#21 bluntpencil2001

bluntpencil2001

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

HappyDaze said:

bluntpencil2001 said:

Plushy said:

I've been working on making my regiment, the Walpurgis 1st Landsknecht.

They're from a Feudal World, with Laslocks and Mono Great Weapons. I can't build them without breaking the rules.

Well, if they're all nobility from Feudal World, make them Highborn. Fits the knightly idea, right?

Optionally, bend the rules and make them both Feudal World and Highborn (for 6 points?)!

Okay, idea:

Homeworld: Feudal Highborn (4 points)

Characteristics: +3 Weapon Skill, +3 Strength or +3 Fellowship

Starting Skills: Athletics and Common Lore (War)

Fealty: Gain the Duelist talent

Fluency: As Highborn

Duty and Honour: As Highborn

Abundant Resources: As Highborn

Finest Tutors: As Highborn

Suspicion of Machine Spirits: As Feudal World

#22 SwiftFox

SwiftFox

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:21 AM

bluntpencil2001 said:

Okay, idea:

Homeworld: Feudal Highborn (4 points)

Characteristics: +3 Weapon Skill, +3 Strength or +3 Fellowship

Starting Skills: Athletics and Common Lore (War)

Fealty: Gain the Duelist talent

Fluency: As Highborn

Duty and Honour: As Highborn

Abundant Resources: As Highborn

Finest Tutors: As Highborn

Suspicion of Machine Spirits: As Feudal World

Not bad.  As you combine the features of both, I would probably up the cost to 5, but that's just me.  A couple questions though.  For characteristics, is it pick two from WS, Strength, and Fellowship, or is it WS AND (Strength or Fellowship).  And I'm assuming since you left it off that wounds are generated normally?  Also, as a suggestion, consider adding Scholastic Lore (Heraldry) to starting skills.  I'm not sure why Highborn don't get this to start with, but it makes since to be knowledgable about all the other noble families you're competing with.

#23 sunhawk88

sunhawk88

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:41 AM

Anyone have a good idea of making a Forgeworld regiment that isn't Skitarii?

#24 Magpie Stoner

Magpie Stoner

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

sunhawk88 said:

Anyone have a good idea of making a Forgeworld regiment that isn't Skitarii?

As I understand Vostroya is a Manufactorum world, stamping out the basic products required by both the Guardsmen and Civilians of the Imperium. The Mechanicus would likely have an interest in protecting these worlds lest they disrespect even the humble machine-spirits the Fabricator Units… or be inconvenienced by a lack of Servitors or packets of nutrition paste.

A couple of cool combinations I can think of off the top of my head are so Forge world- Augmetics Doctrine with each

Armored Cavalry- Armored Regiment, Anti-Aircraft, Vanguard. Add a Hydra (build your own?) for each squad from anti-aircraft and being an armored regiment. Each squad would consist of a Leman Russ and full crew, Chimaera with Auto-cannon and full squad with shotguns and las carbines and Siege gear(City fighting for Vostroyans- just for flare the gear wouldn't actually change maybe just the camo netting being city camo) as well as a Hydra and full crew. Squads would likely be spread along a line of advancing infantry, likely a company of infantry per armored cav squad.

City Fighters- Guerilla Regiment, Anti-Armor, ElectroVox Warfare, Demolitions… Wolverines!

Adeptus Phalanx (or just Heavy Siege Infantry… as oppossed to Regular Siege Infantry)- Haha! not quite Skitarii. Grenadiers (I see no problem with Lasrifle/Grenade Launcher or Hot-shot Rifle or Lascarbines and three favored heavy weapons per squad. The 2 grenade launchers per squad would change to 2 favored basic weapons per squad) Siege Veterans (take the Anti-Aircraft doctrine and replace it's special with +10 to ballistic skill when in cover, which is actually a bonus from a commendation in the core book) and finally Well Provisioned.

Heresy Suppression Unit- Hunter-Killer Regiment (Bane Wolf and Hellhound variants, Banewolf would likely be used when machinery and buildings needed to be kept in tact when flushing our heretics and hereteks), Close Quarters Battle (add the Steel Legion toxic resistant qualities to the Carapace armor and add a steel legion respirator, except the armor would resistance (heat) and receive a +10 to resist catching on fire because of the insulation when paired with a hellhound rather than resistance (posions) with the BaneWolf).

Tactical Terror Company (Black Ops)- Drop Regiment, Infiltrators, Covert Strike, Scavengers, I would highly recommend replacing the LasCarbine with a compact or regular autogun with a silencer, also a Stub Automatic or AutoPistol and silencer to replace any Las Pistol.

That's about all I have after a quick glance through the books, didn't do any math on those… I know, **** move.

#25 Magpie Stoner

Magpie Stoner

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

BaneWolf- Identical to Hellhound except for: 

Chem Cannon: (50m; S/–/–; 1 Impact;Pen 15 (Is 15 around regular power armor? if not whatever non-marine power armor is); Clip 100; Reload —; Toxic (6) I'm pretty sure -60 is the maximum possible penalty so can't go higher on toxic but… Crippling (10) I figure after being sprayed with the Chem Cannon moving around too quick would cause skin to slough off in addition to the initial damage from Toxic so you would have to be treated or make only half actions untile treated, Spray)

#26 TormDK

TormDK

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

Magpie Stoner said:

Chem Cannon: (50m; S/–/–; 1 Impact;Pen 15 (Is 15 around regular power armor? if not whatever non-marine power armor is); Clip 100; Reload —; Toxic (6) I'm pretty sure -60 is the maximum possible penalty so can't go higher on toxic but… Crippling (10) I figure after being sprayed with the Chem Cannon moving around too quick would cause skin to slough off in addition to the initial damage from Toxic so you would have to be treated or make only half actions untile treated, Spray)

Power armor starts at 7 (Light Powerarmor), and ends at 11 (Astartes Mark VIII chest area). If you go to Artificier armour it's at 12, and Terminator armour is at 14.

#27 Magpie Stoner

Magpie Stoner

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

TormDK said:

Magpie Stoner said:

Power armor starts at 7 (Light Powerarmor), and ends at 11 (Astartes Mark VIII chest area). If you go to Artificier armour it's at 12, and Terminator armour is at 14.

Cool, so Pen would be 11 and I forgot that range should be reduced to about 30m… in the tabletop BaneWolves only use a template instead of 12" and a template like the Hellhound.

#28 Face Eater

Face Eater

• Members
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:57 AM

Magpie Stoner said:

Cool, so Pen would be 11 and I forgot that range should be reduced to about 30m… in the tabletop BaneWolves only use a template instead of 12" and a template like the Hellhound.

Agreed, the range should be shorter on the Banewolf, maybe 40 and should have corrosive and possibly felling.

#29 Magpie Stoner

Magpie Stoner

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

Face Eater said:

Magpie Stoner said:

Agreed, the range should be shorter on the Banewolf, maybe 40 and should have corrosive and possibly felling.

See, I specifically didn't add corrosive because eating away armor doesn't seem to be the point of the BaneWolf… the penetration is so high simply because it seeps through armor and turns organic matter to goop, thus leaving the armor intact essentially. which is why I used Toxic and Crippling to represent this… Felling I'm not so sure about, I could go either way but I don't feel without a good explanation it would work… Maybe specific compounds are used in certain operations so depending on which chemical the Bane Wolf is loaded with it could be Felling (2) only against a certain species such as Humans, Orks, or Tyranid…. against nurgle specifically rolling a 3 on the toxic damage would make them sprout a random Major Mutation instead of take any damage from the Chem Cannon.

#30 SpectorKnight

SpectorKnight

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

Here's the regiment I'm running for my first ever campaign. My players and I collaberated on the background for a few days beforehand, to really get some detail into the regiment's histroy and character.  

The Nova Kadian 14th Mechanized Regiment, the Steel Panthers

Origin: Frontier World

Regiment Type: Mechanized Infantry

Training Doctrine: Hardened Fighters

Special Equipment Doctrine: Well Provisioned

Regimental Drawback: Rivalry (18th Scintillan Fusiliers)

Regiment Favoured Weapons: Grenade Launcher, Autocannon.

Regiment Commander: Colonel Johann Tychus Marsh

Temperament: Maverick

A fearless officer who leads by example, beloved by his men but held in near-contempt by some in the Calixis sector's command structure due to his independent and often pugnacious temperament. He can usually be found directly supervising the regiment's assaults in his uniquely modified Salamander Command Vehicle, coordinating their blitzkrieg attacks with deadly efficiency, and inspiring his men with decisive but flexible intuition. A gruff but still personable man who enjoys a good smoke and drink when the occasion is appropriate, he is a commanding figure, not tall, but thickly-built with broad-shoulders and prominent cheekbones, dark blond hair, grey eyes and a cleft chin. He has an augmetic lower left arm which he switches out for a power fist in battle. He is somewhat young at only 54 years of age to be in command of a full regiment, but his ingenuity and hard-hitting drive to win have proven that he is more then worthy of his rank.

Regiment History:

The frontier world of Nova Kadia was colonized by elements of the 118th Cadian Mechanized regiment in M39.1442, who were awarded settling rights to the world after conquering it from a perfidious xenos race. An agri-world dominated by rolling hills and long grassy plains, the settlers still took advantage of their mechanical skills and ties to the Adeptus Mechanicus to farm and harvest foodstuffs with the use of large and powerful machinery. Thus most denizens of this world have some, if not extensive, familiarity with the operation and maintenance of tracked vehicles.

In M40.3699, a scouting force from the Tau Empire arrived on Nova Kadia and ended up in conflict with the planetary militia and their elite patrol warriors, the Nova Rangers, a force of fast moving scouts and law-enforcers whose knowledge of their home terrain and hit-and-run tactics enabled them to score several decisive victories against the Tau. Despite this resistance, the xenos decided that the planet would still be incorporated into their Empire, and a much larger invasion force of Fire warriors from the Vior'la Sept arrived to pacify the world. Despite beaming distress calls deep into the Warp, asking for aid from Imperial Guard forces, it was not until twenty-three years later that reinforcements from the Dantean 9th Armoured Regiment and the 18th Scintillan Fusiliers arrived to help drive the Tau aggressors away for good. This long wait for aide, coupled with the imperious and demeaning attitudes of the Scintillan soldiery who looked down at the Nova Kadians as a collection uncouth farm-hands and social inferiors barely worth their time to assist, forged a stubborn and mistrusting edge in the already gruff and independent frontier-worlders. The Scintillan commanders favoured bombardment tactics would also often exact a bloody toll on occupied homesteads and production buildings the frontiersmen could little afford to see destroyed, and further ingrained a fierce dislike of the gaudy and overbearing Scintillans in the planet's populace. Still, the Tau were repulsed and Nova Kadia liberated, but due to the extended conflicts ruining much crop-land and delaying grand-scale harvests for over two decades, the world was unable to meet its Tithes in the normal fashion, and instead its governor decided that the now battle-hardened people should instead volunteer extra numbers for the formation of Imperial Guard regiments.

Over fourteen Light Infantry regiments were raised from Nova over the course of the next six years, and though at first lightly equipped and often underestimated, the Nova Kadian troopers began proving their mettle in a variety of conflicts in and around the Spinward front of the Calixis sector. The most noteworthy of any of these battles was the 14th Nova Kadian light infantry, then simply called the Panthers, and their grueling war to liberate the Forge World of Stark Minoris from Ork invasion. Despite taking significant casualties, enough to reduce the regiment to only half of its original fighting strength over a ten-month-long conflict, the flexible and intuitive tactics the Nova Kadians had learned in their war against the Tau allowed them to eventually destroy the Ork forces before they could grow into a full-blown Waaagh! 

In a show of thanks for the 14th's efforts in rescuing their production facilities, the Adeptus Mechanicus Magi of Stark Minoris graciously struck a pact with their commanding officers, supplying them with Chimeras from their very own forges and the necessary contingent of Tech-priests and Enginseers care for the machine spirits of said vehicles. Elevated to the status of Mechanized Regiment, the 14th renamed themselves the Steel Panthers and have since gone on to many victories, combining their flexible fast-attack skills with the armored strength of a fully mechanized assault. Masters of blitzkrieg warfare, the 14th Steel Panthers are now often deployed to difficult battlezones, or warfronts where the offensive has stagnated, using the speed and maneuverability of their Chimeras to outflank, penetrate or simply run through enemy defenses.

Soldiers from this regiment tend to be brash, individualistic and self-reliant. They follow the orders of their own leaders with absolute respect and foster close ties with the Adeptus Mechanicus, but tend to distrust any other outside authority, remembering the long years of battling the Tau without any help from the rest of the Imperium. Troopers who have history in their homeworld's Nova Ranger corp are often assigned special gear and rare weaponry, such as Chamoleoline cloaks and modified lascarbines with auxilary grenade launchers.They also maintain an especially bitter dislike of Scintillan soldiers, particularly those from the 18th, whom they have often run into since the liberation of their homeworld and have never ceased to clash with them as a result of the callous actions taken there by the high-born regiment. 

Regiment Strength:

6,500 infantry and non-commissioned officers, (1,500 troopers circulating reserve status due to Chimera numbers)

91 Command Officers, (65 Lieutenants, 16 Captains, 8 Majors, 1 Lieutenant-Colonel, 1 Colonel.)

18 Commissariat Personnel (3 Commissars, 3 Junior Commissars, 12 Storm-Troopers).

1900 Vehicle crew members

790 Adeptus Mechanicus Personnel, (1 Magos Logis, 1 Magos Technicus, 60 Tech-Priests, 150 Enginseers, 178 Adepts, 400 Servitors)

Regiment Armory:

500 Chimera Armoured Personnel Carriers

35 Hellhound Flame Tanks

30 Devil Dog Anti-armour Tanks

5 Bane-Wolf Chem Tanks.

17 Salamander Command Vehicles.

12 Atlas Recovery Tanks

20 Sentinel Scout Walkers

#31 Spazmunke

Spazmunke

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

Rouge Trader Vessel "Wage of Sin" Armsmen for a campaign im going to be running.

Home World - Imperial World     1/12

Commanding Officer - Sanguine     3/12

Regiment Type - Grenadiers     7/12

With the removal of the auxilary grenade launchers, and the addition of void-sealed to the armor.

krack grenade replaced with smoke grenade

2 grenade launchers/squad repalced with 2 lascutters/squad

Training Doctrines - Close Quarters Battle and Hardened Fighters     14/12

Drawbacks - Scarred by Loss     10/12

Favored Special Weapon: Combat Shotgun

Favored Heavy Weapon: Naval Shotcannon

Standard Issue Gear

Best Craftmanship Void-Sealed Light Carapace     10/34

Lascarbine to Combat Shotgun     20/34

extended magazines     23/34

Bayonete (the mono-knife from close quarters battle with the melee attachment upgrade)     26/34

Respirator     34/34

#32 Magus Black

Magus Black

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:15 AM

The people of this system are board-line heretics and belligerent Heretecks, we should destroy them now before they turn on us…but damn…do they have some fine guns.
-Ensign Goto of the Silently Enduing, pre-execution.

Let them go, we'll let the Mohave sort them out.
-Commander Ulysses of the Vegas 31st to the fleeing Cadian 713th Infantry

New Vegas 31st North Continental Rangers “The N.C.R”
Homeworld: Frontier World
Commanding Officer: Phlegmatic
Regiment Type: Grenadiers
Doctrines: Vanguard, Sharpshooter
Favored Basic Weapon:  Type 103 S.R.
Favored Heavy Weapon: M43-X A.M.R
Drawback: Doomed, The Few
Total Point Cost: 6

Characteristic Modifiers: +6 to Ballistic Skill, +3 Toughness.
Aptitude: Ballistic Skill
Skills: All frontier world characters start with Awareness, Common Lore (Imperial Guard), Common Lore (War), Linguistics (Low Gothic), Navigate (Surface), Survival and Tech-Use
Talents: Deadeye Shot, Bombardier
Wild Wastelanders: The men and women of New Vegas tend to travel alone or in small groups throughout their home planet, more-so than many other Frontier worlds, across its vast wastelands and abandoned ruins of that dot the land. This dangerous lifestyle  demands a greater variety of skill in order to survive and to make it back home, and even still some do not return. Select two skills from the following list, these skills become trained: Acrobatics, Athletics, Common Lore (Tech), Dodge, Logic, Medicae, Security, Stealth, Trade (Armourer).

Distrustful of Authority: Though they are valued for their ability to act independently, frontier worlders can also be difficult to control thanks to this tendency. This can be particularly problematic for newly raised regiments placed under the command of officers from outside, or for regiments merged with others after suffering losses. However, with time and patience, this friction can be overcome by outsiders who prove that they can stand on their own and contribute to the regiment. 

Frontier world characters tend to distrust outsiders, especially those handing out orders. They suffer a –20 penalty to Interaction Skill Tests made to interact with unfamiliar figures of authority (such as new Commissars, officers from other regiments. Senior members of the Ecclesiarchy and Adeptus Mechanicus, and other such individuals) and impose the same penalty on Interaction Skill Tests made on them by those people. These penalties can be waived at the GM’s discretion, if the frontier world characters are dealing with individuals who have earned their trust.

Independent Thinking: The people of Bethesda Region have long been away from the Imperium of Man but unlike many such isolated reaches of space they have not lost their technological grasp. While the worship of the Emperor was able to survive the millennium the acceptance of the Omnissiah and the teachings of the Adeptus Mechanicus did not. Without the presence of the Tech-Priests of Mars the people had begun to innovate and create new inventions with the tools they had, a rather grave ‘sin’ by the theology of the Mechanicus. In addition to this sin the people of the Bethesda Region have no tolerance of the political soldiers of the Commissariat and their often ham-fisted way of dealing with people, an issue that has lead to a staggering mortality rate of commissars. Characters from the Bethesda Region have the Enemy (Adeptus Mechanicus) (-60) talent and the Enemy (Commissariat) (-60) talent.

Dead Soldiers Walking: Members of this regiment cannot Burn Fate Points to survive fatal injuries (see Burning Fate on page 33 of the only War Core Rulebook). In addition, members of the regiment suffer a –10 penalty on Logistics Tests, and whenever the Squad rolls on Table 6–5: Random Issue Gear (see page 167 of the only War Core Rulebook), they apply a –20 penalty to the roll. The Game Master should also take this Regimental Drawback into account when designing missions, and he should plan the number of Complications that spring up during the execution of the mission accordingly.

Limited Numbers: When a Squad from this regiment requests reinforcements (to replace fallen Comrades), it must make a Hard (–20) Logistics Test if most of the regiment is actively deployed or an Ordinary (+10) Logistics Test if a significant portion of the regiment is not currently in the field (these Tests already include situational modifiers except those added at the GM’s discretion). If it fails, the regiment simply has no reinforcements it can spare for the Squad, and its members must soldier on until its members can put in another request for troop support. 

Ranger’s Augments: Characters of the New Vegas 31st Rangers have both Synthmuscle and Boneaugment (a Toughness based Synthmuscle) at character creation, granting them Unnatural Strength (1) and Unnatural Toughness (1) These can never be upgraded to Best Quality. In addition if the guardsman possess a Toughness of at least 30 they gain Subskin Armour, this only applies at Character Creation (if the Player Character eventually gains 30 Toughness they must still make a proper Logistic check to acquire it).

Starting Wounds: Frontier world characters generate their starting Wounds normally.

Equipment: 1 Bozar (Main Weapon) with four clips per Player Character, 4 frag grenade per Player Character, 1 Auxiliary Grenade Launcher per Player Character, 1 suit of light carapace armour per Player Character, 1 deadspace earpiece per Player Character, 1 Photo-Visor per Player Character, 1 Medi-kit per Player Character, 1 data-slate per Player Character, 1 9-70 entrenching tool per Player Character, 1 field suture, 2 grenade launchers per Squad,1 lascutter per Squad, 1 siege auspex per Squad, and a single Chimera armoured transport per Squad armed with a turret-mounted autocannon, a hull-mounted heavy flamer, and a pintle-mounted heavy stubber, as well as a dozer blade and camouflage netting.

[Creator Note: 
Wild Wastelanders replaces Life on the Verge and Independent Operations.
Independent Thinking is for the lulz.
Dead Soldier’s Walking is the Primary Drawback
Limited Numbers is the Secondary Drawback.
Ranger’s Augments is from purchasing Synthmuscle (15) and a Toughness equivalent (15)
+Subskin (20) option in Ranger’s Augments is from the both Equipment Points and trading combi-tool.
Medi-kits comes from the remaining (5) points after the above modification.
Bozar is for trading out the Combat Shotgun
The 2-4 grenades are trading the Krak Grenade (15) for 3 cheaper Frag Grenades (5ptsx3=15)
Trade out 6 Demolition Charges (Scarce) per Squad for Photo-Visor (Scarce) per Player Character.
?I‘m going to guess that the anointed toolkit is at least Average and trade out for field sutures?]
======

The following special guns are commonly found in the hands of the 31st Rangers.

Weapon Type Range RoF Dam Pen Clip Rld Special Weight Availability
M43-X A.M.R Heavy 450m S/-/- 3d10+8I 6 20 2 Full Accurate, Ogryn-Proof, Reliable 45kg Very Rare
Type 103 S.R. Basic 300m S/-/- 1d10+4I 3 20 Full Accurate, Crippling (4), Reliable 10.5kg Scarce
Bozar Basic 150m S/3/10 1d10+3I 0 30 Half Accurate, Proven (3) 9.5kg Average

M43-X A.M.R. (Anti-Material Rifle)
All right jar heads listen up! This here is the M43-X Anti-material rifle, it chambers a 20x102 armour-piercing round at a ranges exceeding fourteen-hundred feet EASY! It weighs almost a hundred pounds and will break your back if aint manly enough to carry it, and your noodle-armed companion too if he tries! The biggest draw to this weapon is not its overwhelming firepower (which is great) nor its penetrating power (which will chew through any armour that ‘you‘ will be wearing) buts its extreme range and ungodly precision. Come the end of the day this gun has been specked-out to MAXIMIZE your long range capabilities, with this gun you will be able to hit targets almost at the ranges of tank cannons!

But I’m sure some of you are saying: “But Sarge, that weapon cant take a scope”. Well thanks for pointing that out NUMB NUTS! You see the guys and gals from this planet are so manly they think the reliance on scopes is for weak pansies hiding in METAL BAWKSES, and truth be told I cant count the number of times a sniper has come up to me bellyaching about having a broken scope!  So if you see one of these monsters remember that the person holding it is likely capable of headshoting you from a mile away! 

So remember when your facing down a Carnifex at fourteen-hundred yards, and you need to drop that bastard before he tears your ass to pieces, ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!”
[Robert “Sarge” Lee explaining the M43-X A.M.R. to the Cadian 501st]

Originally a standard issue M34 pattern Autocannon that was once the most common heavy weapon fielded in New Vegas, no one is quite sure when the practice was started of using it as a long range precision weapon began, but most believe the modification came about out of a desire for a more power rifle to use against Deathclaws. After an effective set of modifications were found to fit the criteria of the Ranger-Elite they began modifying guns on the field until this became so common that the Gun Runners hired these gunsmiths and began making these adjustments to the guns standard pattern. These potent heavy duty sniper rifles are now far more common sight than old cannons they were modeled from.

A M43-X Anti-Material Rifle is a weapon of superior accuracy when a character takes an Aim Action he receives an additional +2 bonus on a Half Action or +4 bonus for a Full Action, and in addition when Aiming it deals an additional +2 Damage. This weapon may not normally be further customized, although generous GM’s ‘may’ allow one more modification to made (likely Customized Grip or Home Materials).

Base Weapon: Autocannon
Ranged Weapon Pattern Positive: High Impact, Lightweight Materials, Incredibly Lethal
Ranged Weapon Pattern Negative: Erratic, Rare Model
Permanent Modifications: Extended Barrel, Manual Operations, Modified Stock, Reduced Weight.

------

Type 103 Sniper Rifle “The Mauler”
HEY NEEDLE NOGGIN` PAY ATTENTION! This here is one Rangers answers to people not manly enough to carry the M43-X, the Type 103 Sniper Rifle, also called ‘The Mauler’. Why Mauler? Because this type of sniper rifles is ab-so-lutely vicious! I don’t exactly know how this gun does it, because the Cog-Boys hate the Gun Runners guts and I don’t fancy being turned into a FLYING CUP HOLDER!

… But, what I can tell you is that this gun turns standard rifle rounds into serrated flying drills, and yes you heard right: FLYING. SERRATED. DRILLS!

One hit from one of these and your enemy is going to go down screaming. Standard practice for the Rangers is to shoot the legs out from underneath the enemy, which with this gun is a particularly nasty way of stopping a charge, and for additional effectiveness they tend to go out of their way to acquire Man-Stopper rounds just in case you thought your armour would protect you! It should go without saying that headshots with this gun do NOT look pretty; I’d much rather take a hit from a lascannon than survive a shot of one these (the lose of my good looks would be DEVASTATING to women of the universe).

One more thing! DO NOT POINT THIS GUN AT FRIENDLIES! If your C.O. or the man with the fancy hat don’t kill you, the medics sure as hell will! Remember. NOT. A. TOY!”
[Robert (Sarge) Lee explaining the Type 103 S.R. to the Chem Dogs 17th Infantry]

The Type 103 S.R. is one of the more bizarre weapons found in the Bethesda Region, and its internal working are a bit of a mystery outside of the Gun Runners and particularly savvy infantrymen. The bullets fired by this weapon have been said to have more in common with drill bits than rifle rounds, as the injuries they inflict are often horrific to look upon. Regardless of its inner workings this weapon is very popular with the various Ranger regiments for its ability to slow enemies down and provide an additional detriment against charges.

A Type 103 S.R. is a weapon of superior accuracy when a character takes an Aim Action he receives an additional +2 bonus on a Half Action or +4 bonus for a Full Action.

Base Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Ranged Weapon Pattern Positive: Crippling Munitions x3
Ranged Weapon Pattern Negative: Bulky, Rare Model
Permanent Modifications: Extended Barrel,  Modified Stock, Reduced Weight.
-----

Bozar
Gather round folks let me introduce you to my FAVORITE from the Bethesda Region, the Bozar! What does Bozar mean? Hells if I know. But what I do know is that this gun is absolutely beautiful!

If there is a gun that can surpass the lasgun the Bozar would be it, the gun is both potent and versatile. You need short controlled bursts, you have short controlled bursts!  You need to put a ton of lead downwind, you’ve got impressive full-auto capabilities! Hell! You can pull double-duty with this gun and help out your sniper pals without being a nuisance. I wouldn’t be surprised if this gun could sing or dance even.

Just about everybody from Bethesda Region uses gun, and I mean EVERYONE, and they love adding extra toys for additional versatility. The Rangers and heavy infantry use under-slung grenade launchers for anything too tough to kill with bullets. The Tunnel Snakes tend to use under-slung shotguns and flamethrowers for their close-quarters underground adventures!  While the paratrooper Enclave use  grappling-hook shots to get just anywhere you would normally not be able to go.

The best bit about this gun is that the Cog-boys have decided to NOT consider it a tech-heresy! Meaning that production of these guns may be found in other regions of space soon enough, competing with the lasgun for top Dog of War!”
[Robert (Sarge) Lee explaining the Bozar to “A Regiment Near You”]

One of the most common weapons in the Bethesda Region the Bozar is the standard infantryman’s weapon on every world in the system. Capable in virtually all types of combat scenarios it has proven time and again to far more reliable than the lasguns presented by the Administratum.

A Bozar is a weapon of superior accuracy when a character takes an Aim Action he receives an additional +2 bonus on a Half Action or +4 bonus for a Full Action.

Base Weapon: Autogun
Ranged Weapon Pattern Positive: Incredibly Lethal, Venable Design x2
Ranged Weapon Pattern Negative: Rare Model, Bulky
Permanent Modifications: Extended Barrel, Modified Stock, Quick Release
=====

Special Rules and Regiment Composition

The various Rangers regiments of the Bethesda Region do not have the normal composition of other regiment common through out  the Imperium and the following changes are applied to how they are managed.

PERCENTAGE PER SPECIALTIES
The following lists the average percentages of the various Specialties that make up a Ranger regiments found in and around New Vegas.

Storm Trooper 60%
Weapon Specialist 15%
Heavy Gunner 15%
Sergeant 5%
Medics 3%
Operator 1%
Other 1%*
*Most of this percentage are ‘outsider’ elements such as Commissars and Tech-Priests though both tend to have short life expectancy.

RESTRICTED SPECIALTIES
The following Specialties are not available for Ranger regiments except in the cases of Mixed Regiments, or systematic placement, following each is a short explanation why.

*Commissars: The often pointless killing done by them and their standing as political soldiers is held as unacceptable by the vast majorities of the Bethesda Region. Often shot and killed in broad daylight without retribution (baring only reasonable circumstances).

*Sanctioned Psykers: Strange as it seems the region is somewhat a psychic null-point (a matter of great interests to several Inquisitors in particular) none have been born with psychic potential in almost 10,000 years.

*Ratlings: Simply not present in the region.

*Ogryns: Simply not present in the region.

*Ministorum Priests: Priests in region tend to be of the ‘stay at home’ variety and not the highly martial variants more commonly found in the Imperial Guard.

*Tech-Priest Enginseer: Violently oppose the more freethinking (technologically speaking) populace in particular the Gun Runners that provide majority of the weapons for the region…and who are not afraid to retaliate for violence against them by blasting the Mechanicus’ flagship out of orbit with an massive Archeotech rail cannon.

SPECIALIZATION CHANGES
The following are changes in the core Specialization classes mostly due to new material making them mechanically weaker than they should be.

Storm Troopers
Storm Troopers of the Bethesda Region have the following change to their Specialization.

Equipment: Best-Craftsmanship Storm Trooper Armour, Best-Craftsmanship Survival Suit, Best-Craftsmanship Gas-Mask, and Either a Good-Craftsmanship Hot-shot lasgun with Power Pack OR a Good-Craftsmanship Bozar with Extended Clip and Silencer with any combination of 10 clips of Man-Stopper or Tracer Rounds.

#33 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

Having just been watching Sharpe, I'm trying to figure out how one would make the 95th Rifles as a regiment. It's quite difficult, I think, as there's a number of ways that would work.

Frontier World or Feudal World

Choleric or Maverick Commanding Officer (Sharpe is both)

Light Infantry or Guerrilla Regiment

Sharpshooters Doctrine definitely, but Survivalists and Scavangers would go with that too (I'm leaning towards Survivalists (Temperate))

To pay for the extra stuff, we might have to take The Few drawback, which would fit the small numbers that make up the 95th Rifles.

As for gear, they'd have Favoured Weapons of Long-Las and… well, I'm not sure what Heavy Weapon they'd have. They'd also upgrade their carbines to full lasguns, or pay 10 points to have a Long-Las each as standard gear. I think the rest of their stuf would be extra rations, etc, for their long treks behind enemy lines.

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#34 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

Temperate isn't really a terrain type, its a climate. I know I wouldn't allow it for Survivalists, but to each their own.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#35 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:40 AM

HappyDaze said:

Temperate isn't really a terrain type, its a climate. I know I wouldn't allow it for Survivalists, but to each their own.

I know, but I couldn't think of a terrain type that accurately portrayed the rocky plains that Sharpe and his Rifles fight on in Spain.

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#36 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:37 AM

MILLANDSON said:

HappyDaze said:

I know, but I couldn't think of a terrain type that accurately portrayed the rocky plains that Sharpe and his Rifles fight on in Spain.

Then I'd suggest skipping Survivalists. Go with Well-Provisioned if you want more ammo, grenades, and rations.

#37 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

HappyDaze said:

MILLANDSON said:

HappyDaze said:

Then I'd suggest skipping Survivalists. Go with Well-Provisioned if you want more ammo, grenades, and rations.

But they aren't well provisioned, or at least no better than any other part of the army in that setting. 

Scrubland would probably cover it - it's mostly uncultivated, and has very sparse vegetation.

#38 Kharol

Kharol

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

It's certainly not entirely accurate, but in many war games Spain is considered to be desert terrain.

#39 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

That's because there is a tremendous range of terrains that fall under the broad heading of 'desert' such that it's about as specific as saying highlands or wetlands.

#40 Spazmunke

Spazmunke

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

Since HOTE came out I have been toying with "Dragoon" regiments.  While they dont fight mounted like Rough Riders, theys till have the mounts so they are almost mechanized regiments.  Anyway here is my idea:

Homeworld: Imperial World

Commanding Officer: Phlegmatic

Regiment Type: Line Infantry

Training/Doctrines: Cavalry Mounts and Hardened Fighters

Additional Gear: Storm Trooper Carapace and a Laspistol sidearm

The mount is:

WS:40, BS:01, STR:50, TOUGH:40, AG:40, INT:10, PER:25, WP:20, FEL:10 WOUNDS:16

Skills: Athletics, Dodge

Tallants/Traits: Unnatural STR/TOUGH(2), Natural Armor (3), Bred for War, Quadraped, Crushing Blow, Hardy, Sprint

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS