of each kind (i.e., Rival and Enemy) may be taken by a Throne Agent, although an existing advance may be upgraded to a higher level, at which point the Rival becomes an Enemy instead. Therefore, a character may only have one Enemy and one Rival at a time, but the Enemy and the Rival may be different organisations. Naturally, the GM may ‘award’ more than one Rival or Enemy to a character as the campaign requires."

#4 alemander

alemander

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:25 AM

dharkus said:

From Ascension pg9 under the negative value advances heading is the following:

"Only one such advance of each kind (i.e., Rival and Enemy) may be taken by a Throne Agent, although an existing advance may be upgraded to a higher level, at which point the Rival becomes an Enemy instead. Therefore, a character may only have one Enemy and one Rival at a time, but the Enemy and the Rival may be different organisations. Naturally, the GM may ‘award’ more than one Rival or Enemy to a character as the campaign requires."

Thank you!  I knew I read it somewhere.  Not sure how I missed it.  Thanks again!

~ alemander

#5 alemander

alemander

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:07 AM

Another question on this.  Do the Rival/Enemy Talents that are awarded by the GM, per what it says on page 9, grant the negative cost advance?  For example the GM awards Inquisitor X the Enemy (Inquisitor Y) Talent.  Does Inquisitor X get the -300?

~ alemander

#6 konst80hum

konst80hum

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

I 'd say no. It wea the players actions (read idiocy) that led to that advance being granted in the first place. As I wouldn't charge xp to give the player a Peer talent for which he would go to great lenghts to achieve.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS