This is becoming a JOKE!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Demonknights

Demonknights

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

Right getting the Hump here in the UK with alot of other players.

WERES ALL THE STOCK

I ve hunted high and low and all i can find are stupid Falcons and Slave 1's.

With the UK Nationals on the 25th May, FFG you need to sort out stock NOW!

WE NEED WAVE 1 and WAVE 2.

I need personaly The X-wing, A-wing and Tie fighter packs but no the stores dont have em, the suppliers dont have em, the HOLE OF €OPE Dont have em infact i am not even sure THE U,S Have em.

PLEASE PLEASE GET STOCK HERE SOON AS ITS GETTING TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT.

There is a rumor that the 15th is when stock will be heading our way but thats no good, the stores wont get em for another 7-10 days after WHAT A JOKE!

#2 DingusFett

DingusFett

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

Demonknights said:

Right getting the Hump here in the UK with alot of other players.

WERES ALL THE STOCK

I ve hunted high and low and all i can find are stupid Falcons and Slave 1's.

With the UK Nationals on the 25th May, FFG you need to sort out stock NOW!

WE NEED WAVE 1 and WAVE 2.

I need personaly The X-wing, A-wing and Tie fighter packs but no the stores dont have em, the suppliers dont have em, the HOLE OF €OPE Dont have em infact i am not even sure THE U,S Have em.

PLEASE PLEASE GET STOCK HERE SOON AS ITS GETTING TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT.

There is a rumor that the 15th is when stock will be heading our way but thats no good, the stores wont get em for another 7-10 days after WHAT A JOKE!

Relax man, tried online retailers? Even if not had luck there, relax it's only a game. I'm sure their giving the good people manufacturing them in China a good whipping to make them hurry up and work harder; and probably holding out so they can give distributors a good amount of stock when they ship them rather than giving them out as they're ready and having people complain that they had only a very small amount of stock.

#3 Demonknights

Demonknights

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:02 AM

Were just all getting a little stressed  as the UK never got any large stocks in the first place and the timing for the next restock is bad jew jew being so close to the national event date, I ve tried everywere online as well no one has anything apart from the Falcon and Slave. Even the very few there might be are stinging the ass out of people on ebay, i saw a opened X-Wing Exp pack sell for £35 must have been another stress head wanting it for the Nationals. The problem we have is we need to submit our lists b4 the 6th of May aswell so building squads has been a nightmare. 

#4 wikkid_devil

wikkid_devil

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:27 AM

Where in the UK are you. I saw a core set on Thursday in Bedford.

#5 SunDancerGE

SunDancerGE

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:34 AM

In Germany it's the same. Try getting something is a pita! Ebay provides some items, but mostly starters or "big packs"

I can understand that high quality hand-painted minis can't be cloned but the droplets that arrive in the retailchain are rediculous.

There are plenty of people wanting to sink money in it and they can't because it's nowhere to be fund.

Not to mention that the first (!!!) Game Night Kits have not arrived here. Wanting to do promotion and gameplaydemo? Great! Here is a big bunch of nothing to help you. (Except the pdfs)

Stop teasing people with a third wave when everybody still urges for wave #1 and #2! Divert Assets!

#6 Rich J

Rich J

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:02 AM

It's bad in the uk and Europe. I was on a stand at Salte who had got stock from a distributor in the states and sold it all for them in an hour. People were walking off with 15 expansions for them and their mates. Even then there was no x wing expansions.

it does seem crazy as the game is getting very popular over here. But then I suspect if FFG could do anything about it they would.

A bad session of gaming is still better than a good day at work!

My Star Wars and general life blog for anyone bored enough:

http://zephyrcorpdreadball.weebly.com/

#7 Tuknir

Tuknir

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:38 AM

I got my wave 1 & 2 expansions from Amazon.co.uk - admittedly with a delay on wave 2, but they did deliver.  However I could also have purchased them from a local retailer in Brighton.  Last time I was there - about a fortnight ago - they still had he base set and wave 2 expansions at normal prices.  So they are out there, you just need to go looking!

N.

#8 KineticOperator

KineticOperator

• Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

My local FLGS has them.  Phil Thompson in Kansas City has them.

I dont know if they have an online presence, but there are certainly ships out there to be found.

#9 commuterzombie

commuterzombie

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:23 AM

I feel your pain, I really had to hunt for everything bar the core set and Falcon/Slave 1. To help you out I just checked where I managed to get my ships a couple of weeks ago but they all seem to be sold out.

Only place I can think to check in the UK now is:

http://www.cliftonro...ng/starwars.htm

The website's not very useful but if you drop Steven a mail at mail AT cliftonroadgames.co.uk (address edited so that he doesn't get spammed) he might have some stuff in stock Failing that all I can suggest is try a 2 * YT-1300 list, Han shoots first or a 3 * Firespray list!

I'm really looking forwards to the restock, it will be nice to finally get the TIE expansion, Howlrunner etc.

#10 oneofmany

oneofmany

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:25 AM

Hallo, strange my online retailer got some stock left http://www.offlinega...tar_wars_x_wing IT is in the Netherlands Thanks One

#11 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:47 AM

http://www.beyondcom...t-us/locations/  This is a local store for me, I called and asked if they will ship to England.  They do.  They have plenty of the Wave 1 expansions in stock (as of 3/25).  Hopefully this helps some.  Good luck, Ron.   PS: they  do all their mailorder through their Frederick store location.

#12 esmolinski

esmolinski

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:06 AM

Have you tried internet places in the UK dedicated more to CCGs? I just checked two of the largest Magic sites, trollandtoad.com and cardkingdom.com and both have very limited amounts of the small ship expansions as well as core sets. Not sure what the equivelant is in The UK, but you might want to try there. There are also A-Wings available at miniaturemarket.com and coolstuffinc.com, although I'm not sure if you want to pay the higher shipping costs plus the high amount of taxes you would have to pay for items coming international (this topic has been brought up before and the taxes seem to really high to get items shipped in from the USA).

#13 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

No stock?  I was just at a store yesterday and they had multiple core games and booster packs, including a lone A-wing, four Interceptors, and about a dozen each of Falcons and Firesprays.

I picked up another TIEe Advanced, Y-wing, and Falcon.

Enimo Et Fide

#14 Megawombat

Megawombat

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

Clifton Road Games (in Exeter, UK) does have stock in of most models (including Core sets) as of last Thursday and had enough such that I doubt he's sold out. Might be missing some models but certainly had most of them. Give Steve a ring (or drop an email).

#15 Rich J

Rich J

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

I have a feeling most people are after the x and tie expansions for the cards and pilots. They are near to impossible to find. 

A bad session of gaming is still better than a good day at work!

My Star Wars and general life blog for anyone bored enough:

http://zephyrcorpdreadball.weebly.com/

#16 commuterzombie

commuterzombie

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

Unfortunately shipping costs and custom duties make shipping stuff in from the US impractical - you easily double the price of the expansions that way - then there's the wait on top.

#17 wblackthorn

wblackthorn

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

marquee models in harlow has stock of A-wings and was selling them for £11.99 last week they do mail order and there phone number is

good luck

#18 Cid_MCDP

Cid_MCDP

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:31 AM

Take this for what it's worth OP, but I've had a big enough traffic spike on TheMetalBikini.com the past few weeks from Germany that I have to believe those guys got some shipments in. If you've got any contacts in Vaderland, you might try that. 

Also, in case you were curious, yeah- my UK traffic has dropped steadily the past month or so. I don't think you're the only one frustrated by availablity on the island. 

#19 RedWilde

RedWilde

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:25 AM

I've been keeping an eye on Amazon.de to try to get some TIE Abfangjäger, but no sign of them yet.

#20 Cid_MCDP

Cid_MCDP

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

Ah, bummer man. 

Maybe FFG will make some kind of announcement or at least implication this weekend. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS