• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

ScottieATF said:

A bye has to count as a full win.  A player should not be eliminated from the running for first place (in a tournament with no cut especially) because they were randomly chosen to get the bye.  You just can't penalize a player for something they had zero ability to control.

Agree with ScottieATF.  4 points for the bye.  It's enough of a downside that it will contribute 0 points to your Strength of Schedule, it doesn't need to have points cut too.

#22 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

Will there be a ranking system for us to use when we use the Strength of Schedule method?

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#23 Jedi_Knight

Jedi_Knight

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

flightmaster101 said:

Toqtamish said:

MarthWMaster said:

Holliday88 said:

What happens if game 1 goes to time? Is game 2 automatically considered a draw?

It's hard to imagine a single round of this game taking a full tournament timeslot, but I suppose it would force a draw.

Rules say any game that goes to time is a draw so would be 1 point for each player that match. Game two wouldn't even be a factor as it never started. I cannot see a match being a single game going to time. 70 minutes is plenty of time for two let alone one game of Star Wars.

i think if game 1 times out both players get 2 points.  2 games must be played, so I would think game 2 is considered to have timed out also.

That's my interpretation also and until FFG releases a specific guideline for such situations, that's the way we will score such games in our tournament group.

#24 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

One way to find out for sure so I hav emailed FFG.

#25 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:29 AM

I was correct, game 2 does not matter as it never started. So 1 point per player.

Nate French says:

If the first game goes to time, only that first game is scored, and each player receives 1 point for the match. The second game was not played, and no result is recorded.

Regarding byes:

The "bye" should be treated as a player who loses all his games.

This means that if a player has no opponent for a round, he is considered to have won both games for that round. (This happens both with byes, and if an opponent doesn't show up for his match.)

There are a couple implications for the bye here:

1) The bye is random in the first round.

2) In all subsequent rounds, the bye, with 0 match points, is always at the bottom of the swiss standings. (This means that a player from the lowest ranked group will receive the bye.)

3) The bye contributes no points to a player's strength of schedule.

#26 flightmaster101

flightmaster101

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

Toqtamish said:

I was correct, game 2 does not matter as it never started. So 1 point per player.

Nate French says:

If the first game goes to time, only that first game is scored, and each player receives 1 point for the match. The second game was not played, and no result is recorded.

Regarding byes:

The "bye" should be treated as a player who loses all his games.

This means that if a player has no opponent for a round, he is considered to have won both games for that round. (This happens both with byes, and if an opponent doesn't show up for his match.)

There are a couple implications for the bye here:

1) The bye is random in the first round.

2) In all subsequent rounds, the bye, with 0 match points, is always at the bottom of the swiss standings. (This means that a player from the lowest ranked group will receive the bye.)

3) The bye contributes no points to a player's strength of schedule.

yup got this email today also.  Makes sense.  I would add to my tourney that it would be the bottom player who has not yet had a bye.  So the same player doesn't get 3 or 4 rounds of bye.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS