• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MakoCLoud

MakoCLoud

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:47 AM

Hi Guys,

Two friends and me want to play another Round, but instead of 1 House for the players, we want to play it with two houses each.

I have read a few solutions on other websites, and found that the combinations Stark/Tyrell, Baratheon/Lannister and Greyjoy/Martell are a good and balanced Variant.

Now my question, has anybody played of you tested this idea and can tell if it is worth to play it or to say no to this idea?

Greetings MakoCLoud

#2 SerKurszewski

SerKurszewski

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:47 AM

Me and a couple friends played with those house combinations, and it worked out pretty well. It went all the way to round 8 and seemed balanced enough.

#3 MakoCLoud

MakoCLoud

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

Today we finished this Varaint, and i must say it is perfect. Until round 6/7 it was very close but in the end it was clear that lannister/baratheon triumph because this player defeated the Capitals of Martell(sunspear) and Greyjoy(Pyke).

Its very exiting and we do not expected such a good battle for the Iron Throne, but it this Variant it is more Important than in the normal Variant that you gain Treaties and do not get one of the 2 last places on the Kings Court influence track which happened to me.(Stark/Tyrell)

#4 MakoCLoud

MakoCLoud

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

To add something, after a few rounds we must say, that it is nearly imposible to win with Stark/Tyrell without treaties, because with Tyrell you are closed in by Martell, Lannister and Baratheon and with Stark you have problems to go south of Moat Cailin, because you get punished by Greyjoy.

You have to get a Treaty and get in the first positions on the influence tracks od you will lose nearly many Castles and Strongholds.

To add a statistic:

In 4 rounds, three times Greyjoy/Martell wins and only one time Baratheon/Lannister.In all wins Greyjoy/Martell has won the Game until Round 8

Greeting MakoCLoud

#5 Staurty

Staurty

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:17 AM

How about mixing the matches a bit with Stark/Tyrell, Greyjoy/Baratheon, Lannister/Martell

Does that sound any more balanced?

#6 MakoCLoud

MakoCLoud

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

The problem is that Tyrell always is closed in by 3 sides, so i would say you shold take Tyrell with Lannister/Baratheon because then Martell plays with Greyjoy(as before) and Stark with Lannister/Baratheon.

In this situation Tyrell is not closed in completely and can get help from Lannister/Baratheon

#7 SF-Serbia

SF-Serbia

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

Hi Guys,

Two friends and me want to play another Round, but instead of 1 House for the players, we want to play it with two houses each.

I have read a few solutions on other websites, and found that the combinations Stark/Tyrell, Baratheon/Lannister and Greyjoy/Martell are a good and balanced Variant.

Now my question, has anybody played of you tested this idea and can tell if it is worth to play it or to say no to this idea?

Greetings MakoCLoud

I am willing to try it as a 2 player game. Each would get 2 houses, and The Conquest for Westeros begins... I am even making some rules for it, for quite some time

#8 ruferto

ruferto

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:19 AM

Hi Guys,

Greetings MakoCLoud

Hi,

I was looking for ideas for a 3p game and I found this thread. Great!
It looks interesting but I have a lot of questions. 

- Do you play two times each turn? Once with one house and another time with another house?
- Can you attack your second house? 
- Can you use your second house's ships with your first house?
- Can you play your second house's cards with your first house?
- Do you make two bids, one for each house?
- How do you win the game? 

Maybe all these questions are answered in the original thread (the place where you find this variant). If you could share the link it would be easier.

Thank you.

#9 MakoCLoud

MakoCLoud

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:10 AM

Hi ruferto i found this in the comments on the german amazon site.

To answer your questions:

Each house is playing in every round(you have to set up your tokens with both houses)

You cant attack your other house, but support it in a combat

You cant use your second house ships, not for marchin over ships or combat...

You can only use your own cards not from the second house

You make two bids, one for each house

You win exactly as with one house per player, but instead of 7 strongholda and castles, you need 9(trust me this is not as easy as it seems)

Thanks for your questions

Greetings MakoCLoud

Edited by MakoCLoud, 05 September 2013 - 05:11 AM.

#10 ruferto

ruferto

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:22 AM

Very interesting, thank you very much MakoCLoud!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS