Search For Skywalker - Spoilers

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

Well now you're talking about a situation where the DS got 2 big units out (I'd contend that they can't really do that "easily," but it is indeed possible).  It will indeed take a bit more of a combo than a single Loyalist to handle that start, true.

#62 The Gas

The Gas

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

I can see potential for some pretty sick Leia shenanigans, with Renegade Squadron around to rescue her every turn…

#63 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

You can only rescue her if she is at the engaged objective.

#64 Hida77

Hida77

• Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

TGO said:

You can only rescue her if she is at the engaged objective.

Ok? So really all you are saying is that you might not be able to double attack *AND* rescue her in the same turn unless you are playing Wookie Navigator or your opponent makes a mistake.  That totally bursts his bubble, I'm sure.  Honestly, I would rather attack. then kill her to have my entire team to defend with as well, then rescue her next turn, which you can totally do.  It gets kinda silly if you get both Leias as well.

I already forsee Han/Chewie/Lando/Renegade Sqaudron/Leia as a deck once Edge comes out (and thats assuming theres not even better stuff that we arent aware of), and it has a lot of tricks just based on what has been previewed already. Chewie's set protects Leia until you want her to "die" and all the other sets take huge advantage of it. and help you get her back. Sounds like a plan, espcially given the amount of tactics icon bouncing and damage output Smugglers have already.

2013 Star Wars: The Card Game Worlds Top 16

X-Wing Ships:

8xX-wing, 4xB-Wing, 2xYT-1300, 4xY-Wing, 4xA-Wing, 2xHWK-290, 3xE-Wing, 5xZ-95, 2xGR-75, 1xCR-90

8xTIE/LN, 11xTIE/IN, 2xTIE/Adv, 4xTIE/as, 3xTIE/Ph, 3xTIE/D, 3xFirespray-31, 3xLambda

#65 bhosp

bhosp

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:02 AM

I think this Force Pack MIGHT make it possible to do an effective Han/Luke/Leia deck. MIGHT.

#66 Hida77

Hida77

• Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:37 AM

bhosp said:

I think this Force Pack MIGHT make it possible to do an effective Han/Luke/Leia deck. MIGHT.

Im skeptical, but go for it =)

2013 Star Wars: The Card Game Worlds Top 16

X-Wing Ships:

8xX-wing, 4xB-Wing, 2xYT-1300, 4xY-Wing, 4xA-Wing, 2xHWK-290, 3xE-Wing, 5xZ-95, 2xGR-75, 1xCR-90

8xTIE/LN, 11xTIE/IN, 2xTIE/Adv, 4xTIE/as, 3xTIE/Ph, 3xTIE/D, 3xFirespray-31, 3xLambda

#67 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

Interesting that Renegade Squadron is not a Squadron, given that it's from an objective set that looks at traits.

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#68 just Logan

just Logan

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

the only traits that will ever really matter are character and vehicle when it comes to cave- so at this point it can already pair with every one of those types it matches. I don't think a Han/Leia deck will really work until set 5 when we see a rebel Han. I'm hoping for -targeted strike-when Han focuses to strike rescue one captured card or deal one damage to one enemy objective or unit"  I think that's on par with S&S  Han and fits the theme.  

#69 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:15 AM

just Logan said:

the only traits that will ever really matter are character and vehicle when it comes to cave- so at this point it can already pair with every one of those types it matches.

I guess I sabotaged the clarity of my point by mentioning its relevance to gameplay. I actually see it more as a matter of consistency between Renegade Squadron and other cards representing squadrons, such as the TIE Attack Squadron.

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS