do extra turns stack?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ososober

ososober

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:29 AM

yesteday we hada  game, where, one character had landed on the card from dragon, will give youa warlock quest if you want one, if you already have a warlock quest have another turn (cant rember exact wording or name of card), also on that space was the stanger that allows you to take the top spell card of the discards once per visit

same region another card was there, the change alignment stranger, roll a die and change to that alignment, if changing to same alignment have another turn.

i was dragon hunter with riding horse

spaces were in middle region either 7 or 9 were needed to arrive at other location

top spell was temporal vortex, 

cast at the start of your turn, before you move, You may take 2 successive turns before play passes to the next player

I also had the object from dragon, the when you defeat a dragon in battle have another turn and druid staff.

I had a warlock quest, already (hand in one armour)

turn 1 i land on first space, encounter a dragon scale fight dragon and win battle (1 extra turn) i also encouter the cards on the space, take the top spell from discard (temporal vortex) and as i have a warlock quest have another turn effect again. (2 now)

end turn 1

turn 2, cast temporal vortex (now i have 4 stored turns)  for movement i roll a 6 on 2 dice, i then add up to 3 due to dragon rider, land on space with red token, and the change alignment stranger, fight dragon from red ded, kill dragon , claim scale, visit alignmen change stanger, roll 4 neutral, use druid staff to go neutral  gain another turn (still 4 turns stacked) end turn 2

turn 3, go back to first square, gain another 3 turns as get temporal vortex again and another turn. now have six stacked

rinse and repeat lots of times 

is this correct?

sorry for long post and not actually naming cards

#2 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

ososober said:

yesteday we hada  game, where, one character had landed on the card from dragon, will give youa warlock quest if you want one, if you already have a warlock quest have another turn (cant rember exact wording or name of card), also on that space was the stanger that allows you to take the top spell card of the discards once per visit

same region another card was there, the change alignment stranger, roll a die and change to that alignment, if changing to same alignment have another turn.

i was dragon hunter with riding horse

spaces were in middle region either 7 or 9 were needed to arrive at other location

top spell was temporal vortex, 

cast at the start of your turn, before you move, You may take 2 successive turns before play passes to the next player

I also had the object from dragon, the when you defeat a dragon in battle have another turn and druid staff.

I had a warlock quest, already (hand in one armour)

turn 1 i land on first space, encounter a dragon scale fight dragon and win battle (1 extra turn) i also encouter the cards on the space, take the top spell from discard (temporal vortex) and as i have a warlock quest have another turn effect again. (2 now)

end turn 1

turn 2, cast temporal vortex (now i have 4 stored turns)  for movement i roll a 6 on 2 dice, i then add up to 3 due to dragon rider, land on space with red token, and the change alignment stranger, fight dragon from red ded, kill dragon , claim scale, visit alignmen change stanger, roll 4 neutral, use druid staff to go neutral  gain another turn (still 4 turns stacked) end turn 2

turn 3, go back to first square, gain another 3 turns as get temporal vortex again and another turn. now have six stacked

rinse and repeat lots of times 

is this correct?

There's still confusion about this topic and FFG answers. Previous discussion was about missed turns or effects that last multiple turns (like Toading), but if we had an answer to those questions, I assume we could extend it to your case too. As for now, we have this:

From the Base Rulebook, page 16:

If a character is already a Toad and is turned into a Toad again (for example, as a result of the Random Spell), the character
remains a Toad for three more turns starting from the second transformation.

So we understand that turns you have to play as a Toad do not stack, when you are transformed into a Toad you always count 3 turns, no matter if you were already a Toad for only 1 turn.

From the current FAQ, page 10:

Chivalric Knight
Q: If the Chivalric Knight aids two characters during the same round, does he must miss 2 turns or only 1 turn?
A: 2 turns.

In this case the instruction "miss your next turn" on the character card can lead to multiple consecutively missed turns, which is exactly the opposite of the Toad ruling.

The probable right answer is that missed/extra turns should be stacked and this is what I play. There shouldn't be many ways to gain or miss lots of turns during the same turn, but if it happens, stacking is the most intuitive way to go.

Still, I'm not able to understand the events and combinations you described in your post. Quoting card names might help.

#3 ososober

ososober

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

space was middle region space above sential, had(green dragon card) spell caller stranger, the spell caller will remain here for remainder of game, you may may take the top spell from the discard pile ifyour Craft allows,

also on this space , Warlock's apprentice,  Stranger, if you do not have a Warlock Quest, you may accept one. If you already have a warlocks quest you may take another turn after this one.

also on this space green dragon card, sprite dragon stranger, draw 4 spells and place them face up when revealed, once per visit you may take a spell of your choice from this card (temporal vortex was one of the drawn spells)

oasis space middle region had adventure card madcap  stranger , the madcap will remain here for rest of the game, roll 1 die and chage to that alignment. if you change into the same alignment you may take another turn.

and last card on this space was ido, pray with the same results as temple.

Dragon rider, may add three to dice roll,  for movement

riding horse, may use two dice for movement

distance between spaces is either 7 one direction or 9 other direction

first turn cast temporal vortex(2 sucsessive turns), land on hills visit warlocks apprentice, get another turn(now 3), visit spell caller, get temporal vortex back (2 turns spare)

turn 2 (1 spare turn remaining) at start of turn cast temporal vortx, (3 spare turns remaining) roll 6 add 1 to movement land oasis, visit madcap, roll 3 change to neutral with druid staff, gain anouther turn (now 4) pray at idol,

turn 3 (3 spare) roll 8 use +1 to make 9, land on hills, visit green scale kill draqon, visit spell caller, get temporal vortex, visit warlocks apprentise get free turn 4 spare 

turn 4 (3spare) cast temporal vortex, (5 spare), ect you get the picture, had about 30 turns before we called the game over as it was possible to continue on indefinitly

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS