Emperor Palpatine

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Norsehound

Norsehound

• Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

I think every line of dialogue between Anakin and Padme (certainly in episode 1) should be followed by the sound of klonking balsa wood. If the characterization is so wooden, might as well drive the point home.

I think between Jar Jar and the Anakin-Padme dialogue, I'd say it's the romance subplot. Jar-Jar was significantly downplayed over the next two movies but the romance was kinda key to the prequel plot.

#42 Rodent Mastermind

Rodent Mastermind

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

The fact that the CGI Anakin and Padme are far less wooden is worrying. I actually found myself emphasizing with the CGI version.

#43 Ken at Sunrise

Ken at Sunrise

• Members
  • 748 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:25 AM

Funny, I actually thought the relationship between Anakin and Padme on the animated series Clone Wars was far more in depth, had better dialogue and better story line than the movies.

#44 nimdabew

nimdabew

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

That's a cool idea Norsehound!

You could make it a "Force on Force" style upgrade: The Emperor selects a Rebel ship and rolls a "Force" Attack at say strength 9 (9 red Attack dice) and counts all hits and crits.  The Rebel ship rolls a number of green dice equal to their Pilot Skill, needing evades to cancel the Force Attack.  Certain pilots with a strong affinity for the Force, ie: Luke could also count Focus results.  If the Emperor wins the "Force Duel" he prevents their actions.

This just brought up another important character…. Obi Wan Kenobi!

So if you have ideas for him tas well hen please include them here.

The last thing this game needs is a 40k Mind War.

#45 nimdabew

nimdabew

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

OH yeah: Natalie Portman.

#46 Viceroy Bolda

Viceroy Bolda

• Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

Force push.  The emperor may "force" an enemy ship at range one to barrel role according to his design.  Enemy suffers one damage.  

Bulldog

"What's 'e going to do?  Nibble my bum?"

#47 DB Draft

DB Draft

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

That's a cool idea Norsehound!

You could make it a "Force on Force" style upgrade: The Emperor selects a Rebel ship and rolls a "Force" Attack at say strength 9 (9 red Attack dice) and counts all hits and crits.  The Rebel ship rolls a number of green dice equal to their Pilot Skill, needing evades to cancel the Force Attack.  Certain pilots with a strong affinity for the Force, ie: Luke could also count Focus results.  If the Emperor wins the "Force Duel" he prevents their actions.

This just brought up another important character…. Obi Wan Kenobi!

So if you have ideas for him tas well hen please include them here.

The last thing this game needs is a 40k Mind War.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about...I don't play 40K.   If you think that the mystical Force is something that is important then please suggest how you would use it in the game.  There are enough weird and dodgy game mechanics already so there is always room for more.

Viceroy Bolda:  Yes that sounds like a good suggestion.  Barrel rolling a ship into an asteroid would give extra "style" points!

Edited by DB Draft, 12 September 2013 - 08:51 PM.

Nerfherder in Training

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS