How to Score Arkham Horror?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

I'm sure the question has already been answered but I am unaware of it: can anyone divulge to me all the possible points one can acquire or lose when having finished a victory in the Arkham Horror game?

Specifically also is their any positives or negatives when playing with expansions, a combination there of, and/or with heralds/guardians/institutions?

Thanks.

#2 Ariakan

Ariakan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

You can see how to calculate the score points at p.12 of the core rulebook. There is a section there with the label "Scoring Victories". Also in the expansion The Black Goat in the Woods there are 5 extra cards called Difficulty level. You choose to play with one of those cards, if you want. They are making the game easier or harder. Depends from the card you are playing on you add or subctract points from your total score.

#3 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

Tromdial said:

Specifically also is their any positives or negatives when playing with expansions, a combination there of, and/or with heralds/guardians/institutions?

Nope. You don't get extra points if playing multiple expansions, adding Heralds or whatelse. The only modifications to the score coming with expansions (for core game scoring, see pag. 12, as addressed by Ariakan) come with Dunwich (retiring investigators and passing missions / tasks) and the Black Goat expansion if you play with difficulty levels (that are very rarely used, generally speaking). I've always felt this as the only weak point of Arkham: you should be rewarded by PS passed, rumors passed and so on. I guess it's very easy to adjust this with house rules; nonetheless, I wish something official was said

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#4 Doc Demers

Doc Demers

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

Julia said:

I've always felt this as the only weak point of Arkham: you should be rewarded by PS passed, rumors passed and so on. I guess it's very easy to adjust this with house rules; nonetheless, I wish something official was said

Always thought the same thing too. The way to score Arkham should be revised. Many things have been added since the core game has been released. Each extra board should be counted. As should Heralds & Guardians, personal stories, closing rifts, filling the Feds track, killing the Dunwich Horror, and as mentionned, "solving" a rumor.

Maybe hem… in the next updated… FAQ…

P.S. Would be nice to have a nice official scoring sheet too!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS