• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Stag Lord

Stag Lord

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

Kennon said:

Ah, my apologies. Good to see you, though.

And you as well old friend.

#22 Stag Lord

Stag Lord

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:35 AM

Alando said:

Word count on Agot wiki page: 7171

Word count on MtG wiki page: 10896

Word count on Yugioh wiki page: 5246

As we can clearly see Agot is far more popular than Yugioh, but not as good as Magic. SCIENCE!

Great assesment! That definitely got a laugh out of me.

#23 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

Alando said:

Word count on Agot wiki page: 7171

Word count on MtG wiki page: 10896

Word count on Yugioh wiki page: 5246

As we can clearly see Agot is far more popular than Yugioh, but not as good as Magic. SCIENCE!

My amusement aside:

1) Why is this post still floating? LoL.

2) I'm still surprised the extent to which people discredit Reddit's subscriber numbers being statistically significant. It doesn't make any sense. All the extremely popular games have larger Reddit communities that are active. It stands to reason that growing the Reddit community would grow the general AGoT community. Anyone being resistant to the significance of Reddit is effectively dismissing an incredibly powerful tool for bringing people into the game and the community.

@StagLord - It was just to take a look at numbers. I was never suggesting migrating anything there for content. Reddit is not a site for new content, it is a site where millions of people can quickly find information on just about anything they'd ever want and where people post interesting things so that other people can/will see it.

#24 -Istaril

-Istaril

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

mdc273 said:

is not a site for new content, it is a site where millions of people can quickly find information on just about anything they'd ever want…

Oh, I've heard of that one! Google?

#25 sabrefox

sabrefox

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

mdc273 said:

All the extremely popular games have larger Reddit communities that are active. It stands to reason that growing the Reddit community would grow the general AGoT community.

Remember that correlation does not imply causation.  Is Game X popular because of the size of its Reddit community, or is the Reddit community for Game X large because the game is popular?  Much more evidence is necessary to prove that the former is true.

#26 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

sabrefox said:

Remember that correlation does not imply causation.  Is Game X popular because of the size of its Reddit community, or is the Reddit community for Game X large because the game is popular?  Much more evidence is necessary to prove that the former is true.

Are you sincerely arguing that growing the Reddit community is unlikely to grow the game's community? Either of your concepts pretty much validates one of my arguments. Either that growing the Reddit community will increase the size of the greater AGoT community or the lack of anything AGoT on Reddit is significant.

@Istaril - Google doesn't provide information unless you're looking for it. Reddit provides information that others are looking for/at that you think you would also be interested in. Google is a search enginge. Reddit is a hive mind where you choose which topics you want to bubble to the top.

#27 darknoj

darknoj

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Their is a reason that hive minds have a queen. The average person in the mind is dum. Do you really want to read what "the general" public wants to know…topic one how to enlarge you..

#28 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

darknoj said:

Their is a reason that hive minds have a queen. The average person in the mind is dum. Do you really want to read what "the general" public wants to know…topic one how to enlarge you..

While this might be accurate for the general populace, go check out reddit.com before you sell it as terrible, lol. Hell it's subscription based. If you don't like memes, just unsubscribe from /r/Funny. Same is true of most of the sub-reddits. While I'm loathe to keep bumping this, I feel reddit has a terrible and undeserved reputation here.

#29 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

*sigh*

Ok, I've broken down. I decided that I'll start cross posting the new episode links to Reddit as well.

#30 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

Kennon said:

*sigh*

Ok, I've broken down. I decided that I'll start cross posting the new episode links to Reddit as well.

~Attention *****. ;)

#31 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

Kennon said:

*sigh*

Lmao. I'm not asking you to. I'm actually trying to build the page there. I've seen 3 people join since I started posting links. It's going to be a slight pain as the page is so dead that you can't get enough Karma to post and so you have to message the mod. I'll admit I haven't been posting your link there because I didn't want people to feel like I was advertising for you… I have been posting the articles I find interesting, though! I think half the posts right now are CardGameDB.com articles, lol.

FYI, the audience is 15 subscribers and any random vagabonds that use it. But it's grown by a person a week in theory since I started!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS