• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

Is it possible ? 

I'm a new player so not experienced, but even the fact I start with only two heroes makes me feel it is unbeatable when playing alone. I lose after 5-6 rounds (all heroes dead or one dead and the other close) 

Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

#2 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

Forgot to mention I have only Core set 

Lord of all Noldor

#3 gatharion

gatharion

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:29 AM

With only the core set… hrm I'm leaning towards "no".

My breakdown of Escape From Dol Guldur with only the core set is like this:

One Player- Nigh impossible.

Two Players- Extremely difficult

Three Players- Moderately hard, but usually manageable

Four Players- Not a sure victory, but pretty dang easy

With a larger card pool it is still very difficult, but certainly doable. In my experience it can come down to which of your heroes is the captured one.

#4 Maggical

Maggical

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:24 AM

Not sure about doing it with only a Core Set, but if you want to take a look at the deck I posted I can beat it like 70% of times with it usually:

http://www.fantasyfl...=4&efidt=736831

Javier

#5 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

Original Taurababe Brand In Stock ! 2013 Retail Fashion Baby Romper For winter cotton children kids jumpsuit 3m-2yrs

http://www.aliexpres..._718771283.html

#6 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

Maggical said:

Not sure about doing it with only a Core Set, but if you want to take a look at the deck I posted I can beat it like 70% of times with it usually:

http://www.fantasyfl...=4&efidt=736831

Javier

I had already viewed your post … it is that I do not have the packs that contain o lot of these cards :)

Thx anyway, I think I will jump towards the hunt for Gollum 

Lord of all Noldor

#7 diogodsr

diogodsr

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

If i have only core set, so i never be able to beat this s cenarino? D
dawn

#8 Alex6222

Alex6222

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:38 AM

If you mean that you only have the 1 core set and nothing else, yeah i guess a win would be extremely difficult and lucky. With a bigger card pool is perfectly doable. I have a 50% win against it with my Elven Alliance deck, but it uses many cards of other expansions. You could try double-handed, it is still tough but more doable.

#9 Olorin93

Olorin93

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

I beat this solo, but it was a while ago... sometime earlier this year. I used Elrond, Aragorn [Lore] and Glorfindel [Spirit]. Kept playing allies with Elrond/Vilya/Stargazer. Aragorn was the captured hero. Glorfindel and allies like Haldir and Gildor made short work of the Nazgûl. Finished with all heroes and most allies intact.

Beat this in a 3-player game once too, with the same heroes. My 2 friends were defeated, but we were on the last stage and I kept going and pulled it off. But it is considered one of the toughest solo quests, and if you only have the core set cards so far, it may be nigh-impossible to beat. Good luck with it!

Edited by Olorin93, 13 December 2013 - 09:42 AM.

• Dwarf king Bronze beard likes this

#10 Boris_the_Dwarf

Boris_the_Dwarf

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

FFG's challenge level rating for this scenario is a 7, and while that rating system has never been fully explained, it's logical to conclude that the rating is based on the idea of having only the one core set, and that it is assumed there are at least 2 players. I tend to add 2 to every rating when it's just me, and I suspect based on my years of playing this game that the rating is determined on the idea that a person has just the one core set and whatever expansion pack of cards are included with that particular product.

That being said, I have 3 core sets and 1 of everything else and have never been able to beat EfDG by myself. People who are familiar with my posts know that I have a relatively standard solo deck which does well against just about everything else that the designers have ever thrown at us (Heir to Numenor notwithstanding - I really despise the Battle keyword). My latest attempt over the weekend was the closest I have ever come, using Spirit Glorfindel, Eowyn, and Denethor. Eowyn was captured and I made it all the way to stage 3. I even managed to heal the damage from all my characters. But I couldn't defeat the Nazgul enemy before I reached 40 threat, and I got pummeled a couple of turns into the final stage. I may try again later this week.

Good luck in your endeavor!

#11 Dwarf king Bronze beard

Dwarf king Bronze beard

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:47 AM

There is small chance to beat this guest i won this with 49 (i tried this like 100 times before i completed this) threat level but its kind of bad, because i dont remember anytihgn else than that i used 3 heroes and one of them was Eowyn.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS