Search For Skywalker - Spoilers

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 shaggscoob

shaggscoob

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

TGO posted it and also posted the link, he's just trying to make it easier for those that don't want to leave the site

#22 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

TGO said:

He did not type it up. 

TGO said:

He did not type it up. 

never said I did. You clearly took credit for that in page  with your link. Now can we get back to discussing the new card options. 

#23 cephalgia

cephalgia

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

shaggscoob said:

TGO posted it and also posted the link, he's just trying to make it easier for those that don't want to leave the site

shaggscoob said:

I guess where I'm coming from is that maybe if TGO wanted to type it up and post it here, he would have done so.  Or, you know, maybe since TGO is a moderator on the site where he actually posted the spoilers, he wanted people to go there to read it.  

#24 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

lol, NOC @ who posted orig text.

thanks for the spoilers, i saved me alot of time.

+++ Engagement: Resolve Strikes +++

magni strikes with greedo for 2 unit damage to Han Solo and 1 Blast Damage.

#25 Rob Martin

Rob Martin

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

What's the x2 card in Preparation for Battle?

#26 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

The speeder with shields. 

#27 Rob Martin

Rob Martin

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

Thank you. Speeders are getting stupid, fast.  Once The Battle of Hoth comes out…

#28 X7XsnowmanX7X

X7XsnowmanX7X

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

Really liking Admirals Orders….

Board state:  

2 Sith Holocrons in play.   I play Admirals Orders then sac both Holocrons and play the Executor from my hand for FREE!!!

Poor light side player.  lol.

Really want the Executor now….and sith Holocrons….

#29 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

lol I see irony in this some how… So someone copys and posts a bunch of card text that he doenst own, and then has what he said copied and posted, only to have the guy at the end getting complained about…. Im sorry but Im dieing of laughter here lol

This is one of the main reasons Xwing is awesome! http://community.fan...ake-long/page-4

#30 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

I'm really excited about that Hoth set for the Rebels. I've been contemplating a shield-centered deck for my next build and this will really boost it!

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#31 shaggscoob

shaggscoob

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Biggest game changer is the LS neutral, IMO. It's going to make vehicle decks nearly unstoppable.

#32 just Logan

just Logan

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

it's good but renegade squardon mobilization will make it into every deck that can fit it in.Echo caverns- Notice "share a trait".  Vehicle and Character are traits. I can see no where this will not be amazing.

#33 Hida77

Hida77

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

just Logan said:

it's good but renegade squardon mobilization will make it into every deck that can fit it in.Echo caverns- Notice "share a trait".  Vehicle and Character are traits. I can see no where this will not be amazing.

I'm not so sure. Really the best use of it I can think of is to take a tactic icon off of someone who has already attacked and put it on someone about to do so, and I'm not really sure thats worth taking the Objective Set (since a lot of it is not really all that spectacular imo, at least not yet) and having to play the 2 cost enhancement to get it.  Really, most of the situations this would be really strong are already covered by Crossfire in Hans set.  All the other uses of it are really situational, and while potentially very good, is also on the table so your opponent can plan for them.

I'm not saying its not useful, just that I'm not overly sold on it being worth it.  Honestly, I think the best set in the pack is the Navy one.  Yes, Devastator would like some buddies, especially since Imperial Vehicles are all already very strong.

Already thinking of

2xImp Command

2xDeath and Despayre

2xEndor Gambit

2xDeath Squadron (new)

2xUltimate Power/Recon Mission/Vader's Command/Defense Protocol

Lots of resources, lots of large and annoying vehicles, and built in ways around locking them out with tactics.

2014 Star Wars: The Card Game US Nationals Finalist

2013 Star Wars: The Card Game Worlds Top 16

8xX-wing, 5xB-Wing, 2xYT-1300, 4xY-Wing, 5xA-Wing, 2xHWK-290, 3xE-Wing, 7xZ-95, 1xYT-2400, 2xGR-75, 1xCR-90

8xTIE/LN, 11xTIE/IN, 2xTIE/Adv, 4xTIE/as, 3xTIE/Ph, 3xTIE/D, 3xFirespray-31, 3xLambda, 1xDecimator

#34 Hida77

Hida77

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:11 AM

A subtle thing that I had missed from the Caverns wording was that you can do enemy units with it.  This changes my opinion of it, it is quite good.  Taking away guns/tactics from your opponent is a really nice ability.  Still not 100% that the other cards are that great, although the 2/2/2 guy is really nice, but it is definately worth taking.

2014 Star Wars: The Card Game US Nationals Finalist

2013 Star Wars: The Card Game Worlds Top 16

8xX-wing, 5xB-Wing, 2xYT-1300, 4xY-Wing, 5xA-Wing, 2xHWK-290, 3xE-Wing, 7xZ-95, 1xYT-2400, 2xGR-75, 1xCR-90

8xTIE/LN, 11xTIE/IN, 2xTIE/Adv, 4xTIE/as, 3xTIE/Ph, 3xTIE/D, 3xFirespray-31, 3xLambda, 1xDecimator

#35 Jedi_Knight

Jedi_Knight

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

Well, you could steal droid tactics icon and give it to R2-D2 or C-3PO.

Or grant you that one tactics on the attack from a unit your opp has already focused.

Or that one extra bomb for your Red Two.

Or give you that one blaster you are missing to kill that pesky Wampa with your Luke.

This card is may not be broken, but the possibilities are endless. Besides, Renegade Squadron is on of the strongest defenders in the game.

I for one will be substituting Devastator (cause the rest of the set, barring Defense Upgrade, is mediocre at best) for the Death Squadron star destroyers in my Navy to test it, then will test it again, but with AT-STs out and Devastator and Death Squadron in. As for LS - well, Rebels just got lots of tactics icons. Will probably try something along the lines of 2x Prep for Battle, 2x Red 2, 2x Rogue 3, 2x Renegade Squad, 2x Sensor are placed. And for the Jedi… well, that's kinda harder what to replace for the Squadron. But they sure could work with Prep for Battle too - it pairs nicely with Guardians…

Ls got lots of options while DS received only terribad S&V set (at least for now) and Destroyers that can make a nice compliment to existing strategies but still need some fire support.

#36 musket_max

musket_max

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:32 AM

There may be a better thread to post this but it's kinda relevant so I'll just go…

With the Deploy the Fleet objective, as an action am I allowed to take that action as many times as I want/feasibly can do? It was mentioned in another thread just bombing your objective, 1 resource from it and the 5 hp to pay for a 6 cost capital ship, I was juts wondering if this was possible?

To add to the discussion I'm really liking this whole S&S trait play/general shennanigans, I'll be thrilled when Edge of Darkness comes out and I can ignore the Jedi and Sith. Can really see some potential damage coming off a solo C3-P0 attack potentially having crossfire and a stolen Blast icon to destroy objectives!

#37 GooeyChewie

GooeyChewie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

Yes and no.

You can use the objective's action multiple times.  But there's a space between using it and playing something.  So if you use it 5 times and blow it up, it won't be around to focus to play the ship.

#38 musket_max

musket_max

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

So Defence Upgrade can be potentially used as a free two resource boost. Using the admirals orders and a defence upgrade you could get a Star Destroyer for 1 resource and 1 net damage, I'm thinking this'll make Imp Navy aggro more fun.

#39 GooeyChewie

GooeyChewie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:54 AM

Yep. And combine with Kaut Reinforcements to discard cards to lower cost… *shudder*

#40 bhosp

bhosp

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:30 AM

Seems like DS is (for now) at a *distinct* disadvantage in terms of controlling Hoth objectives, but on the other hand, The Desolation of Hoth just got a "target rich environment" of objectives to make Sad. (Especially since its pretty easy to sacrifice the right number of units to make sure that The Killing Cold has exactly 4 damage on it for you to move.)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS