A-Wing builds

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 zathras23

zathras23

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

I'm contemplating an all A-Wing list consisting of 4 x Green Squadron with Vet Instincts and Homing Missiles….100 points even.

Not sure how it will do but it might be fun.

#22 executor

executor

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

zathras23 said:

I'm contemplating an all A-Wing list consisting of 4 x Green Squadron with Vet Instincts and Homing Missiles….100 points even.

i ran it once, had a lot of fun with it.. won with 2 ships remaining against another rebel list.. i'd like to do more testing but there is a lot of other lists i want to try out as well and only so much time to play each week.. lemme know how you like it

Current Fleet

Rebellion: 5 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's, 2 E-wings, 1 Z-95, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 CR-90

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's, 2 Tie Phantoms, 2 Tie Defenders

#23 ForceM

ForceM

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:26 AM

zathras23 said:

I have run this but with Deadeye instead of Veteran instincts.

In my opinion, the Initiative 5 is nice, but either you go against elite builds which go before you anyway or against Alpha or Academy swarms. With Swarm

tactics they shoot before you and without after you. So getting medium pilot skill is not that desirable if you ask me.

With Deadeye on the other hand you can do more easily what A-Wings are good at, which isshooting missiles. And this keeps your opponent guessing what you're up to, and you can assure that you can shoot all your missiles beforeban A-Wing goes down without them. You can also focus one enemy down, or spread your fire evenly.

Of course after firing your missiles the 1 point per ship is wasted while your pilot skill 5 would stay. But i have made bad experience with Prototype pilots getting killed without even getting any chance to fire their missiles because they move first, don't get a lock and the turn after they are already too close do fire, or they're dead…

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS