Hero Count

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

…previewed heroes included, it now stands with the following…

Tactics 12

Legolas (Silvan), Gimli (Dwarf), Thalin (Dwarf), Brand Son of Bain (Dale), Boromir (Gondor), Elladan (Noldor), Háma (Rohan), Beorn (Beorning), Beregond (Gondor), Bard the Bowman (Esgaroth), Théoden (Rohan), Merry (Hobbit)

Leadership 11

Aragorn (Dúnedain), Théodred (Rohan), Glóin (Dwarf),  Imrahil (Gondor), Dáin Ironfoot (Dwarf), Elrohir (Noldor), Thorin (Dwarf), Boromir (Gondor), Balin (Dwarf), Hirluin the Fair (Outlands), Sam Gamgee (Hobbit)

Spirit 11

Eleanor (Gondor), Dúnhere (Rohan), Éowyn (Rohan), Frodo Baggins (Hobbit), Dwalin (Dwarf), Glorfindel (Noldor), Nori (Dwarf), Óin (Dwarf), Pippin (Hobbit), Caldara (Gondor), Fatty Bolger (Hobbit)

Lore 12

Glorfindel (Noldor), Beravor (Dúnedain), Denethor (Gondor), Bilbo Baggins (Hobbit), Bifur (Dwarf), Aragorn (Dúnedain), Elrond (Noldor), Ori (Dwarf), Bombur (Dwarf), Mirlonde (Silvan), Faramir (Gondor), Pippin (Hobbit)

Noldor 5* (Tactics 1, Leadership 1, Spirit 1, Lore 2)

Silvan 2 (Tactics 1, Lore 1)

Dúnedain 3* (Leadership 1, Lore 2)

Gondor 8* (Tactics 2, Leadership 2, Spirit 2, Lore 2)

Outlands 1 (Leadership)

Rohan 5 (Tactics 2, Leadership 1, Spirit 2)

Esgaroth 1 (Tactics)

Dale 1 (Tactics)

Beorning 1 (Tactics)

Hobbit 7* (Tactics 1, Leadership 1, Spirit 3, Lore 2)

Dwarf 12 (Tactics 2, Leadership 4, Spirit 3, Lore 3)

*including the double (Glorfindel, Aragorn, Boromir, Pippin)

Edited by lleimmoen, 16 August 2013 - 02:45 AM.

#2 richsabre

richsabre

the REAL Gandalf.....

• Members
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:02 AM

nice summary. i think we shall indeed see another hobbit. its looking like Sam to me, and i still think that he must be spirit for theme reasons.and then my prediction of denethor sort of fell short this pack but i think he is coming

magali did the tactics event card with the palantir right? so she usually keeps the illustrations the same so i think he will look like that guy….looks rather young to me though…or is that aragorn in his confrontation?

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#3 DevastazioneH88

DevastazioneH88

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:03 AM

I agree about two of the three heroes being in the spirit and lore sphere…as for the third I guess he could be in any sphere (save tactics)…as for names and races I guess we'll see Faramir in AP 4 and Merry in AP 2. Faramir might be leadership because of his ally version being leadership and because we haven't seen any sphere change from ally to hero and viceversa up to now. I hoped Merry would be leadership but the hero count says he might be spirit (like this we'd be able to create a mono spirit hobbit deck, hobbits and mono spheres being two of this cycles main points) or lore. The third hero is a mistery, I hope he'll be a silvan but we'll probably get another human character…

That said FFG has always surprised most of us with this game, so they may have decided to put no lore heroes or no Gondorians XD…

#4 Gunny_J

Gunny_J

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:11 AM

Thank you for putting this resource together!

#5 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:10 AM

Gunny_J said:

Thank you for putting this resource together!

Oh, you are welcome. And yeah, Spirit Hobbit deck seems very likely, it is looking like Merriadock to me… Faramir is a given, I would bet a house (I don't own) on it. Pack no. 4 is Faramir, I think he will be Leadership.

#6 Sprenger

Sprenger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:06 AM

. . . .  Deleted

Light Side: 4 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 2 A-Wings, 2 Hwks, 1 Falcon & 1 B-Wing

Dark Side: 6 Fighters, 2 Advanced, 2 Interceptors, 2 Fire Sprays, 2 Bombers, 1 Shuttle

#7 Sprenger

Sprenger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:07 AM

I'm sure Lore is up next, then Pippin (Spirit), followed by Faramir (Leadership), Another ??? hero followed by Theoden (Tactics).

Now that we know there is a new Saga expansion featuring 4 hobbit heroes, I would guess that we probably won't see any other hobbits during this cycle.  I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see a reprint of a current hero in the fifth adventure pack. If they keep up the mutli-sphere trend, we should see a Spirit Hero get a new Tactic version. 

Tactics - Boromir - Leadership

Leadership - Aragorn - Lore

Lore - Glorfindel - Spirit

Spirit - ? - Tactics

The only one that makes the most sense for this would be Ewoyn. She did kill the Witch King. However I can't see us getting two Rohan Tactics Heroes back to back. 

Dark Side: 6 Fighters, 2 Advanced, 2 Interceptors, 2 Fire Sprays, 2 Bombers, 1 Shuttle

#8 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:01 AM

Sprenger said:

I'm sure Lore is up next, then Pippin (Spirit), followed by Faramir (Leadership), Another ??? hero followed by Theoden (Tactics).

Now that we know there is a new Saga expansion featuring 4 hobbit heroes, I would guess that we probably won't see any other hobbits during this cycle.  I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see a reprint of a current hero in the fifth adventure pack. If they keep up the mutli-sphere trend, we should see a Spirit Hero get a new Tactic version. 

Tactics - Boromir - Leadership

Leadership - Aragorn - Lore

Lore - Glorfindel - Spirit

Spirit - ? - Tactics

The only one that makes the most sense for this would be Ewoyn. She did kill the Witch King. However I can't see us getting two Rohan Tactics Heroes back to back. 

I see your point but not 100% sure I agree since the remade heroes came out in a different order than how you outlined above. I have a gut feeling the 5th AP pack hero will be lore. No reasoning just a hunch

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#9 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:14 AM

No. 4 is Leadership Faramir, who takes a bet? The rest should be Lore and Spirit, but who, the question still remains though we shall have a part of the answer in a few days. Anyone up for the guessing game once more? I think I am encouraged by the fact I guessed (rarely) right the last time around. This time Gondor and more Gondor cards, I believe and hope. We are getting four mono-sphere-deck cards, also, two of which have been spoilt.

#10 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

i'll wager faramir is not leadership, but lore.

#11 Sprenger

Sprenger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

I have noticed a number of cards with the text if all of your heroes are the same sphere then you can play this card or get this bonus. If the next hero is Lore, I feel like his ability will have this kind of requirement to some degree. Though it would be pretty nice if it was a bonus effect. 

The first event card you play from your hand this round costs 1 less matching resource to play. (to a minimum of 0).

If all of your heroes have a printed {Lore} sphere of influence then Hero gains something like, the first {Lore} event card you play from your hand each round gets shuffled back into your deck instead of being discarded". 

#12 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

Dain Ironfoot said:

Dain Ironfoot said:

id wager not only because each time a character has gone from ally to hero or visa versa they have remained in the same sphere. Examples include beorn, dwalin, gloin, bombur, and bifur.

seems like spheres only change when characters stay in the same card type like Aragorn, Glorfindel, Boromir, and Bofur

I want to think that the two unknown heroes are both lore (Assuming leadership hero Faramir) but I also think we should get another Denethor (who would using the theory above would have to be tactics, leadership, or spirit) leadership makes the most sense and tactics the least but a case could be made for spirit however since we're already getting two leadership heroes this cycle

#13 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

Pharmboys2013 said:

Dain Ironfoot said:

Dain Ironfoot said:

id wager not only because each time a character has gone from ally to hero or visa versa they have remained in the same sphere. Examples include beorn, dwalin, gloin, bombur, and bifur.

seems like spheres only change when characters stay in the same card type like Aragorn, Glorfindel, Boromir, and Bofur

I want to think that the two unknown heroes are both lore (Assuming leadership hero Faramir) but I also think we should get another Denethor (who would using the theory above would have to be tactics, leadership, or spirit) leadership makes the most sense and tactics the least but a case could be made for spirit however since we're already getting two leadership heroes this cycle

well, there's got to be a first time for everything! the past doesn't always dictate the present, or the future. ;)

#14 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

Dain: quite true! I personally would like to see a spirit or lore version of Faramir there are already so many awesome leadership heroes it makes it difficult to choose when deck building!!  As long he has awesome art ill probably be thrilled. The ally version was just so awful I don't know if I can withstand that kind of disappointment again haha

#15 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

Pharmboys2013 said:

Dain: quite true! I personally would like to see a spirit or lore version of Faramir there are already so many awesome leadership heroes it makes it difficult to choose when deck building!!  As long he has awesome art ill probably be thrilled. The ally version was just so awful I don't know if I can withstand that kind of disappointment again haha

hahahaha. maybe i'm remembering the movie version more than the book version of faramir, but he just seems more at home in lore, as opposed to leadership! but yes, it would be nice to spread the love around a bit! :)

#16 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

Additionally whomever the new heroes are I'm also hoping that none of them have abilities tied to all 3 heroes being the same sphere. I mean it would be cool to use I'm sure but it would really limit deck building as they would be pigeon holed into one archetype 

#17 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:26 AM

Pharmboys2013 said:

Additionally whomever the new heroes are I'm also hoping that none of them have abilities tied to all 3 heroes being the same sphere. I mean it would be cool to use I'm sure but it would really limit deck building as they would be pigeon holed into one archetype 

Well the new lore one does.

(Although it still works okay with 2 lore heroes imo)

#18 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

Rapier said:

Pharmboys2013 said:

Well the new lore one does.

(Although it still works okay with 2 lore heroes imo)

so I see haha. Oh well. I'm glad the card art is awesome so ill still try and use her.

#19 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

You should give your count an update. It's a good resource.

#20 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

Ok, haha.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS