• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 xBeakeRx

xBeakeRx

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:10 AM

Major Mishap said:

Must admit this is the worst forum I have ever used, its just so slow ALL the time, thats of course when its actually working.

yeah, it's pretty bad, but it's not the forum that's the problem, FFG needs to upgrade their servers.

#82 marcemtp

marcemtp

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

Maybe they should limit the number of activations bases on the points agreed upon by the players. When I used to play mechwarrior you had 1 action per 100 points. Most games I played were 250 to 300 points which ment each player had 3 actions. With Dust tactics you could set 1 activation (move+move, move + shoot, ect) per 50 pionts. So in a 300 point battle both players would only get to activate 6 units. Then the spotter spammers would be in for a beating.

#83 Mike_Evans

Mike_Evans

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

I like marcemtp's idea quite a bit.

A friend of mine had an excellent idea related to this:  Instead of rolling for initiative at the start of each turn (which is such a crapshoot), I like the idea that the first person to pass will be the first to move the following turn.  Therefore, the guy who has fewer activations may be getting outmaneuvered a bit, esp. during the earlier turns, but he will usually get the first move on the following turn, which is often a huge deal.  You would be able to pass before you finish activating all of your units, but then some of your units wouldn't get to move on that turn.

This combats both the issue of having more activations than the other guy, and the total crapshoot of who gets to go first.  It is no fun when your opponent wins every single initiative roll just because they're lucky and you never get that critical first move.

#84 Lska

Lska

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

That sounds resonable but i don't whink we will see such major changes to the game mechanics..

I'm guessing more of a "sniper and spotter limit" per army or sth like that.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS