Question for those who WON a 2013 regional championship

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 paradox23

paradox23

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

I won another regional in the LA area on the 18th with the same Vader/Soontir build.  This time I went 4-0.

I am SO looking forward to Worlds.  I'm gonna try to get to GenCon, but it looks like I'll be working then.

#42 Ken-Obi

Ken-Obi

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:27 AM

The Utah regional winner on May 11th ran a Han Shot First list (with 2 rookies).  It was a very disappointing low turnout, but I still had fun - it was my first tournament.  It was also pretty funny when my wife and I got to talking to the winner and his wife after the tournament was over - and the winner not only works in the same building that I do, but on the same floor!  Small world…

#43 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

Ken-Obi said:

The Utah regional winner on May 11th ran a Han Shot First list (with 2 rookies).  It was a very disappointing low turnout, but I still had fun - it was my first tournament.  It was also pretty funny when my wife and I got to talking to the winner and his wife after the tournament was over - and the winner not only works in the same building that I do, but on the same floor!  Small world…

how many players? what were the other top lists?

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#44 Ken-Obi

Ken-Obi

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

The_Brown_Bomber said:

Ken-Obi said:

how many players? what were the other top lists?

There were only 4 players total.  Pretty bad.  The 2nd place was a TIE swarm with 5 TIE Fighters and 2 Interceptors.  Only 1 named pilot, but I don't remember who.  No upgrades that I recall.  I came in 3rd and flew Chewie (Draw Their Fire) + Dutch (R5K6 - what a piece of crap, only got the bonus target lock once out of 13 tries) + Garven.  I liked playing my list - fun to constantly hand out both target locks and focus, but I had horrible luck against the TIE swarm, and I took out the winner's rookies but couldn't do enough damage to Han.  I don't recall exactly what 4th place ran - I remember 2 A-Wings and 1 Y-Wing but that's all.

#45 ZiM946

ZiM946

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:38 AM

I'm happy to see here that nobody is running my list! It would appear to be very defensive but if Lando and Biggs are kept together, it is super tough to kill Biggs. Final match was against a double gunner, double YT piloted by chewie in one and lando in the other. Cruised to a full win without losing a ship, I did have to pilot it extremely well however… 4-0 2 full 2 mod Lando Millenium Falcon Draw their fire Biggs R2-F2 Stealth Gold Sq. ion

#46 GlobeTrotting

GlobeTrotting

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

I won the regionals in Campbelltown Australia (outside Sydney) at the Hall of Heroes this weekend.14 players total, split roughly evenly between Rebels and Imperials. I flew using:

Han Solo with Gunner and Marksmanship (54)

Gold Squadron Pilot with Ion Turret (23)

Gold Squadron Pilot with Ion Turret (23)

Went 5-0 (4 full wins and one modified win; lost no ships in three of the games) against a Han Shoots First variant, a TIE interceptors list, a Bobba Fett/elite TIE interceptors list and two academy TIE swarms (one of which took second place). I immensely enjoyed all of my games against the very friendly yet competitive players at the Hall of Heroes, and props to the store team for an extremely well run event.

I'm moving to the states later this year, so I may well see some of you at Worlds.

Edited by GlobeTrotting, 03 January 2014 - 03:10 PM.

#47 DarthOctane

DarthOctane

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

paradox23 said:

I refer to that list as the Allstars.

It's probably my favorite 100 pt build to play, but scary to run in tournaments because a single lucky hit ruins your day.

The only difference when I run it is concussion missile on vader and vet instincts on Turr

OK I was tired when I poseted that. I had Vet Instincts on Turr also. Sorry.

#48 KarmikazeKidd

KarmikazeKidd

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

DarthOctane said:

Won mine of May 4th. I ran

Darth Vader

Engine Upgrade

Homing Missles

Soontir Fel

Push the Limit

Stealth Upgrade

Turr Fenir

Stealth Upgrade

(still trying to come up with a squad name) I am thinking 31337 or 999 the squad that flipped the devil on his head

Undefeated and had at least one Falcon against me every match. Even had a dual Falcon for one of them. See you guys at worlds and Hoping I can squeeze in the Vikings Game that thursday night. GO VIKES!

When I play it, it's called The Law FIrm. Vader, Fel, and Phennir? Just sayin'.

Won the Regionals in Nashville with:

Lando - Shield Upgrade, Chewie, Luke, Expose, Assault Missiles, Falcon Title

Biggs - R2-F2, Stealth

As for whether or not I'm going to Worlds…I fully intend on it, but money is always a question. If it weren't, I'd own more Squints and Y-wings. :D But the weekend does look like a blast, and that's plenty of time to prepare, so I imagine I'll make it.

EDIT: Forgot, woops. Went 3-0 in regular play, lost Biggs once. Went 2-0 in the playoffs, lost Biggs once. We had 10 total; 4 Rebel and 6 Imperial. Amazingly enough, I'm pretty sure there were no other Falcons present. But there were definitely a few Firesprays.

#49 Countmoore

Countmoore

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

Well just got back from the Manchester UK regional with first place.

I ran with

Lando in the Falcon with Draw their fire and Chewie

Wedge with R2-D2

Prototype A-Wing

Game one vs 2 bounty hunting Slaves w. gunners and heavy guns plus some other upgrade.  Finished with only the loss of Wedge on my side and two dead slaves.

Game two vs 4 A-Wings which was a nice list but lacked any serious punch 100 - 0 to me.

Game three vs 6 Tie all stars minor loss with the two cheap Ties vs A-Wing left on the table but still enough to make the cut to the top 2 against…

…the same list…

basiaclly set up on opposite corner to break up the ties formation through the asteroids which worked a treat and got a match win to take home the trophy.

great day and some decent prize support from FF.

T

#50 Gundabad

Gundabad

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

I won the regional tournament today at Jester's Playhouse in NJ, with the following squad:

---------
Night Beast (15)

Darth Vader (37)
TIE Advanced (29), Assault Missiles (5), Stealth Device (3)

Kath Scarlet (48)
Firespray-31 (38), Assault Missiles (5), Seismic Charges (2), Veteran Instincts (1), Mercenary Copilot (2)
---------

First match was a modified win by an incredibly slim margin (1 point!) vs. Chewbacca and the two named Y-Wing pilots both with ions. Took out the Y-Wings but it wasn't easy, and we timed out with my Kath chasing Chewie, 4 hits left each.

Second match was a full win vs Han (Marksmanship), Wedge, and a rookie x-wing. Had a bit of back and forth in this one, and at one point Vader was put down to 1 hit, and I put him into a big 4-turn circle around the edge of the board. With two actions per turn (focus and evade) he survived 4 range 3 attacks from Han (luck!) which was a huge distraction for my opponent, and let Vader back into the fight right when his whole squad got bunched up, delivering a focused Assault Missle for 4 points of damage to the Falcon and sharing splash damage to the two X-Wings. Firespray cleaned up the rest. 

Third match was a full win vs. Turr Phenir, Soontir Phel, Dark Curse, and Backstabber. The first three had shield upgrades, and the Interceptors has Push the LImit and Elusiveness, respectively. My opponent split his squad in half and I went straight for the interceptors.

#51 Rainbow_Chaser

Rainbow_Chaser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

I won the Vancouver, WA Regionals this past weekend.  

My list:

Rookie Pilot w/ Shield Upgrade

Jon 'Dutch' Vander w/ Ion Cannon Turret

Green Squadron Pilot w/ Push The Limit

My record for the event was 4-0.

#52 Rainbow_Chaser

Rainbow_Chaser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

I won the Vancouver, WA Regionals this past weekend.  

My list:

Jon 'Dutch' Vander w/ Ion Cannon Turret

Green Squadron Pilot w/ Push The Limit

My record for the event was 4-0, and yes I do plan to attend worlds! 

#53 Rainbow_Chaser

Rainbow_Chaser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

Sorry about the double-post :-/

#54 Lemurr

Lemurr

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:25 AM

Already posted in topic with Rebel/Empire stats, but i think that it should be also posted here. 

1. Regionals in Warsaw 21th April

Winner- Me ;)

Kath Scarlet (Gunner, Marksmanship)

Howlrunner (Stealth Device)

Bounty Hunter

Record: 3-0

I was testing 2x Firespray over 3 weeks before that tournament, and this was a final idea. Correct me if I'm wrong, but i belive that Hothie won some Reginals with similar squad? Very effective, very fun to play, and also very hard (especially when opponent have some good idea how to place an asteroids to make them annoying). I was happy to read, that this squad won some other RC in different country, so i can be sure that i wasn't only luck in my case.

2.Regionals in Bydgoszcz 9th June

Winner- Michal "Kolas" Kolasinski

WEDGE ANTILLES (29) + EXPERT HANDLING (2)

GOLD SQUADRON PILOT (18) + ION CANNON TURRET (5)

(but in the second tournament someone with HSF was very close to win)

Record: 4-1

I absolutely love this squad. It's very interesting, looks awesome (3 Y-tanks looks magnificant) and it's also very effective. Ideal response for Big-ship meta which ruled in Poland for about 2 months. I'm also happy with this result, because Michal is one of this crazy men, and he will accopany me on my mad journey to FFG Center in November.

So, long story short, i hope we'll see you guys at World's ;)

#55 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:13 AM

Just to continue to keep these all in one place…

I played a seven TIE swarm:  Howlrunner + Stealth, Dark Curse, Obsidian Pilot X3, and Academy Pilot X2.

This is a variation of the squad that won the FFG Regional (which I also happened to play at 2 Kessel Run events… won one, came in third with one loss in the other).

You can read my battle report here: http://www.fantasyfl...=6&efidt=826019

• ManOnAWire likes this

REBEL: 5 X-Wing  •  3 Y-Wing  •  3 A-Wing  •  3 YT-1300  •  4 B-Wing  •  1 HWK-290  •  7 Z-95 Headhunter  •  2 E-Wing

IMPERIAL: 8 TIE Fighter  •  3 TIE Advanced X1  •  5 TIE Interceptor  • 3 Firespray 31  •  6 TIE Bomber  •  2 Lambda Class Shuttle  •  2 TIE Phantom  •  2 TIE Defender

#56 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

Here goes…this was my second regional championship win.  Since I used Chewie, Gold Sq., and a Rookie last time…I felt it better to play a different squad.  With a little help from some friends in our play group, we came up with a pretty tough squad, one that I like to call "Stay on Target", but some others like to call it "Dinner Squad" ;-)

Here it is…..

4 Y-wings….yes, your read that right, Y-WINGS!

Gold Squad Pilot's x 4

R2 astromech x4

Ion Cannon Turret x4

Proton Torps x1

A quick synopsis of the game day follows:

• First game, a kid that I stopped reminding him of his actions (after round 3),
  • Second game was against Phil (games and stuff) and his 4 interceptors (I lost),
  • Third game was against Chewie, Wedge, and Rookie (destroyed that squad). 
  • Semi-finals, against krassis, howlrunner, and soontir Fel, game was rough in the beginning, but, ultimately IONed my opponent into submission. 

• Final--rematch against Phil, this time I adjusted my flying style, crushed Fel with the proton torps (one shot), turr fell next, then I ultimately chased down the avenger pilots

?This is from the regionals held at Six Feet Under Games in New Holland, PA.

Record: 4-1

~Ron

#57 RedWilde

RedWilde

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

jetsetter said:

4 Y-wings….yes, your read that right, Y-WINGS! 

Yes, that is indeed a surprisingly solid squad, I've flown it before and quite like it!

#58 timohbee

timohbee

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

I won the regionals in Cambridge, MA today with:

Garven w/ Shield Upgrade

'Dutch' Vander w/ Ion Turret

Rookie Pilot

Rookie Pilot

Lots of fun and tons of different builds present.

#59 DavidWa

DavidWa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

I won to Regional Championships One in Olympia Wa and One in Portland Oregon. I will be going to Worlds.

#60 DavidWa

DavidWa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

DavidWa said:

I won two Regional Championships One in Olympia Wa and One in Portland Oregon. I will be going to Worlds.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS