Discipline Focus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Octus Havelock

Octus Havelock

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

I was flipping through the talents my Imperial Psyker can take, and noticed that Discipline Focus can be taken multiple times. I know that this is generally so that multi-disciplined psykers can get a bonus to their various power groups, but I was wondering if it can be taken multiple times for the same discipline? I haven't found anything to say it can't be done, so any info and/or advice would be great.

#2 Griautis

Griautis

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

well personally I wouldn't allow it, just because it becomes too easy to just stack these and only roll 1 die to be able to get the "big guns" out… with much bigger chance of success and a lowered risk (since rolling one-two dice generates less phenomena then rolling three dice) won't help the balance at all (after all, many consider psykers OP as it is) .

#3 Phi6891

Phi6891

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

I believe you can take it multiple times for the same discipline. I think we only get access to the talent like three times though, without taking alternative ranks.

#4 Octus Havelock

Octus Havelock

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Thanks for the answers. From the rule book, you can only take it 3 times through level 8. My buddy is running an Ascension campaign, and I'm creating a purely Telekinetic Primaris Psyker. I wanted to know if it was allowable/acceptable to stack before I brought it up with my GM. Plus, while it does give a hefty bonus, ascended psychic thresholds can go into the 30's on some abilities, so every little bit helps…

#5 Darth Smeg

Darth Smeg

Lord Nitpicker

• Members
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

The reason you can take it multiple times, is that it is a Talent Group (DH, p 110). Just like Basic Weapon Training can be taken multiple times, and each time you choose one of the abilities in the group.

I do not think you can take this talent multiple times for the same discipline, just as you can't take Pistol Training (Bolt) multiple times for additional training.

Tarald - The Dark Lord of Smeg

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on

My House Rules for using Only War (and more) for Dark Heresy games

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS