Commanders and Weapons

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stricknine

Stricknine

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

I am curious as to what to do with commanders who have weapons and participate in a battle. Banners of war cites, "When a standing commander is in an area in which friendly units are resolving a battle, he provdes the ability listed on his Commander card." This makes it seem like giving a weapon to the commander pointless except for when being confronted by an enemy commander in a duel. Wouldn't it make sense to allow for the weapons to be used for the commander even in battle?

#2 Stricknine

Stricknine

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

Also, as another quick question, does anyone know what other heroes can be added to complete this game other than those from dungeonquest?

#3 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:55 AM

Letting commanders use their weapons in battle would probably be a bit too strong, many of the weapons are very powerful.  However, giving a commander a weapon isn't a bad idea, since they can often be the target of an assassination attempt by another hero.  Also, while commanders can't quest, they CAN go fight other heroes.

As for what other heroes there are, the only "official" heroes are:

- The base game's 12 heroes

- The 8 heroes from Banners of War

- The 6 heroes from DungeonQuest

- The 4 "promo" heroes: Jonas the Kind, Nara the Fang, Tobin Farslayer, and Truthseer Kel.  These are hard to find, though.

However, I've made a bunch of "custom" heroes that incorporate the heroes from the Descent 1E and Runebound expansions.  You can find them here:
http://boardgamegeek...2/custom-heroes

However, you may want to hold off; I just made some updates, and I need to get them ready for upload.  The new update will also include the 6 heroes from Mists of Zenaga.

(I think next I'm going to try making hero cards for the Descent 2E heroes).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS