• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 Gundabad

Gundabad

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:23 AM

El_Tonio said:

Just to continue to keep these all in one place…

I played a seven TIE swarm:  Howlrunner + Stealth, Dark Curse, Obsidian Pilot X3, and Academy Pilot X2.

This is a variation of the squad that won the FFG Regional (which I also happened to play at 2 Kessel Run events… won one, came in third with one loss in the other).

You can read my battle report here: http://www.fantasyfl...=6&efidt=826019

I did not win the NYC regional last weekend (came in second), but the above squad was used by the player who beat me pretty solidly in the first round (I only took out 52 points of his 100), and ultimately went on to win the regional.

#62 Alarum

Alarum

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

I won the Adelaide Regionals in Australia over the weekend. There were 8 players.

Kath, Marksmanship, Gunner, Siesmic charges and HLC.
Krassis, Siesmic charges and HLC.

3-0

1st round vs Kath and 4 ties

2nd round vs 4 Ties,1 Interceptor and a Advanced with concussion missiles.
3rd round vs a 2 X Wing 2 Y wing list.

#63 GlobeTrotting

GlobeTrotting

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:06 AM

I won another regional event this weekend at the Good Games store in Burwood, Australia (west of Sydney); the event was resecheduled to this weekend after a conflict with a major Sydney game expo a few weeks ago. I flew a basic dual YT build:

Han Solo + Gunner (51)

Chewbacca + Millenium Falcon + Gunner + Draw Their Fire (49)

I went 3-0 and flew against a four ship rebel build (Wedge, Rookie, Gold Squad w/ Ion Cannon, A-wing), a five TIE swarm (Vader, two generic interceptors, two academy pilots) and a Kath/TIE build (fully loaded Kath, Howlrunner, and two other basic TIEs). A disappointing turnout at only 4 people total, but the event was run very well by the store with extremely generous prize support (prizes from the regionals kit, snacks AND the contents of a base set to split between the four of us for only a $10 entry fee!), everyone was super friendly and I believe a great time was had by all. I expect the game to become increasingly popular once the supply situation in Australia is sorted out.

Still hoping/planning to attend worlds later this year!

#64 Stormtrooper721

Stormtrooper721

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:23 AM

Wow! The big ships are really dominating the playing field!

The 731st Imperial Flight School - "The Vornskrs" - 1 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Interceptors, 10 TIE Fighters

23 Victories, 1 Defeat, 0 Draws - 69 kills versus 46 losses

#65 Araushnar

Araushnar

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:05 AM

Germany

07.07.2013 Regional in Düsseldorf

5 rounds Swiss Style.

After 4 Rounds there were a 8 Swarm List and 6 Swarm List undefeated.

Winner: 8 Ship Tie Swarm (7 Academie / 1 Dark Curse)

2nd Place:6 Ship Tie Swarm (Howlrunner+Stealth, Backstabber, Black Squadron+Draw the Fire, 2 Alpha Int, 1 Academie)

3rd Place: 7 Ship Tie Swarm (Howlrunner + 6 Ties)

4th Place 4 X-Wings (Wedge,Biggs and 2 Rookies)

23 Players

12 Imperials, 11 Rebels

if i remember it correctly. No Dual Falcon builds, 2 Falcon builds, No 3 Firespray lists, Some 2 and 1 Firespray builds, Minimum of 4 4 X-Wing Builds...

#66 betes

betes

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

I won the regional tournament in Warrensburg, MO on April 27th. Wish I had written something up about it, but I forgot and now my memory is too hazy to do it justice. My list was as follows:

Wedge with PTL and R2 unit

Biggs

Rookie

Rookie

I went undefeated with 5 full wins against a good variety of squads. Really fun tournament.

#67 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:47 PM

I won the regional tournament in Warrensburg, MO on April 27th. Wish I had written something up about it, but I forgot and now my memory is too hazy to do it justice. My list was as follows:

Wedge with PTL and R2 unit

Biggs

Rookie

Rookie

I went undefeated with 5 full wins against a good variety of squads. Really fun tournament.

nice. like the PTL + Wedge tech :)

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#68 Picasso

Picasso

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

I've been using that Wedge set up. It is nasty.

#69 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:10 AM

I've been using that Wedge set up. It is nasty.

yeah biggs takes the early heat while wedge goes focus+target lock. ouch.

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#70 Stormtrooper721

Stormtrooper721

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:10 AM

I think Biggs is going to be an even more star game piece in a lot more squads when the B-Wings come out. Those heavy bombers need his protection even more than Wedge. I'd even try putting Stealth on Biggs to try to make him a bit more survivable since you know that every other ship is safe as long as he is alive.

The 731st Imperial Flight School - "The Vornskrs" - 1 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Interceptors, 10 TIE Fighters

23 Victories, 1 Defeat, 0 Draws - 69 kills versus 46 losses

#71 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:28 AM

I think Biggs is going to be an even more star game piece in a lot more squads when the B-Wings come out. Those heavy bombers need his protection even more than Wedge.

I'm not so sure on both accounts. Bwings with HLC are going to tear Biggs up pretty easily, and their 5 shields are going to make them last longer than you think they will. That's not to say that he won't find a home in many squads, but I don't think he's as necessary as you think he is anymore.

#72 Picasso

Picasso

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

I think Biggs is needed to keep your Moldy Crow alive.
The B-wing with a HLC, pilot ability, sensor upgrade, and Marksmanship. Then add in an extra red dice or a free focus.
That B-wing should be taking out any small base ship with one shot,
Tie fighter........no problem
Interceptor....... No problem
X-wing no problem.

#73 Eldar Lover

Eldar Lover

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

Hi everybody from Italy!

On 06/16/2013 I won the first (and unique) Regional here for 2013

I played 7 ship like this:

- Academy Pilot x4

- Backstabber

- Alpha Squadron Pilot x2

Now I'm trying rebels mainly with 4-ship lists like 3 X-Wing (low pilots, full of droids) and 1 Y-Wing.. I find it good. Won another local tournament (not regional)

Of course I won't  be there for Word championship... so have fun even for me ;)

Italian Regional Champion - 2013

#74 Ex-wing

Ex-wing

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

Won with the Following list in at the Laval, qc regionals

Total Squad Points: 100

Pilot: Academy Pilot 1
Tie Fighter (12)
Upgrades:

• No Upgrades Selected

Pilot: Academy Pilot 2
Tie Fighter (12)
Upgrades:

• No Upgrades Selected

Pilot: Obsidian Squadron Pilot 1
Tie Fighter (13)
Upgrades:

• No Upgrades Selected

Pilot: Obsidian Squadron Pilot 2
Tie Fighter (13)
Upgrades:

• No Upgrades Selected

Pilot: Boba Fett
Firespray-31 (39)
Upgrades:

• Expose (4)
  • Shield Upgrade (4)
  • Proximity Mines (3)

#75 RedWilde

RedWilde

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

I didn't think I 'd go if I won a regional, but now that I have a ticket taunting me -- I'm starting to calculate flight miles and hotel points ^,^

Alas, I have to cancel plans to go to Worlds.  Social duty calls here at home.  Hope everyone who can make it has a wonderful time!

#76 macar

macar

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

I won with Saber PTL X2, BSP with Draw their fire x2, Howlrunner with PTL

However my new squad is running much more consistant than the one posted above.

Saber squadron with PTL X2

Backstabber

Mauler Mithel

Howlrunner w/ Determination

2013 Regional Winner:

2013 Top 16 at Nationals (US)

2014 Store Championship Winner-Game Preserve Fashion Mall

2014 Ohio State Regional Winner-Epic Loot & Games

#77 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

I didn't think I 'd go if I won a regional, but now that I have a ticket taunting me -- I'm starting to calculate flight miles and hotel points ^,^

Alas, I have to cancel plans to go to Worlds.  Social duty calls here at home.  Hope everyone who can make it has a wonderful time!

That's a shame. I was looking forward to meeting the Red Ace. Alas, some other time, perhaps. :)

#78 RedWilde

RedWilde

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

Thank you Hothie; I was also looking forward to meeting you and so many others.  I quite hope circumstances will work out better for my travel to future events.

#79 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

Germany

07.07.2013 Regional in Düsseldorf

5 rounds Swiss Style.

After 4 Rounds there were a 8 Swarm List and 6 Swarm List undefeated.

Winner: 8 Ship Tie Swarm (7 Academie / 1 Dark Curse)

2nd Place:6 Ship Tie Swarm (Howlrunner+Stealth, Backstabber, Black Squadron+Draw the Fire, 2 Alpha Int, 1 Academie)

3rd Place: 7 Ship Tie Swarm (Howlrunner + 6 Ties)

4th Place 4 X-Wings (Wedge,Biggs and 2 Rookies)

23 Players

12 Imperials, 11 Rebels

if i remember it correctly. No Dual Falcon builds, 2 Falcon builds, No 3 Firespray lists, Some 2 and 1 Firespray builds, Minimum of 4 4 X-Wing Builds...

i like the 2nd placed tie-swarm. body guard for howlrunner and 2 intercepters for extra punch.

Lord Vader

#80 Veldrin

Veldrin

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:38 AM

My friend Mårten won the Nordic Championship (I finished seventh) with:

Omicron with Vader

3 Obsidian Pilots

3 Academy Pilots

For the write-ups see here: http://community.fan...c-championship/

Empire: 11 TIE Fighters, 6 TIE Interceptors, 3 TIE Bombers, 2 Firesprays, 2 TIE Adv., 1 Lambda, 2 TIE Phantoms, and 2 TIE Defenders

Rebel Alliance: 6 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 2 A-Wings, 2 B-Wings, 1 YT-1300, 1 HWK-290, 2 E-Wings, 4 Z-95s, and 1 GR-75 Transport

Have a look at my X-Wing blog over at TeamCovenant

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS