First post just saying hi

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Triakor

Triakor

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

I know you can go to games workshop and they have base kits that have grass and rocks and stuff like that.

its ment for war hammer but it would work the same for talisman.

#22 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

talismanisland said:

Painted any for the Highland or Dragon expansion yet? I have a couple of gaps in the gallery pages over at Talisman Island!

I don't want to derail the thread, but I had a thought on that:

I've recently gotten into painting the Talisman minis, and naturally, I'd hoped to submit some of them to your site! However, the ones I've done so far are already taken. But… what if you accepted photos of each mini from everyone, and each time the page was loaded, a random member's picture of that mini came up? That way, everyone could submit their minis, and those pages would stay fresh and interesting all the time (it's useful to see how different people paint the same mini!). Then, if you clicked on the photo, it would take you to a page where you could see all the submitted photos for that particular miniature.

Could such a thing be possible? I know that when I go to paint a miniature, I search endlessly for references of what other people have already done… it would be great to have it all in one place! :)

#23 Spectrum

Spectrum

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

I. J. Thompson said:

talismanisland said:

Painted any for the Highland or Dragon expansion yet? I have a couple of gaps in the gallery pages over at Talisman Island!

I don't want to derail the thread, but I had a thought on that:

I've recently gotten into painting the Talisman minis, and naturally, I'd hoped to submit some of them to your site! However, the ones I've done so far are already taken. But… what if you accepted photos of each mini from everyone, and each time the page was loaded, a random member's picture of that mini came up? That way, everyone could submit their minis, and those pages would stay fresh and interesting all the time (it's useful to see how different people paint the same mini!). Then, if you clicked on the photo, it would take you to a page where you could see all the submitted photos for that particular miniature.

Could such a thing be possible? I know that when I go to paint a miniature, I search endlessly for references of what other people have already done… it would be great to have it all in one place! :)

I actually think that's a great idea. I also like to search for ready-painted figures before i start painting one of my own, just to get an idea. It would be very practical to gather in one page a whole lot of the same figures painted by different people. So, is this possible?

#24 Triakor

Triakor

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:53 AM

Oh ya it is. Someone just has to set up a photo gallery of each character. The harder thing to do would be to get people to submit photos of all their peices.

#25 adjogi

adjogi

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

Well count me in! I have 21 painted and counting.

Eventually i will miniatures from all expansions done and would love to submit them.

I am sure if enough people want this, it could and SHOULD be done :-)

Welcome to "Monsters & Magic", a NJ based Talisman Game Club!

http://www.njtalisma...onstersandmagic

#26 adjogi

adjogi

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

Eventually I will have miniatures from all expansions done and would love to submit them.

Welcome to "Monsters & Magic", a NJ based Talisman Game Club!

http://www.njtalisma...onstersandmagic

#27 Spectrum

Spectrum

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

adjogi said:

Eventually I will have miniatures from all expansions done and would love to submit them.

It's great to see so much enthusiasm on this matter :)

All that's left is confirmation by Talisman Island whether it can be done…

#28 Spectrum

Spectrum

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

And to finish what i started a couple of days ago… here's the painted figure of the Sage which concludes the Reaper Expanion figures.

#29 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

It's certainly a possibility that I could feature a whole gallery for each mini. It would likely have to wait until I am set to reboot the site, which was planned for the other month, but real life happenings intervened. Anyone can feel free to email me pics and I will get to it when I am able.

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#30 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

That's nice to hear, talismanisland, and thank you for taking these ideas into consideration. :)

Certainly a gallery for each mini would be a godsend. The part that I was wondering if it would be possible was, when you click on an expansion in the minis section, it would show you a random member's pic of each mini from that particular expansion (but only one of each character). Then, when you click on a particular character, you get taken to its gallery. Do you guys think that's possible?

#31 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:54 AM

I've had a word with the guys (i.e me) and I think it is quite possible, but will have to look at the whys and wherefores of it all. It won't be that soon, but it's on the list… :)

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#32 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

Sigh.  I have many talents, but completely suck at crafty things. I must be content to use my Talisman figures as they are.  Wish they came painted!

#33 Spectrum

Spectrum

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

talismanisland said:

I've had a word with the guys (i.e me) and I think it is quite possible, but will have to look at the whys and wherefores of it all. It won't be that soon, but it's on the list… :)

That's great news :) By that time i'm sure i'll have quite many more figures ready! Let the crafting begin!

#34 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

Spectrum said:

talismanisland said:

That's great news :) By that time i'm sure i'll have quite many more figures ready! Let the crafting begin!

Yes, it's nice to know that we can submit things, even though they're already 'claimed'. :)

#35 Spectrum

Spectrum

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

The long wait for my Talisman revised 4th edition plus 7 expansions is almost over :D Just one week left until it arrives, so i better get those brushes and paints ready to continue what i started !

This goes out to TalismanIsland: Any news on the request for people posting their painted figures on the site? Cheers.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS