some thrid wave and third Faction musing

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Ravncat

Ravncat

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

The trouble I see with a third faction in the next release - is that, assuming we get a b-wing and tie-bomber - that puts us up to 5 ships per faction. Should the remaining 2 rumored ships be a third faction (and say, a non neutral one) we find ourselves with very few ship choices compared to the existing factions - which means it will be difficult to make tournament level builds, especially considering the current game balance.

#22 schoon

schoon

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:15 AM

I went and read the announcement, and there's really nothing there that implies a new faction, new base sizes, or anything else ground shaking.

Pretty much any new ship would shake up the meta, as they would combine with the existing ones in new and different ways.

Personally, I'm hoping that they flesh out the "standard" ships a bit before trying anything too revolutionary.

That won't stop me from buying an old Micro Machines GR-75 playset and using it for some cool custom scenarios, though!

#23 TK-421

TK-421

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

Mercenaries… Simialr to how it is done on Summoner Wars.  Add to existing factions or fly their own faction.  Sold as extra decks but likely using many of the same ships with new pilot cards (shield less xwing, hopped up ywing… Etc.  ? Possible ship reprints for the mercenaries… How easy would that be for ffg?  Several (4 ) new ships and rerelease x, y, tie in new paint schemes.  

new ships I would like: B wing, z95, tie avenger, tie hunter.  Personally, I don't need a tie bomber unless this morphs away from a dog fight game and a bomber is needed.

#24 Tesseract

Tesseract

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

For EU ships, we have Galen Marek - Vaders' apprentice's (the force unleashed, which I believe is canon now?) ship, the Rogue Shadow: http://starwars.wiki...i/Rogue_Shadow 

While I don't think it will be part of the 3rd wave, it's definitely an example of what's possible.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS