Epic play session last night but need morrr

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 anber

anber

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:54 AM

I played GOW with some friends last night. They have never played tabletop games before and I thought it would be a good idea to start with GOW. It's not a competitive game, it's easy to learn and it's challenging.

Needless to say that their minds were blown. Being mostly PC games enthusiast, they have never been exposed to these kind of board games. We played until the early morning hours and they simply couldn't get enough.

After finishing the first game, one of my friends asked me why people don't know about these games? They never heard of them and I don't blame them. The only board games that you can regularly find in my Country are the Monopoly crowd.

I have been a tabletop enthusiast for a few months now and my collection of games are growing very nicely. Still, very few of my friends have played these games with me. They simply sneer at the idea of playing on a flat surface with cards, dice, cardboard and "dolls".

I find it extremely difficult to get people interested in playing tabletop games.

What is the psychology behind this mental block that most people seem to have towards tabletop games and most importantly, how to break down those preconceived notions?

I play games, so that you don't have to!

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

Well, you say you've been a boardgamer for only a couple of months yourself, so what was your "excuse" and how did you come across GoW and other boardgame? Maybe that route would work for your friends too.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS