New High Elf content for Warhammer Fantasy Battles

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:06 AM

I seen in this months they have the new books for High Elves and another on Uniforms & Heraldry of The High Elves.

The war books tend to give good information and stories, plus new creatures.

Heres hoping there a chance something elfy will come out for WFRG. Doubt it, but can always hope.

Could meet the below on an adventure.

Handmaiden of the Everqueen, a type of courtier, herald and bodyguard all in one.

Sisters of Avelorn, protectors of forbidden areas, use otherworldly bows aflame with puissant magic

#2 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

These flaming and ice Pheonixes are fun.

*Not forget to don't post any pictures of Highelfes*

But I still havent understand this great Eagle Chariot, and why it isn't falling to the ground. Maybe some research will do.

Granted, just new minis for the old units would have been dull. The Shadow Wariors look scary, which means something as we are talking bout elgi.

And finaly Elf sorceresses get female, and don't look like Keira Knightley anymore. But I don't think there will be a real elf box for WFRP from this.

Maybe some kind of Background POD for elfes.

2 Following Careers for the Swordmaster, and some new Action Cards for the Way of the Sword. Or rules for High elf Wizards like the ones for the Necromancer. I just don't see a big box coming this way a while.

#3 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

I see they also have heralry and uniforms of the Skaven out as well.  Interesting to see how they lay out from a visual perspective.

https://www.google.c...iw=1600&bih=813

#4 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

I have all three uniform books (Empire, Skaven, High Elves) and for the roleplaying/fluff perspective find the Empire book most useful, from the fluff in it to the heraldry etc.  From the High Elf book, the elven glyphs with their multiple/conflicting meanings are the thing that most caught my eye as fun to put in an ancient ruin etc.

#5 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

Got the heraldry of empire and high elves, didnt get the skaven.

I see what you mean by the runes.

I have one question though, theres a page with a picture of a dragon mage, what is a dragon mage?

#6 r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:49 AM

DurakBlackaxe said:

what is a dragon mage?

I don't know the answer to that question… but I did notice that the Dreadfleet POD included an NPC card for a High Elf with a trait called Dragon-Speaking which allows him to breathe fire once per encounter. It may be related.

#7 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

A Dragon mage is a High Elf mage who shows an affinity with Aqshy, the same magic used by the Bright Wizards of the Empire. Most of them come from the region of Caledor or have Caledorian blood. They are known for their hot-headedness and they are not very well seen inbetween the other mages.

They also have show affinity with Sun Dragons and once they have completed their training in the tower of Hoeth, they often travel to the mountains and caves in Caledor to try to awaken a Sun Dragon.

Cheers,

Yepes

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#8 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

So they are sort of a High Elf mage who only uses Bright magic.

Sounds like a possible career. Seems there been so many changes in WFB since i played it over 10 years ago. Sun Dragons.

Thanks for the info.

#9 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

DurakBlackaxe said:

So they are sort of a High Elf mage who only uses Bright magic.

I would not go that far, but for sure they rely heavily in the Aqshy wind.

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS