• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 ScottieATF

ScottieATF

• Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Budgernaut said:

I swear I've seen the answer to this somewhere, but I can't find it now.

I had Boba Fett vs. Luke with Old Ben's Spirit (and a bunch of other enhancements to boot!). I won the edge and dealt the finishing blow to Luke. Old Ben's Spirit kicked in and removed all damage counters. Then Fett's reaction came into play. I would say that he dealt damage, even if the damage counters were removed by Old Ben's Spirit, so Fett captures Luke and discards all the enhancements.

I could also envision someone arguing that no damage was done since Luke is undamaged after Old Ben's Spirit takes effect, but I don't think that's right.

What do you guys think?

You did damage Luke.  You damage every character with Boba even if he kills them.  The issue is that when he kills them, they are discarded before he can use his Reaction.  The fact that Luke remains means you can finally use Boba's Reaction.  The damage was at one point placed on Luke.afterall.

#22 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

Note to LS players in this situation: if you're running Last Minute Rescue and might have a Return of the Jedi coming up you can choose not to use Old Ben's Spirit's Interrupt (it isn't Forced) and let Luke die instead of being captured.

#23 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

dbmeboy said:

Note to LS players in this situation: if you're running Last Minute Rescue and might have a Return of the Jedi coming up you can choose not to use Old Ben's Spirit's Interrupt (it isn't Forced) and let Luke die instead of being captured.

Right. That's been my plan for a while since I run A Hero's Journey, Secret of Yavin 4, In You Must Go, A Message From Beyond, and Last Minute Rescue.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#24 mischraum.de

mischraum.de

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

TGO said:

All damage is dealt at the same time.

How do we know that damage is dealt at the same time and not one by one?

Is the same true for the use of the tactics icons? Do I have to deal two focus tokens to a unit with a shield icon to be 100% sure it is focussed afterwards?

Travelling for LCG tournaments: Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Gen Con, Genoa, Göteborg, Liege, Salzburg
Next destination: Make a suggestion!

#25 elrond99

elrond99

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:45 AM

Just to follow up on the idea of damage being dealt at the same time, I had a scenario in a game recently where we weren't sure exactly how the damage gets resolved…

The LS player attacked with Han Solo and a Guardian of the Peace, placing a shield token on Han. Both characters had 1 damage token, and the Guardian had an Old Ben's Spirit. the DS player defended with Darth Vader wielding Vader's Lightsaber. The DS player won the edge battle and focused Vader to do 3 damage to Han. The first damage was blocked by the shield. The LS player used the Guardian's protect ability to take the second damage, killing it, and using Old Ben's Spirit to save her. The LS player then used the Guardian's protect ability again, to place the third damage on the refreshed Guardian.

Is this the proper sequence to follow? If all 3 damage are technically being dealt at once, is there an opportunity to use Old Ben's Spirit in between 2 damage being placed? Or should Han have died from the 3rd damage?

#26 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:57 AM

Han should have died. The Guardian could only redirect 1 damage, so there would have been 2 damage dealt to Han and 1 damage dealt to the guardian simultaneously. At that point, both Han and the Guardian would be immediately destroyed. Old Ben's Spirit could then interrupt and save the Guardian, but it would be too late for it to redirect another damage from Han.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS