Photo

Snotling Invasion put on the restricted list URGENT!!!

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

Maybe someone from USA should come for this:

http://www.fantasyfl...=4&efidt=793802

Take orc snotling invasion+ancient maps imba deck and win European Championships. I assure that prizes will be more than satisfying ;)

#22 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 440 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

I wish they would fly some of us over there. I played at worlds agaist some of you guys and I know you have some powerful decks, but Adam did top 4 with his Brayherd even there.

Will you post the top 8 deck lists? It would be awesome to see what is being played.

Play LCGs in Louisville KY :: Monthly tournaments at 2 locations!

Wednesdays :: Something2Do :: 6:30PM - 10:00PM

Fridays :: BluegrassMagic GameShop :: 6:30 PM - Midnight

RSVP :: meetup.com/cardboardgamers

#23 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

I think there will be even an article on the main site about the results, if not I will show you guys top decks.

#24 gr4ffi

gr4ffi

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

@Louisville: I just discussed the decks that were posted on kaine82's deckbox site with some players in my area. We came to the conclusion, that most decks cannot be seen as a reference here. A brayherd deck like this is super fragile, it relies on nearly pure units for economy, battlefield only and the tactic itself is 4 cost 3 loyalty… a wonder it has not been stopped i should say, but congratulations anyway.

@Snotling Invasion issue: Louisville does not give evidence for the imbaness of Snotling Invasion. This deck didn't even have Ancient Map in it, nor did it win the tournament without problems. This month there will be a tournament in wroclaw with probably near 100 players. If place #1 there should be such a deck some of you were complaining about, then maybe it could be discussed further, but i doubt this will happen. Besides the polish comunity being much bigger and better in terms of competetive play, they are also very aware of imbaness. Last year they house ruled arcane power and therefore got a very balanced tournament, which could not been said of world championship last year… Just trust the polish guys, they usually know when the game is broken.

#25 wensdeil

wensdeil

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

I and all the veteran players that we would like to know:
make unique invasion.
or put in invasion and trollvomit restricted list

Some others prefer the first second of these two options you can talk about which is the best.

The difference between a professional and a beginner should be.
More a game is complex and it is beautiful.
Faces a chess master if you are a beginner and see if you can win.
Or plays a TicTacToe and you always have a chance.
Personally I prefer chess respect TicTacToe.

There should be a deck that can win by sheer luck regardless of the competence of the player.
it is true that on a large scale this effect does not feel too much, but it is a defect.

We made a big tournament two days ago.
The deck invasion did not come first, but second.

I do not say that it can not be beat.
I say that the invasion card is so strong and just unstoppable, leading the luck factor (luck in the pull) to be much greater than it should.

Below the deck type in which is played invasion, but is not the only one.

3 blood knight
3 elite moulder
3 loober
3 plugs
3 bats
3 wagon
2 squig herders
3 spiders
3 raider

3 waste
2 horde
3 village
1 mine

3 vomit
3 pillage
3 map
3 experiments

3 invasion

#26 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:07 PM

What are plug, waste and mine?
Either way looks like typical battlefield oriented rush, the type of deck that seems overpowered for new players and is easily dealt with if you're more advanced. Dark Elfs with Hekarti and Pleasure Cults gg.

#27 gr4ffi

gr4ffi

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

Wensdeil, could you maybe let a friend post for you. I really want to read your thoughts in proper english.

The Deck you posted however, virgo is absolutely correct there, is a simple rush. Beginners tend to playing non-complex decks and finding it extremely strong. You will have the best chances with dark elves or dwarves, i guess. After some games the rush will be no problem aswell as snotling invasion.

Dark Elves can demolish rush and shut it down completely. Take a look at the following cards via deckbox or else: Offering to Hekarti, Pleasure Cults, Temple of Spite is the core. There is more however: Soul Stealer can steal bigger units, Chillwind can corrupt attackers again and there are also options for stealing money or discarding from your hand that are useful against every deck type. Try Hate, Hag Queen, Shades or else.

Dwarves will be beginner friendly aswell, i suggest cards like Ancestral Tomb and Dance to Loec (with Mining Tunnels) which gives you additional developments to sacrifice. Master Rune of Spite does kill 1hp units and is effective against rush. Duregen Thorgrimson does give a more constant control over the units on the field and My Life for the Hold does prevent damage nicely. Dwarves also have the better economy and therewith should be able to overpower such a deck without any problems whatsoever.

Can we close this sensless thread now or maybe wait for some big ass tournament to show us how imbalanced such decks are? *g*

#28 Teokrata

Teokrata

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

Card Board Gamers said:

It's a good card, but it doesn't need to be restricted. Put a unit on it. Orcs don't have a lot of ways to take it off.

oh LOL really?

Troll Vomit (expecialy with Wurzag and Arcane Power)

Wolf Gobbos (expecialy with Unending Horde)

Lobber Crew

Smash 'Em!

Easy Pickin

+ non-orc cards like…

Sorcerer of Tzeentch as restriction

Blood Dragon Knight

Wight Lord

#29 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

My point was they don't have as many direct ways to kill units as Chaos or Dark Elves. Orcs have good overall unit control, but aside from Wolf Gobbos, have to rely on outside tech to target a specific unit.

I changed my stance since that post and feel, for a 0  especially, it is a pretty powerfull card. Not enough to be restriced, but I think it could use an additional loyalty or maybe being limited would tone it down enough.

But as all the Polish guys humbly pointed out, we will see what great combo decks emerge from Wroclaw.

Play LCGs in Louisville KY :: Monthly tournaments at 2 locations!

Wednesdays :: Something2Do :: 6:30PM - 10:00PM

Fridays :: BluegrassMagic GameShop :: 6:30 PM - Midnight

RSVP :: meetup.com/cardboardgamers

#30 slick

slick

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

So we can all calm down now?lol

#31 gr4ffi

gr4ffi

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

Yep,

i was at european championship and there was no imbaness to be seen with snotling invasion. I even used a deck with 3x ancient map :) but no rush and got beat by darkelf and empire with Hemmler and Red Arrow Coach. There were many Orcs in the Top 16 and i dont doubt they all used the Invasion, because it is a strong card. But in the end there was 1 Orc left in Top 4 and the final was a DE mirror.

You can't get more proof ;)

#32 Doc9

Doc9

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

gr4ffi said:

and the final was a DE mirror.

You can't get more proof ;)

Yep…proof that DE IS OVERPOWERED AND NEEDS TO BE RESTRICTED! Someone do something! Before it's too late.

#33 CLSMerc

CLSMerc

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

DE won our little regional but it was End of Times ( or whatever its called ) where we saw huge power hit the battlefield ( 2 Bloodthirsters usually ) . and for a cost of 0 ? come on . that card is messed up .

Here's my question . Why not limit that to one per deck and take the ' discard pile ' discount out ? It's brutal mid game .

Is there affiliation concerns with what gets dropped into the battlefield ? A DE playing high cost Chaos units is nasty without affiliation worries .

First seek victory ... then seek battle !

#34 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:23 AM

10 unmodifable cost is unplayable.

#35 CLSMerc

CLSMerc

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

Virgo said:

10 unmodifable cost is unplayable.

Hardly …If that was true that would make just about all the epic 10 cost spells unplayable . Sigmar's Brilliance shows no sign of a discount …..Your Will is Mine , same thing … I just think End TImes should not have a discount , they should all cost 10 resources … 'nuff said .

First seek victory ... then seek battle !

#36 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

Indeed, epic spells are unplayabe from the hand…'nuff said

• Kaine82 likes this

#37 wensdeil

wensdeil

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:19 AM

Wonderful...
Expect this faq for a long time, we are very happy.
Thanks.
The problem has been solved,
my congratulations.

Goodbye.

Edited by wensdeil, 26 July 2013 - 09:20 AM.

#38 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

The card has been killed, worst solution ever.

• Doc9, SeanXor and Kaine82 like this

#39 gr4ffi

gr4ffi

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

Total agree with Virgo. RIP Snotling Invasion.

• Kaine82 likes this

#40 slick

slick

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

When will they touch brayherd?QQ

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS