• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

Kaijudo said:

So is this Delux edtion is coming out in June?

That's the implication, though experience seems to suggest FFG runs a little late with their products at times, so I wouldn't be surprised if it came out in July or August.

#22 Kaijudo

Kaijudo

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

Saturnine said:

Kaijudo said:

So is this Delux edtion is coming out in June?

That's the implication, though experience seems to suggest FFG runs a little late with their products at times, so I wouldn't be surprised if it came out in July or August.

True, I agree with that. 

Do you think this is the first in what couyld be 3 to 4 more delux sets?  There are still 3 runner factions and 4 corporation factions right? or did they add a new runner faction?…..

#23 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

Kaijudo said:

Do you think this is the first in what couyld be 3 to 4 more delux sets?

Definitely. I do wonder what they'll do for the fourth box. I don't really see them adding a new runner faction. I think it's more likely to have a focus on neutral runner cards (I saw somebody else suggest Neutral identity cards, which could be interesting), or they start cycling through the runners again if they're just aiming to keep releasing these deluxe expansions (so first one HB/Shaper, let's say second one Jinteki/Criminal, then NBN/Anarch, then Weland/Shaper, then HB/Criminal, and so on….). Or the fourth box could have a little bit for every runner faction.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the deluxe expansion are gonna be on a sligther faster release schedule. Usually it's 6 months between deluxe boxes in the other LCGs, but I could see them going for a 3 or 4 month schedule (at least for the first 4 deluxe boxes) to equalize the card pool faster, but perhaps that is just wishful thinking.

#24 Defenstrator

Defenstrator

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

On the one hand, very interesting. On the other, seems a bit weird to give two factions a big shot in the arm with the expectation that nobody else is going to get love for at least a few months after that.

#25 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

DocH said:

Are the Shapers a female only faction?  Can we get a Male Shaper at some point?

I am quite pleased that they've been keeping the male/female ratio more balanced than other games, though I would also like to see a male Shaper and a female Anarch soon.

#26 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

Defenstrator said:

On the one hand, very interesting. On the other, seems a bit weird to give two factions a big shot in the arm with the expectation that nobody else is going to get love for at least a few months after that.

Given the fact that they were going to release deluxe expansions of one sort or another, I think the way they're doing it is the best they could have done. Giving every faction new cards would amount to a little under a triple-size data pack, which, while nice, wouldn't feel impactful enough for a deluxe expansion. The point of a deluxe expansion is to shake up the meta, not to trickle in a few new cards for everyone -- that's what the data packs are for. Admittedly, Creation and Control will have more impact on the two factions, relatively speaking, than the other deluxe expansions coming down the line will have for their respective factions, because the card pool will continue to grow with the data packs and the deluxe expansions will represent a smaller percentage of the overall card pool.

Besides, since you can splash cards from other factions, every faction still gets more options with the expansion. Because of that, I also don't think it'll be a significant balance issue -- the meta usually balances itself out quite well and will find answers to the "new hotness" soon enough, aside from the fact that some other faction decks will profit from the new cards as well.

#27 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

It is possible I am overestimating it, but I find Tyr’s Hand from this new spoiler article frequishly good. If I am not mistaking, basically, it is a guaranteed "end the run" on the last piece of ICE, preferrably after the runner depleted his or her credit pool to brake through the ICE beforehand. Not to mention the nasty surprises it holds in the form of brain damage subroutines. :)

#28 Lord Jure

Lord Jure

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

Rince said:

It is possible I am overestimating it, but I find Tyr’s Hand from this new spoiler article frequishly good. If I am not mistaking, basically, it is a guaranteed "end the run" on the last piece of ICE, preferrably after the runner depleted his or her credit pool to brake through the ICE beforehand. Not to mention the nasty surprises it holds in the form of brain damage subroutines. :)

Imagine if the runner planned to use his last click and E3 fededback to break Janus 1.0… and than you use Tyr's hand.

#29 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

Rince said:

Well, they can just break the subroutine again if they have the clicks or money to do so. Still, it's going to be situationally useful -- probably best early game if you manage to bait them running a server protected by one bioroid that they think they can click through.

#30 rpgplayer88

rpgplayer88

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

Just got my 1st netrunner core and still new to FFG. If I'm reading right, there is un-deluxe edition for this package in near future? I really like the box but big package really add up the shipment cost to international player without filling all the space is a bit of waste.

#31 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

rpgplayer88 said:

Just got my 1st netrunner core and still new to FFG. If I'm reading right, there is un-deluxe edition for this package in near future? I really like the box but big package really add up the shipment cost to international player without filling all the space is a bit of waste.

The box of a deluxe expansion is much smaller than a core set box, but significantly larger than the monthly data pack expansions. You can see a size comparison in this thread over on BGG: http://boardgamegeek...-new-mechanisms

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS