40 replies to this topic

#21 ScottieATF

ScottieATF

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

Holliday88 said:

ScottieATF said:

Is there a reason you have seperated light side and dark side objectives?

What program did you use for this?

Yes. The DS tiebreaker is total objectives destroyed in the match. So you need to record the number you destroyed as LS as well as DS. 

I put this together with InDesign. 

No I get why you have to record objectives scored, just why you seperated them rather then just having the objectives that player destroyed in the game.  I don't iike having the two numbers for different players on the same line .  I feel like people will add those together rather then thier LS and thier DS objective scores

#22 Holliday88

Holliday88

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:31 AM

ScottieATF said:

Holliday88 said:

ScottieATF said:

Yes. The DS tiebreaker is total objectives destroyed in the match. So you need to record the number you destroyed as LS as well as DS. 

No I get why you have to record objectives scored, just why you seperated them rather then just having the objectives that player destroyed in the game.  I don't iike having the two numbers for different players on the same line .  I feel like people will add those together rather then thier LS and thier DS objective scores

Oh, I see what you mean. Good point, let met think on it. I wanted to have all the tiebreakers on one sheet so the TO didn't have to compare sheets in case of discrepancy. But, I do like the consistency of  always recording only your own results.

North Carolina Facebook Group

Join the resource for connecting players across NC.

#23 Holliday88

Holliday88

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:32 AM

MasterJediAdam said:

So I have an idea to make this a little better: incorporate the decklist along with this. Since the decklist is basically 10 sets of 6 card OSets, it might be able to fit on a half sheet. In this way, the document could be all inclusive. When paring, simply fold the document in half to cover the list.

Do you mean something different from v2? I added a deck list to the side of the card.

#24 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

Didn't see there was a version 2. Looks like you read my mind … animado

Welcome to the machine!

#25 ScottieATF

ScottieATF

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

Holliday88 said:

ScottieATF said:

Holliday88 said:

ScottieATF said:

Oh, I see what you mean. Good point, let met think on it. I wanted to have all the tiebreakers on one sheet so the TO didn't have to compare sheets in case of discrepancy. But, I do like the consistency of  always recording only your own results.

maybe rename them to specify better objectives you destroyed vs your opponents, that way you still have all the info on one card, but they will be clearer as to what to compare to what.  and at least they will be vertically next to each other as opposed to caddy corner like now.

also any though to renaming the "tie" slot as just "bonus" and making it just one box as opposed to two, since you'd never be marking more then one box of it if that.

#26 Holliday88

Holliday88

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Updated the cards to simplify the tiebreakers and added a player #. The links on the first post are updated to v2.1.

#27 Jedi_Knight

Jedi_Knight

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

I would suggest what MasterJediAdam came with - as it is, your opponents can see your decklist if the card is not folded. And the Decklist area is rather small with only five lines - on the other hand, there is place for 8 matches, which will rarely come into being in a tournament.

My suggestions is to remove the 8th match and put the total strength of schedule little left, so it ends at the same place as the match table does. The Decklist can then be both expanded (if for example someone comes into tournament with only one core, they would need more room) and it can be both folded or cut of and given to the TO.

Other than that, totally awesome. My worries is just that people will have to write really tiny into the decklist area.

And thanks for the reply - I'll send the translation as soon as you are really happy with the finality of the scorecard.

#28 Holliday88

Holliday88

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

Jedi_Knight said:

I would suggest what MasterJediAdam came with - as it is, your opponents can see your decklist if the card is not folded. And the Decklist area is rather small with only five lines - on the other hand, there is place for 8 matches, which will rarely come into being in a tournament.

My suggestions is to remove the 8th match and put the total strength of schedule little left, so it ends at the same place as the match table does. The Decklist can then be both expanded (if for example someone comes into tournament with only one core, they would need more room) and it can be both folded or cut of and given to the TO.

Other than that, totally awesome. My worries is just that people will have to write really tiny into the decklist area.

And thanks for the reply - I'll send the translation as soon as you are really happy with the finality of the scorecard.

I did think about your opponent being able to 'spy' your deck list before the match. The easiest way to avoid this si to turn your card over until you need to record game results. WIth a blank back you're also being given a place to jot down notes in case you want to record the number of force icons in the opponents hand after you play 'Interrogation.'

As for the number of mathces, I agree with you that 8 is probably a lot. However, I do want this to be as versatile as possible. I will create a 6 match version and you guys can be free to use which ever card you need.

#29 Jedi_Knight

Jedi_Knight

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

Awesome, just pure awesomness. Thanks.

#30 Holliday88

Holliday88

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

Updated first post to include a 6-match version.

#31 jasonconlon

jasonconlon

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

This is fantastic - thanks so much for sharing (and saving me from having to come up with one myself).

Only suggestion I have is to include a match total, which is then followed by the running tournament total column you've already got (but also adding a reference to indicate that it is a running total).

Love your work!

#32 jasonconlon

jasonconlon

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

And one more unimportant thing…

With the two separate decklist sections, perhaps title one as "LS Affiliation" & "LS Objectives", and the other as "DS Affiliation" & "DS Objectives".

#33 Holliday88

Holliday88

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

jasonconlon said:

And one more unimportant thing…

With the two separate decklist sections, perhaps title one as "LS Affiliation" & "LS Objectives", and the other as "DS Affiliation" & "DS Objectives".

Ok, check the first post. 

#34 jasonconlon

jasonconlon

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:42 AM

That looks great.

I like how you've gone and added in "W / L / D" for people to easily circle.  And pre-filled Dark Side and Light Side to each of the match-ups now too - one less thing to have to write.

Now that you've got pre-defined Dark Side and Light Side rows for each match, you could also provide guidance as to which of the extra bits of info are needed in the event of a tie breaker, as follows:
1) In the Dark Side "Dial" field put a light grey "L" in the upper left corner, to indicate this applies when both sides lose as Dark (i.e. both sides win as Light).
2) In the Dark Side "Obj. Destroyed - You" field, shade this field out as not applicable.
3) In the Dark Side "Obj. Destroyed - Opp." field, put a light grey "W" in the upper left corner to indicate this applies when both sides win as Dark.
4) In the Light Side "Dial" field put a light grey "W" in the upper left corner, to indicate this applies when both sides win as Light
5) In the Light Side "Obj. Destroyed - You" field, put a light grey "L" in the upper left corner to indicate this applies when both lose as Light (i.e. both sides win as Dark).
6) In the Light Side "Obj. Destroyed - Opp." field, shade this field out as not applicable.

#35 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:24 AM

Just so you know, all of the links are broken for me on my phone at least.

#36 jasonconlon

jasonconlon

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

Yeah, I noticed they were down for a little while there, too, but they're working again now.

#37 Holliday88

Holliday88

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:20 AM

jasonconlon said:

That looks great.

I like how you've gone and added in "W / L / D" for people to easily circle.  And pre-filled Dark Side and Light Side to each of the match-ups now too - one less thing to have to write.

Now that you've got pre-defined Dark Side and Light Side rows for each match, you could also provide guidance as to which of the extra bits of info are needed in the event of a tie breaker, as follows:
1) In the Dark Side "Dial" field put a light grey "L" in the upper left corner, to indicate this applies when both sides lose as Dark (i.e. both sides win as Light).
2) In the Dark Side "Obj. Destroyed - You" field, shade this field out as not applicable.
3) In the Dark Side "Obj. Destroyed - Opp." field, put a light grey "W" in the upper left corner to indicate this applies when both sides win as Dark.
4) In the Light Side "Dial" field put a light grey "W" in the upper left corner, to indicate this applies when both sides win as Light
5) In the Light Side "Obj. Destroyed - You" field, put a light grey "L" in the upper left corner to indicate this applies when both lose as Light (i.e. both sides win as Dark).
6) In the Light Side "Obj. Destroyed - Opp." field, shade this field out as not applicable.

Thanks!

I don't really want to add too much more as I want them to be pretty straight forward and not meant as a replacement for the rulebook. Putting in W's and L's in that area would be confusing with the W / L / D on the left. I don't really want to put all the tiebreaker rules there, just provide a place for the results to be recorded. However, I do like the idea of shading between your objectives destroyed and your opponents. I'll add that.

Question though.  All of the objectives destroyed boxes are applicable, aren't they? Tiebreaker is the total number of objectives you destoryed in the match, not just the game as LS. So you need a palce to keep track of how many you blew up as a DS player. Let me know, I'll be happy to change something if it's not working.

#38 ScottieATF

ScottieATF

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:45 AM

Holliday88 said:

jasonconlon said:

That looks great.

Thanks!

I don't really want to add too much more as I want them to be pretty straight forward and not meant as a replacement for the rulebook. Putting in W's and L's in that area would be confusing with the W / L / D on the left. I don't really want to put all the tiebreaker rules there, just provide a place for the results to be recorded. However, I do like the idea of shading between your objectives destroyed and your opponents. I'll add that.

Question though.  All of the objectives destroyed boxes are applicable, aren't they? Tiebreaker is the total number of objectives you destoryed in the match, not just the game as LS. So you need a palce to keep track of how many you blew up as a DS player. Let me know, I'll be happy to change something if it's not working.

That is how the tiebreakers work

#39 jasonconlon

jasonconlon

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

My mistake - you're right, it's a total of the objectives destroyed in both games.  So no shading out required.

#40 jasonconlon

jasonconlon

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

Rather than the little "L" and "W" indicators then, above the 'DIAL' column you could put "LS WIN TIEBREAKER", and above the 'OBJ. DESTROYED' columns you could put "DS WIN TIEBREAKER".

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS