Emperor Palpatine

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 DB Draft

DB Draft

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

I would amend Obi Wan Kenobi's ability as for 7 points it should be pretty good:

"The Force will be with you, always"

A ship with Obi Wan Kenobi can select one enemy ship and look at their maneuver dial before they pick their own maneuver.  The ship then gains a free focus token.

Nerfherder in Training

#22 KineticOperator

KineticOperator

• Members
  • 747 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

Emperor Palpatine:  Undefeatable.  

"Yes, I assure you, we are quite safe from your friends here."

8 points.  Action:  Select one Imperial Ship.  All shots miss vs. that ship this turn, regardless of dice results.  At the end of the turn, destroy that ship anyway.

"Your overconfidence is your weakness."

Edited by KineticOperator, 29 August 2013 - 01:54 PM.

• GrandMoffMatt and Boomer_J like this

#23 Sprolly G

Sprolly G

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

Norsehound said:

I still don't think it's worth it to pile a lot of words and verbage on the Emperor. This is only an upgrade card, not a pilot in hismelf. Plus in this game less is more after all… Vader is among the most powerful darkside users in the galactic civil war, and his force ability is to take two actions.

Anyway, have fun.

Our pal friendpatine here can't stop passive upgrade abilities (like droids), but you can't have everything. Basically he can lock out all actions and upgrade cards which activate on an Action:(so and so)

You forgot to add:

Discard this card if the user does not cackle quietly to himself after every use.

Rebels:
5 X-Wing's; 4 Y-Wing's; 4 A-Wing's; 2 B-wing's; 1 HWK-290; 1 YT-1300
Empire:
8 Tie Fighter's; 5 Tie Interceptor's; 4 Tie Advanced; 2 Tie Bomber's; 1 Lambda; 1 Firespray

#24 ForceM

ForceM

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

Looks like we won't get Palpatine, but Vader as a crewmember with the shuttle (someone wrote this in the new ships thread at least), but afaik there was already a thread with ideas for that scenario some time ago, right?

But i would like to see new speculations about what that one does!

#25 Ken at Sunrise

Ken at Sunrise

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

executor said:

not gonna lie.. some of these left field ideas are silly… just silly!

Ewoks defeating Stormtroopers silly? or Jar Jar Binks silly?

Ewoks defeating Stormtroppers was silly; Jar Jar Binks was dumb.

#26 Rodent Mastermind

Rodent Mastermind

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

executor said:

Having watched a lot of the Clone Wars, my only conclusion is Jar Jar is some kind of Force Master. There is no way he could do half of the rubbish he managed without having Yoda like powers.

Edited by Rodent Mastermind, 29 August 2013 - 07:54 AM.

#27 Ken at Sunrise

Ken at Sunrise

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:00 AM

executor said:

Having watched a lot of the Clone Wars, my only conclusion is Jar Jar is some kind of Force Master. There is no way he could do half of the rubbish he managed without having Yoda like powers.

Oddly enough after the second movie (Empire Strikes Back) where they mentioned the "other" I thought it was Han for similar reasons.

No matter how hard he 'seemed' to try he couldn't escape his fate, his destiny so to speak.  Sigh... it was not to be, but it would have been cool.

#28 Rodent Mastermind

Rodent Mastermind

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:07 AM

Oddly enough after the second movie (Empire Strikes Back) where they mentioned the "other" I thought it was Han for similar reasons.

No matter how hard he 'seemed' to try he couldn't escape his fate, his destiny so to speak.  Sigh... it was not to be, but it would have been cool.

I believe later on they did hint that Hans was slightly force attuned.

#29 Rodent Mastermind

Rodent Mastermind

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

Anyhow... I think this is about right

JarJarStinks.png

• RookiePilot likes this

#30 Hexis

Hexis

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:34 AM

In the X-Wing books there was discussion about the effect he had in battle on all the Imperial forces.  Kinda of like battle mediation, just less so.  More like a (non-game) focus across the entire force.  I'm thinking something like 10 points and any ship in range 3 can turn a focus into a hit.  It would have to be expensive like that to balance it, but also be long range to be thematically accurate.

• jasonkw likes this

#31 Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

Anyhow... I think this is about right

JarJarStinks.png

i WOULD USE IT!!

X-Wing Imperials:  8 Tie Fighter's, 2 Tie Advanced, 4 Tie Interceptor's, 4 Royal Guard Tie Interceptor's, 2 Firespray 31's, 2 Shuttle's, 5 Tie Bomber's, 1 Tie Defender, 1 Tie Phantom

X-Wing Rebels:  7 X-Wing's, 2 Y-Wing's, 4 A-Wing's, 2 YT-1300's, 4 B-Wing's, 3 Hawk 290's, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 Corellian Corvette

Dust Tactics:  Koshka Premium Starter Set

#32 KineticOperator

KineticOperator

• Members
  • 747 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

Jar Jar Binks -

At the beginning of the game, destroy Jar Jar.  Take this card and any associated miniatures, stomp/smash/burn them until they cannot be recognized and are beyond any possibility of repair.  You win the game.

#33 GrandMoffMatt

GrandMoffMatt

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

Jar Jar Binks:

"Yousa Losea"

Burn this card.  Forget the Prequels existed.  Han shoots first at all times.

#34 Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

I beg to differ.  Theres a lot of prequel haters and I dont understand it.  Obi Wan vs Anakin was the best fight scene ever.  Darth Maul was awesome.  Palpatine and his games were scandalous.  Ok, Jar Jar kinda sucked, but he had his place.  How bout you ask your kids about him.  Bet you they love him.  That is why he was there.

X-Wing Imperials:  8 Tie Fighter's, 2 Tie Advanced, 4 Tie Interceptor's, 4 Royal Guard Tie Interceptor's, 2 Firespray 31's, 2 Shuttle's, 5 Tie Bomber's, 1 Tie Defender, 1 Tie Phantom

X-Wing Rebels:  7 X-Wing's, 2 Y-Wing's, 4 A-Wing's, 2 YT-1300's, 4 B-Wing's, 3 Hawk 290's, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 Corellian Corvette

Dust Tactics:  Koshka Premium Starter Set

#35 Syleh Forge

Syleh Forge

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:21 AM

I beg to differ.  Theres a lot of prequel haters and I dont understand it.  Obi Wan vs Anakin was the best fight scene ever.  Darth Maul was awesome.  Palpatine and his games were scandalous.  Ok, Jar Jar kinda sucked, but he had his place.  How bout you ask your kids about him.  Bet you they love him.  That is why he was there.

Yes.

8 X-wings, 7 A-wings, 4 Y-wings, 2 YT-1300, 4 B-wings,  2HWK-290, 3 E-wings, 3 Z-95's, 1 Transport, 1 CR-90

14 Tie Fighters, 13 Interceptors, 3 Advanced, 4 Firesprays, 4 Bombers, 3 Defenders, 3 Phantoms, 1 Lambda

#36 KineticOperator

KineticOperator

• Members
  • 747 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

I don't hate everything about the prequels.  I hate:

#1 :  Jar Jar Binks.  A racists interpretation of a childrens character.  I am not sure if he was supposed to be amusing, but he ruins or attempts to ruin every scene he is in.

#2 :  Young Annakin.  I don't know if the character is really that bad, because I can't see the character past the intensely awful "acting" by Jake Lloyd.

#3 : Silly combat droids.  These things are mechanized, self aware machines whose purpose is to go places and kill people.  But for some reason, I am supposed to square that mentally with silly stick-men saying "Uh-oh" and "Roger, roger".

Star Wars doesn't need to be an unending dark world filled with horror, but George Lucas made so much money on toys between the original trilogy and the launch of the prequels he thought his movies were for 6 year olds.  Fix these incredibly immersion crushing missteps, and his prequels would have been great.

#37 GrandMoffMatt

GrandMoffMatt

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

I've made my choice  ::Homer Simpson voice::

#38 Orien45

Orien45

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Very nice cards, however I would really reconsider having the FFG© LFL© on there.

#39 jedi moose

jedi moose

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

I don't hate everything about the prequels.  I hate:

#1 :  Jar Jar Binks.  A racists interpretation of a childrens character.  I am not sure if he was supposed to be amusing, but he ruins or attempts to ruin every scene he is in.

#2 :  Young Annakin.  I don't know if the character is really that bad, because I can't see the character past the intensely awful "acting" by Jake Lloyd.

#3 : Silly combat droids.  These things are mechanized, self aware machines whose purpose is to go places and kill people.  But for some reason, I am supposed to square that mentally with silly stick-men saying "Uh-oh" and "Roger, roger".

Star Wars doesn't need to be an unending dark world filled with horror, but George Lucas made so much money on toys between the original trilogy and the launch of the prequels he thought his movies were for 6 year olds.  Fix these incredibly immersion crushing missteps, and his prequels would have been great.

Agree with you on those points. But I'll add a fourth thing that makes me cringe. Any and Every Padme and Anakin Romance scene ever.

Anakin: "Are you an Angel?" 

Anakin: If you are suffering as much as I am, please tell me.

Padme: I can't... We can't... It's not possible.

Padme: It must be difficult having sworn your life to the Jedi... not being able to visit the places you like... or do the things you like.

Anakin: Or be with the people I love.

Padme: Are you allowed to love? I thought that was forbidden for a Jedi.

Actually come to think of it the acting and script for these 2 characters was pretty horrible no matter what they were taking about, but the romance dialog in particular was what really killed it for me. Even worse than Jar Jar. At least JarJar and Young Anakin were limited to Episode I for the most part

EDIT: I forgot the worst 1.

Anakin: Don't be afraid.

Padme: I'm not afraid to die. I've been dying a little bit each day since you came back into my life.

Anakin: What are you talking about?

Padme: I love you.

Anakin: You love me? I thought we had decided not to fall in love. That we'd be forced to live a lie and that it would destroy our lives.

Padme: I think our lives are about to be destroyed anyway. I truly... deeply... love you and before we die I want you to know.

WHY!!!!!

Edited by jedi moose, 10 September 2013 - 04:48 PM.

• KineticOperator likes this

#40 Caedus

Caedus

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

I'm seconding kid Anakin. But I find his acting even more annoying than Jar Jar- he over emphasises so many random syllables and phrases! Drives me nuts!
The Fleet:
5 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wings, 2 A-Wings, 2 YT-1300, 3 B-Wings, 3 HWK-290, 4 Z-95, 3 E-Wings, 1 GR-75, 1 CR90
6 TIE/Ln, 2 TIE/X1, 5 TIE/In, 3 Firespray-31, 4 TIE/Sa, 2 Lambda-class Shuttles, 3 TIE/D, 3 TIE/Phantom

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS