Photo

Regarding the Shadows of a Black Sun adventure.

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#21 Gallandro

Gallandro

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:02 AM

Yup, got my copy on the way. There are a lot if great items you can pick up for $15 from them. Just be aware the item has to total $15 or more minus the shipping charges. Yancy

#22 akbrowncoat

akbrowncoat

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

Sold out at two stores that particpated,…and sold out at Noble Knight Games. Here is to FFG posting it on the site as a free pdf download.  heh.

"It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority." -Benjamin Franklin

"Concentrated power is not rendered harmless by the good intentions of those who create it." -Milton Friedman

#23 bobfrankly

bobfrankly

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:28 AM

Picked it up at my FLGS, ran it that night with two friends in town (brand new to tabletop RPGs) and another friend who had played the beginner box (also pretty new to tabletop RPGs). A great time was had by all, and the trandoshan leaping over a firey pit of molten metal to tackle a particular jetpacking opponent was the highlight of the game. Two triumphs were on that roll, so he crushed the jetpack and the blaster upon landing.

THANKS FFG! =D

#24 Scott McFarland

Scott McFarland

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

Played this at my FLGS. Great fun. Got a copy to take home. Even more fun. 

Thanks for a quality product FFG. Keep 'em coming.

#25 daddystabz

daddystabz

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

I am so upset because apparently all the stores in my area (Columbus, Ohio) are too cheap to participate.  Not a single one.  As a result, I missed out on both items I wanted.  One of the stores in my area advertised they were going to participate then when I called them on the 15th I was told they didn't realize it was on the same weekend as Origins so they went to Origins instead.

#26 Cilionelle

Cilionelle

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

Sorry to hear that, Stabzy, but we down here don't even have stores.  Heck, we don't even have *a* store…

"There is no point to owning a copy of the rules if you aren't committed to actually reading them."

#27 ugavine

ugavine

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:11 PM

I do have a LGS but they were told by their supplier they had ran out of Free RPG Day products so couldn't have anything.

FFG did sent the store some copies of Shadows of a Black Sun, but despite being first in the queue (and having all EOTE on pre-order along with going to the store Saturday to buy other RPGs) I was not allowed one!!! 

I've been a completist of Star Wars RPGs since 1987 and have been a FFG customer for many years buying board games and 40K RPGs, so not very happy I now cannot get a physical copy of this.  Very upset.

#28 Jaysin1414

Jaysin1414

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:50 AM

ugavine said:

I do have a LGS but they were told by their supplier they had ran out of Free RPG Day products so couldn't have anything.

FFG did sent the store some copies of Shadows of a Black Sun, but despite being first in the queue (and having all EOTE on pre-order along with going to the store Saturday to buy other RPGs) I was not allowed one!!! 

I've been a completist of Star Wars RPGs since 1987 and have been a FFG customer for many years buying board games and 40K RPGs, so not very happy I now cannot get a physical copy of this.  Very upset.

It's not a perfect solution for you, but people are already selling them on ebay. You could always do that if you don't feel like waiting to see if FFG will release it again with another product. I would imagine that the PDF will show up here shortly, but if you need the hardcopy, I think you're going to have to find one on ebay.

Sorry.

#29 Darkin

Darkin

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:54 AM

Most of the games stores I frequent didn't participate in Free RPG day.  I ended up driving down to Broomfield, CO to Total Escape Games on west 120th.  We ran the adventure, and I learned the rules.  I really liked the game.  Looking to find people to play with.

#30 Gallandro

Gallandro

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

Noble Knight has it back in stock: http://www.nobleknig...12_A_GenreID_E_

#31 daddystabz

daddystabz

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

Unfortunately, Noble Knight appears to be out of stock again.

#32 daddystabz

daddystabz

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:27 AM

Anyone found any online retailer that has it in stock today? I don't want to have to pay $15-$20 on EBay.

#33 gwek

gwek

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

I picked up a copy at Noble Knight games (hopefully! It's not in hand yet…) this morning, at around 10:30. If you don't find another venue, I'd recommend checking the site on a regular basis.

#34 Gallandro

Gallandro

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

I would check back over the next week as Noble Knight appears to replenish their stock in the morning.  So far they have had more stock Sunday, Monday and Tuesday morning, but they are quickly gone by midday.  Just got my order yesterday and I must say it's an outstanding introductory adventure that introduces a couple of memorable contacts and adversaries who could easily reappear in your future adventures.

Good stuff.

Yancy

#35 Darth Hideous

Darth Hideous

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

I also have my fingers crossed for a pdf version – It is a bit more “complicated” (the shipping cost and customs) to order from Noble Knight Games when you live outside the US.

You, my children, are the water that will wash away all that has gone before. In your hand, you hold my light, the gleam in the eye of Set. This flame will burn away the darkness, burn you the way to paradise!

#36 jac74

jac74

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

If get a open spot to your play by post game. I would love give it a try to play by post 

#37 Kintaro1

Kintaro1

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

Good lord……the mod is at$31 on eBay!

#38 strongarm85

strongarm85

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

Someone tell me how legit this is.

--Inserting space for minor spoilers--

I was running the adventure on Free RPG day. The players had just  managed to gain control of the speeder and were discussing their options when one of them suggested, "Turn on the left blinker and turn right!"

So I asked the Pilot, "Is that what you want to do?"

He said, "Sure!"

So I handed him his dice (1 Ability and 2 Prophicency dice) and had him roll against 2 difficulty dice and a challenge die. If the  Dispair had come up, I would have had it collide with another speeder and go into the same crash scenario where the player characters fail to regain control of the speeder.

He rolled 4 Successes and a Triumph.

I took a moment to collect myself and said, "The Persuing Swoop gang has no idea where you went!"

#39 strongarm85

strongarm85

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

I had a blast running the game on Free RPG Day! I ran it at Comic/book hobby store in Conway called the Bat Cave.

The guys I ran it with actually want to continue the story and evolve it into a full campaign.

The system was fun to run and the players had had fun playing it. All in all things went great. I can't wait for the core rulebook and the GM screen to come  out!

#40 MrDodger

MrDodger

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:35 AM

Another vote for a legit copy from somewhere. Nowhere near me is a participating store.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS