Eldar/Dark Eldar

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Procharon

Procharon

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

Hi, I'm attempting to run a game for my friends here in Utah.  I was wondering if anyone knew of any suppliments that are out for the Eldar and Dark Eldar.  I'm looking for some surprise enemies for my troupe to deal with and destroy.

#2 The Russian

The Russian

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

For Eldar, N01_H3r3 (sp?) came up with a great Eldar unofficial write up that is very good! I've used in several games and it is fantastic! Dark Eldar is in Only War but it's slightly different.

#3 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

If you don't mind buying books from other games to swipe stuff from, Rogue Trader has a fair amount of Eldar stuff to pillage: the sourcebook The Koronus Bestiary has a big write-up on Eldar, and the module Soul Reaver has quite a bit of Dark Eldar info.

#4 Alekzanter

Alekzanter

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

Unless it's changed within the last two days the link to No1's stuff leads to a blank page. If you didn't copy any of that stuff out I have a suspicion it will be gone forever…

#5 Procharon

Procharon

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

OMG, thanks guys.  I really appreciate the help!  I was unable to get to that link.  Did any of you make a copy you would be willing to share?

#6 Ephel

Ephel

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

OMG, thanks guys.  I really appreciate the help!  I was unable to get to that link.  Did any of you make a copy you would be willing to share?

+1

#7 Korvis

Korvis

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

The FFG Eratta has a Weapons Table for Eldar Weapons, but no stats for characters.

#8 qcipher

qcipher

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

I'm reading the Dark Eldar in Only War and the enemies book they just came out with.  Wow, I hate these guys, but they make great villains.  I'd love to see a hardcore Chapter make it a big objective to take them down.  What Chapter might make for the best enemies?

A lot to choose from, the Dark Eldar have certainly pissed off enough Chapters going back to the Great Crusade.  Some that come to mind:

White Scars (Primarch lost in the Dark Eldar Webway, presumably)

Salamanders (Their Primarch's original tribe was a frequent target of them)

DeathWatch (Xenos, nuff said)

The one that comes to mind as a kind of 'unleashing Hell' on the enemies of Man, would be to have the Carcheradons get put on the hunt maybe.

"I want these archfiends to experience pain as only the vengeance of the Emperor can administer.  I want these 'lords of death' to know dread with every waking moment.  They have preyed on us for far too long.  It is time they saw that they are the dog chasing the lion.  Set loose the Carcheradons and let them get a taste of what it means to be prey.  Let mercy be the first casualty in this war.  Bring war to them at every hole they hide, break down every door, let not one brick stand upon another in their blighted hell hole of an empire.  They shall know our wrath and in the end we shall teach them the final lessons in pain and loss."

The Dark Eldar just make for such a good enemy, and it'd be frustrating as hell to fight them, but so satisfying when you finally catch some. 

#9 Obetor

Obetor

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

Have you read this?

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/83854-tactica-dark-eldar/

• Erik

#10 Korvis

Korvis

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:08 AM

Outer Reach has some interesting Dark Eldar Characters and Harlequins being introduced.  Some juicy stuff if that is what you are looking for.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS