• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

Tony Helion said:

I'm just curious if anyone has thought up any good house rules for solo play?  I bought the game becuase I love 40k but won't have many opportunities to play with people as most of my friends don't like board games.  Someone mentioned a turn count to get to the middle to win, any idea what a good number would be?  I thought about having other players on the board just to activate more spaces, but not sure if that would add much.

Check out the one posted on BGG:

http://boardgamegeek...r-one-character

There are two main issues with this variant: one, the PVP Missions become meaningless(maybe you have to institute an automated dummy for that),and the PVP-specifc Power and Asset   cards lose their special properties.

There are characters in the game whose special abilities require an opponent's input to work coherently and  effectively. The Commissar's and Inquisitor's movement abilities, for instance depend on other players seeding the board for them  with specific types of threat cards.  the Rogue Trader's stealing of assets won't work of course, and the Sniper may as well take influence from himself .

You can easily play the game soloing with two characters, though.

#22 s1r_70nk

s1r_70nk

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

I read this threat last night and tried to play the game by myself. It is possible, but there are some Quest that do require another player for, but I can think of 3 Quest that you can do by your self.

#23 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Or just go to a space where you can draw another Mission and replace your Mission that requires another character (or the easy way out, just re-draw on the spot when you first get the Mission).

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS