The Sea of Horror Custom Expansion

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:50 PM

Heliconia said:

Absolutely awesome! My hat's off to you sir. I've read through most of it, and will forward any suggestions (if I have any) when I'm finished. Keep up the good work.

Tnx! replies are always a good a motive to continue! And I would love to hear your suggestions!

One piece of ruling I forgot, regarding Seasickness:

Players can't have more than one copy of the Seasickness special card.

p.s. I'm aware one of my encounters says otherwise, and I've already eidted it in .eons.

#42 Hadanelith

Hadanelith

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:31 PM

Couple of quick notes:

The new Corruptions - are they meant to be added to, or replace, the BGotW Corruptions? With the Herald, are you deliberately removing the rule that if the corruption deck runs out, the GOO wakes up? Did you deliberately mismatch a couple of the movement symbols, so that cross only comes up once, crescent three times, and pairs aren't always the same?

As to your new investigator, isn't his ability kind of pointless? Most of the time, you either pick up a specific ally, or you go to Ma's and pick whichever one you want. Drawing a random Ally almost never happens, which makes his ability one that rarely triggers.

The new Herald seems a little rough - Discard an Atlantis Gate Trophy AND two Sea Monsters? X equals the number of corruptions? I've had games where all of the investigators together had seven or eight of them! Five Doom AND he's both physically AND magically immune? You need Rusty Weapons galore, and really low corruption counts, plus lots of clue tokens, especially if you have to kill him in one turn! Kinda ridiculous, though certainly interesting.

#43 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:22 PM

This is my mistake; all the corruptions should be pairs. I'm eiditng them now. And I forgot the rule about the AO awakening when no corruptions are left. Editing that, too. And the attack is intentional. Having two monsters trophies and one gate trophy of atlantis isn't so hard to come by in the coarse of an entire game if you aren't spending them. And, if you come to the battle with a Rusty Weapon or two and enough clues, removing 5 doom tokens shouldn't be too hard. Challenging, sure, but possible.

And ofcours, you draw from Xoxer's corruption deck if he's the herald, not the BGotW.

And again, tnx for noticing the mistakes.

By the way, I revised the Desrted Isle: img15.imageshack.us/img15/4277/expansion1.jpg

#44 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:20 PM

All the encounters for the Prison at Sea:

So, what we have left until the expansion is complete?

*7 cards double the 3 locations that are left

*10 street encounters cards

*20 mythos cards

*10 other world cards

*around 10 different monsters

*a guardian

*a couple more treasure cards

*a couple more investigators

*a couple more ancient ones

ETA: 2 weeks, maybe less.

Oh, and a couple of rules: (if you're lost with all the rules updates don't worry, the complete expansion would have the full rules)

1. Environment cards from the new Mythos cards are not discarded when an environenment from the regular mythos deck is played. An environment card from the new Mythos deck is only discarded when another environemt card from the new mythos deck is played.

2. It's possible for 2 rumors to be in play at the same time if one rumor is from the regular mythos deck and the other is from the new mythos deck.

3. Investigators imprisoned at the Prison at Sea discard all their allies.

4. Investigators imprisoned at the Prison at Sea can use any items they get via encounters at the Prison at Sea (as opposed to the items they had when they got imprisoned).

This is all for now.

#45 Hadanelith

Hadanelith

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:03 PM

Quick edit note: the encounter with the meteor, the visiting part - refering to the meteor as him seems a little strange. That is all. Carry on.

#46 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:47 AM

Good catch. Editing now.

#47 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:18 AM

The revised Seasickness card and all the encounters for the Dirft Shore:

edit: damn why is it small? I'm in a hurry and will post larget version later

#48 Gio

Gio

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

kroen:

I love the looks of this expansion so far; I personally can't wait for it to be finished.

Even so, what are your plans for when it is finished? Will you release the .eon files and the extension for public consumption?

- Gio

#49 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:25 AM

Gio said:

kroen:

I love the looks of this expansion so far; I personally can't wait for it to be finished.

Even so, what are your plans for when it is finished? Will you release the .eon files and the extension for public consumption?

- Gio

I don't see why not. And tnx.

Larger version, as promised, plus the revision of one encounter at Boat Passage:

And soon, very soon, some sea monsters!

#50 Hadanelith

Hadanelith

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:44 AM

Edit note: the encounter that sends you to the 'Lose City of Atlantis' - not quite what I think you meant, eh? Carry on the good work.

#51 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:07 AM

Hadanelith said:

Edit note: the encounter that sends you to the 'Lose City of Atlantis' - not quite what I think you meant, eh? Carry on the good work.

I took inspiration from the encounter that sends you to Dreamlands and back. What's not to udnerstand? there are quite a few of encounters that sends you to other worlds, have you have an encounter there and then immediately returns you back. It's self-explanetory really.

#52 Yenreb

Yenreb

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:09 AM

kroen said:

Hadanelith said:

I'm not sure I get what you mean.

I took inspiration from the encounter that sends you to Dreamlands.

He's pointing out a typo. It says the "Lose" City, rather than the "Lost" City.

#53 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:41 AM

An added rule to the Maelstrom:

If all there are no Flood tokens left, add a doom token to the Ancient One's doom track instead.

One last revision to that encounter, and many sea monsters: (not including copies)

#54 Razrael

Razrael

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:46 AM

This looks great.

Can't wait for the finalised version.
Keep up the good work.

#55 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:01 AM

Razrael said:

This looks great.

Can't wait for the finalised version.
Keep up the good work.

I'm glad you like it.

Another investigator:

I understand the ability is quite potent, that's why I gave her a -1 penalty on focus and 1$ unspent.

#56 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:40 AM

#57 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:37 AM

A rule I forgot:

If a street should be flooded but there are no Flood token left, a doom token is added to the Ancient One's doom track instead.

#58 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:46 AM

I decided to further penalize Chloe and now she has 4$ unspent:

#59 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:43 AM

All the encoutners for the drift shore:

To do list:

7 encounters for Open Sea

10 encounters for streets

20 mythos cards

10 gate cards

a few more treasures, investigators and ancient ones

and I'm done!

#60 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:04 AM

I revised the board a little: img17.imageshack.us/img17/4277/expansion1.jpg

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS