PvP combat is very unbalanced with default rules

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Irx

Irx

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

Due to the 3 successes per dice for attacker vs 2 successes for defender (w/o cards).

For example in a siege with 5 attacking armies vs. 4 defending on a 3-power province with a fort, a chance to win as a defender is just 16% (averaged from 100k combat simulations).

5 attackers vs 5 defenders on a 4 province (maximum possible defence), gives a 30% chance for the defender, and 26% if there is no fort.

What do you think?

#2 azjerei

azjerei

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

Strategy Cards, Kingdom Cards etc.

You need to really plan ahead and anticipate if you're gonna be attacked, and stack up on these kinds of cards.

Though, I'll only say one thing: Turanian Immortals, nothing like 'em.

#3 Cimmeria

Cimmeria

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:50 AM

Also, ties go to the defender. I don't know how that adds statistically. Also, defender keeps rolling at least the province's strength while defender can go down to two or even one die.

What ends up happening in my games is that the attrition files away a big chunk of the attacker's army. Even if he/she wins the conflict and takes the province from me, he/she'll be very weak and prone to attack from adjacent provinces.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS